Are there any unseen "You've 'Been Framed" clips left?

grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
Forum Member
✭✭
Considering this programme is on for 2 hours every flaming night on ITV2, just how long do you think ITV viewers will have continued interest on this prog?

Surely by now they must have exhausted their supply of clips - most of the ones I see are about the 25th time round!

Cheap TV from ITV! At least they don't steal a TV license fee from us!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    It's a total yawnfest. There's only so many times you can watch someone fall off their chair and find it funny.

I stopped watching when they showed a clip of (looked like an impoverished country) a corrugated iron roof with children standing on, collapsing into a (small) house, like it was supposed to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some serious injuries, or worse. I was shocked that they'd offer this up as entertainment.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as people keep getting married and their aunts and uncles keep getting drunk and falling over on the dance floor we'll have endless hours of "hilarious" clips of the same old shite for years to come.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it first started, YBF was brilliant. In the current You Tube age it's just irrelevant.

Oh look, some people falling over to a soundtrack with Harry Hill making a hilarious remark.
  • calatheacalathea Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it weird that i can still remember the first clip that won the best of the first series? Two guys doing a safety piece to camera standing by a weir. Explains you need a good strong rope, pulls rope, rope comes away, men fall in river.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,129
    Forum Member
    I remember they used to have a presenter (rather than a narrator that we have now).

I think all they show nowadays is repeats. They could show something new on a Saturday night.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they show a clip of a cat getting surprised by a goldfish and falling in the water. Now that'd be unusual and funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't believe it's still on the air. It was never that funny but most of the clips seem staged now and the amount of clips they use from America annoys me for some reason.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they show clips of brides and grooms fainting at weddings? Now that'd be funny.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not watched it for ages but there are so many similar programmes on TV both here and around the rest of the world that I wonder whether some of the bloopers are done on purpose so the blooper can be sold to one of these programmes.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it time this trash was taken off? It stopped being funny in the nineties and yet we get the same old ancient clips on a loop in every show.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Awful show. I'll happily pay £250 just for it to get it off the air -- the ultimate video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Isn't it time this trash was taken off? It stopped being funny in the nineties and yet we get the same old ancient clips on a loop in every show.

Notice how they no longer show the full date on screen in each video clip like they used as if we won't remember it's already been shown a million times ten years ago? Cheeky buggers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful show. I'll happily pay £250 just for it to get it off the air -- the ultimate video.
    The main reason it survives is probably because it's so cheap and about 2 million still watch it. However, its loss would hardly be mourned as most people see it as tired out and boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Harry Hill's given it a breath of fresh air. If it wasn't for his comments, it'd probably be dead by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bassebuwa wrote: »
    Harry Hill's given it a breath of fresh air. If it wasn't for his comments, it'd probably be dead by now.

I totally disagree. I've never "got" Harry Hill and I can't see why anyone thought there was a need for running commentary when it's just people falling over. The show was only ever really any good when the late and lovely Jeremy Beadle presented it, imho.
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It died a long time ago, and this Shooting Stars sketch sums it up perfectly:

http://youtu.be/08MldAXJgqQ
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are now in the year 2013 where the digial age of smart phones, ipads etc have enabled every single thing to be recorded meaning there must be literally hundreds of thousands "hilarious" clips being sent in to win £250.

So can someone please tell me why oh why, whenever I have the misfortune to watch this awful show, are they still showing grainy vhs video tape footage with a 1990 date stamp in the corner ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    We are now in the year 2013 where the digial age of smart phones, ipads etc have enabled every single thing to be recorded meaning there must be literally hundreds of thousands "hilarious" clips being sent in to win £250.

So can someone please tell me why oh why, whenever I have the misfortune to watch this awful show, are they still showing grainy vhs video tape footage with a 1990 date stamp in the corner ?

Because it's cheap and a couple of million people still see a 23 year old VHS clip of a man falling over a ladder amusing. I wish You've Been Framed would go and really it should have been axed ten years ago.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    The main reason it survives is probably because it's so cheap and about 2 million still watch it. However, its loss would hardly be mourned as most people see it as tired out and boring.

Originally it was a novelty to see mistakes being made because programmes were made to higher production values. Now there is so much being produced to fill all the broadcasting time that it is not as much a surprise to see mistakes made.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I love it, even if I have seen them before. That squirrel burping made me lol :D
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show just reminds of sitting in front of the telly utterly bored with my family. Have to change the channel as soon as I know it's coming on.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    It died a long time ago, and this Shooting Stars sketch sums it up perfectly:

http://youtu.be/08MldAXJgqQ

That was amazing!

'I did not want that to happen! That was unfortunate!' :D:D
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,129
    Forum Member
    YBF was only a success in its early days because there was nowhere else to see someone falling down or injuring themselves.

I don't see why ITV continue to flog a dead horse. They can put a new show there which would get double or even triple it's audience. There is better Saturday night entertainment nowadays in the form of X Factor, BGT, SNT, SCD and The Voice.

Give me an episode of new regular Family Fortunes any day, or even Splash.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    I'm watching this show now :o some of the clips I have not seen before :eek:

I do like Harry Hills reference to famous people look-a-like. There was a boy of about 4 years old and his dad but Harry said it was Tom Cruise and John Travolta :D:D:D:D:D

I know ... Simple things ......... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very occasionally something unusual will happen in a You've Been Framed video, but more likely you are going to see endless clips of (suspiciously staged looking) falling over, falling in water and falling off pushbikes. Easy money.

It was tired and dreary in the 1980s and I'm just amazed shows like this are still aired.