Tellymix: Leslie and Gary clash over fame

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
Forum Member
✭✭
Leslie Jordan and Gary Busey row again in tonight’s Celebrity Big Brother UK as the pair clash over fame.

In a new task, Leslie has to rate the other housemates in terms of fame and ranks Audley Harrison more famous than Gary.

Gary doesn’t take this news well and tells Leslie, “That’s wrong! I’m internationally famous!”

Leslie tries to explain why he voted Audley as most famous to Gary, who insists he’s not upset.

As he walks away, Leslie remarks “Oh my God, Gary Busey is a bufoon”

Later in the garden, Gary has a conversation…with himself. He says, “It’s just a game. You can’t take any of this serious and you’ve got to let it go. You don’t have to, but that’s a good thing to do.

“I got emotionally involved in some of the thoughts and opinions of Leslie. But they’re not my opinions or my thoughts, so why let it bother you?”

Meanwhile, in the Diary Room, Leslie tells Big Brother that Gary “pushes my buttons” and “he was deeply offended” by the earlier task.

He says that James has taught him to just say “you’re right” and walk away from discussions with Gary. He then goes on to say that everyone in the House is deserving of a space and he only chose Claire because she is the strongest.

But it wasn’t just Gary who was upset with the task results, as after being voted less intelligent than Frenchy, Stephanie remarks that she feels “ugly and stupid”

Elsewhere in tonight’s show, in the living area, some of the Housemates are being too loud for Gary who asks why English people are so loud when they talk.

James says, “Are you joking? American people are the loudest speaking people in the world!”

This annoys Gary who says that he wasn’t making a statement, only asking a question.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/194296-celebrity-big-brother-2014-leslie-jordan-gary-busey-clash-over-fame.html

Meanwhile other stuff on the show tonight:

- Gary and James row in yet another disagreement
- Who will save themselves, who will they have replace them? Who will be the 5th nominee?
- Speak of flirting.

Comments

• Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Thanks Salv.

All is rosey in the house I see ;-)
  • Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,915
    Forum Member
    Gary had a point to be fair.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show he is an arrogant idiot..

really dont get the support for him.
  • Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,915
    Forum Member

Are we talking about James Jordan?;-)
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary was right he is more well known than Audley and without doubt more known than the poison dwarf also.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to agree I am not a fan, can't even say I find his acting that good.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie is a goading, nasty little git. he no more thinks Audley is more famous than me,his deliberate provocation is just vile. He reeks, I repeat reeks of Jealousy.

He's bl**dy awful.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Gary was right he is more well known than Audley and without doubt more known than the poison dwarf also.

I think that's probably true if I look at it objectively. Personally, I didn't know who Gary Busey was until the rumours about him appearing on CBB started but I've known and watched Leslie on TV for 14 years. I would have recognised Audley's name before Gary's but neither by appearance.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Gary is always in the right.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary bores me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    Leslie is a goading, nasty little git. he no more thinks Audley is more famous than me...deliberate provocation. He's bl**dy awful.

Leslie can pick on Frenchy's frenchness, call her a **** and a ****. He can tell her to shut her mouth. He can slag anyone off, and he doesn't get criticised. Leslie just needs to hype up the campness, speak in his southern accent and look like a child, and then play the victim. He's been getting away with it, but for how long?
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's probably true if I look at it objectively. Personally, I didn't know who Gary Busey was until the rumours about him appearing on CBB started but I've known and watched Leslie on TV for 14 years. I would have recognised Audley's name before Gary's but neither by appearance.

You are obviously not a film fan. Takes all sorts. I don't watch boxing nor Will and Grace. But internationally Gary is most known.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On what shows:confused: Was Will & Grace on for 14 years, and the other horror show, surely hasn't been on all that long.:confused:
  • xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The poison dwarf takes every opportunity to try to put Gary Busey down. He doesn't succeed though ;)
    His jealousy would be obvious to a blind man, he knows full well that Gary is internationally famous for many movies & for charitable acts and he cannot bear it.

"Mai life is in danger"
    pmsl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poison dwarf takes every opportunity to try to put Gary Busey down. He doesn't succeed though ;)
    His jealousy would be obvious to a blind man, he knows full well that Gary is internationally famous for many movies & for charitable acts and he cannot bear it.

"Mai life is in danger"
    pmsl

His jealousy is palpable. He reeks of it.:p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member

"Mai life is in danger"
    pmsl

Beeg Brother, caen you ashyaw mee ah won't bee staebbed?

Leslie is crooked and spiteful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grayflower wrote: »
    Leslie can pick on Frenchy's frenchness, call her a **** and a ****. He can tell her to shut her mouth. He can slag anyone off, and he doesn't get criticised. Leslie just needs to hype up the campness, speak in his southern accent and look like a child, and then play the victim. He's been getting away with it, but for how long?

There you have it. The Truman Capote / Dill act is wearing "mighty thin mam";-)
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leslie is a goading, nasty little git. he no more thinks Audley is more famous than Gary, his deliberate provocation is just vile. He reeks, I repeat reeks of Jealousy.

He's bl**dy awful.

Isn't he just.

For once I really hope the crowd boo Leslie right out of the building.

:)
  • xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His jealousy is palpable. He reeks of it.:p:D

He's a vile little drama queen with a poison mouth. As someone else said he believes he should get away with saying whatever he chooses because he's short. Why should he? Short people can be arseholes too.
    I hope he get the proverbial boot sooner rather than later.

<spits>

;-) :D
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never heard the name Gary Busey before BB but have looked at his career on imdb and wiki and it's very impressive. Also, i haven't spoken to anybody about this year's cbb whi doesn't know who he is and who hasn't referred to him or his movies fondly.

I had heard of Audley Harrison in UK press, but just knew he was a boxer and that's that.

Who is more internationally famous? I'm none the wiser.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member

Other way round with me. I have seen a few Gary Busey films over the years, and really liked The Buddy Holly Story but I had never heard of Leslie or Audley (I hate boxing) before they arrived at BB house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf, Gary is an oscar nominated actor, won a bafta, renowned for action movies- Audley has a hell of a lot to his name too, they're both the most famous in there and have worked for it but the entertainment industry is more focused on than the sports which would make Gary more famous in my view. What I have a problem with here is that I highly doubt Leslie is more familiar with Audley's career than Gary's when him and Gary are both American actors- Busey had a hell of a name in his day and Leslie's not too young to know that and Leslie really doesn't seem the sort to appreciate boxing. That's the bit I don't get and makes me think Leslie's just putting Gary lower purely because he doesn't like him.

EDIT: Added the "which would make Gary more famous in my view" in the first bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Leslie knew who Gary was, but did he know of Audley? I doubt it very much.
    I'm a boxing fan, and there is no comparison, Gary is more known. :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are obviously not a film fan. Takes all sorts. I don't watch boxing nor Will and Grace. But internationally Gary is most known.

I did agree with that view in my very first sentence.
    On what shows:confused: Was Will & Grace on for 14 years, and the other horror show, surely hasn't been on all that long.:confused:

It has. It was first aired in 1998 in the US and not long after in the UK. I don't think Leslie was in it until 2001 but he was briefly in Sabrina The Teenage Witch before that, in 2000.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gary, but complaining with "I'm internationally famous" does sound a little arrogant. I guarantee that, had a less popular housemate said this, the forum response wouldn't have been as agreeable.

I do agree that Gary is more famous than Audley (even though I only heard of Gary through Celebrity Apprentice, personally), but housemates annoy me when they start moaning about their placings in these tasks, even ones I like.