Options

New Channel ITV Encore

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
Forum Member
Launching on 9th June on Sky 123 showing repeats of ITV drama from the last few years. From the promo it's going to be repeating Inspector Banks, Whitechapel, Vera, Broadchurch, Downton Abbey etc. Do we need this channel? ITV1/3 repeat most of this anyway! If it was showing things like Band of Gold, Harry's Game and quality from years ago we never see repeated it'd be more interesting. Well imo anyway :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    It will air some original content and new commissions before the main itv channel from 2015 onwards
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the funding offered by Sky, They could have fewer adverts on ITV Encore then the other channels.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    tempobus wrote: »
    It will air some original content and new commissions before the main itv channel from 2015 onwards

Ah right. It said it was a channel dedicated to revisiting recent ITV drama, it does seem to fit with the name Encore :D But if it's going to show new stuff next year that sounds promising.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah right. It said it was a channel dedicated to revisiting recent ITV drama, it does seem to fit with the name Encore :D But if it's going to show new stuff next year that sounds promising.

Spreading too thinly comes to mind (again!)

It's like ITV Be, promoting a new channel around a single programme that's on its way out, and even using promotion shots, not intended for its purpose! Talk about squeezing every last bit.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea if this will be available in Ireland?
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    irishfeen wrote: »

If you get ITV 2, 3 & 4 HD then i don't see why not....
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Launching on 9th June on Sky 123...
    I wonder if ITV Player will be added to the Now TV box by/on the 9th June? It would make sense.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tempobus wrote: »

And still not a good enough reason to pay for it as even the original content will be available on a Pirate Bay near you.:D
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Surely just a re-brand of 3?:confused:
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    It's going to be the detriment of ITV3 surely, because ITV3 has been used to repeat Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge on etc shortly after ITV itself, now if they are short of programmes they'll have to shore up ITV Encore first, and so ITV3 could be very much archive only after this, It was no replacement for Granada Plus but ITV3 at least felt quite fresh and modern and relevant to the rest of the ITV channels by having a mix of recent ITV dramas with some big classic ones. I've got Sky but I don't welcome the launch of ITV Encore.
  • Options
    markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And still not a good enough reason to pay for it as even the original content will be available on a Pirate Bay near you.:D

Someone is getting 4 advisory notices from their ISP...
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be "UK Only" - looking like the channel won't be included in Irish subscriptions - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90374653&postcount=16
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will not get the new ITV Encore channel as I get my TV via BT TV with Youview. Not that I would watch the channel much.
    I have seen an ad on ITV(STV) and Gold for ITV Encore saying only with Sky you will get this channel.
    I hate how one or two channels are Sky only.
    If channels start on say Freeview or another digital platform they end up also on Sky after a few months.

Darren
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    The ad running for ITV Encore at the moment says UK only so it seems the channel will not be avainable to people in ROI. Here is more info on the launch.

http://worldscreen.com/articles/display/2014-5-13-dra-itvencore
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member

Not if you are on Virgin Broadband it is not, as this site and others are blocked including Torrentz.eu,
    I know because I am using my parent's internet connection at the moment until I move in June
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not if you are on Virgin Broadband it is not, as this site and others are blocked including Torrentz.eu,
    I know because I am using my parent's internet connection at the moment until I move in June

i hoPe that you aRe lOoking eXactlY at the right sites.

(Read the capital letters)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of Virgin Media ever getting it?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This channel is about ITV boss Adam Crozier getting his bonus.

By convincing shareholders he's doing clever things for ITV.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

you mean growing earnings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITN Source wrote: »
    Any chance of Virgin Media ever getting it?

Not until the period of exclusivity is over, likely a year or two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Not until the period of exclusivity is over, likely a year or two.

That is good news?

Has the exclusivity agreement been disclosed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITN Source wrote: »
    That is good news?

Has the exclusivity agreement been disclosed?

Doesn't mean its coming to Virgin, they still have to arrange a carriage agreement. And no it hasn't been disclosed, and very likely won't ever be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Doesn't mean its coming to Virgin, they still have to arrange a carriage agreement. And no it hasn't been disclosed, and very likely won't ever be.

Thanks for the information! ;-)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

Sounds like what is on ITV Encore in 2015 is what the main channel should be doing instead of watered down rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like what is on ITV Encore in 2015 is what the main channel should be doing instead of watered down rubbish.

Agreed! :)