Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow some people have meet a lot of celebrity’s, so many it's like their lying about meeting all of them!!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Paul Robinson the footballer (ex Spurs, current Blackburn keeper) at the 02 in November last year, and he was really nice. Being a Spurs fan, that was a big deal. I just got back from Vegas on holiday, and we went to see the magicians Penn and Teller at the Rio, and we met them afterwards, and they were awesome. They even picked me for one of their tricks during the show.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Ewan McGregor at my former place of work years ago, along with his brother. He was really non-descript and very shy, but polite. His brother was very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Met Jacqueline Wilson when I was about 10, queued for 5 hrs and she was really nice and she signed my book for me 'Midnight'.
    Saw Keith Duffy in Manchester one night but didn't approach him, he was with a few friends and was probably expecting not to be seen but a concert had just finished at the Lowry and people were crowding towards the mall just as he was coming out. This I regret - he was right next to me and 100% more gorgeous than on television (when he was ciaran in corrie). I saw him about a year ago. I knew if I asked him for a autograph he would have been signing plenty more so I just left it, he probs gets fed up of it. I would have loved a picture too but again this would have attracted attention and it probs wouldn't have been good anyway since it was dark & only had a phone camera. Still regret it though.
    I've seen the girl who played Michaela in Hollyoaks a few months ago, but again didn't approach her. She seemed nice though.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Una Healy from The Saturdays a few times before she was famous a few years ago.
    She lived in Thurles, which is about 10 minutes away from me, and she was good friends with my auntie Una who was in her year at school.
    She stayed at my Grannys house with Una a few nights that I was , and one night I remember she did my makeup and my hair for a disco i was going to when i was about 13...
    She was apsolutly lovely and was as gorgeous as she is now :) .
    And her Dad is my local doctor so when I go in i get a update on what Una is up to :D

Thats awesome, met The Saturdays a few times, Una is always very pleasant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be_deej wrote: »
    To add to my previous post when Cher arrived at Radio 1 I put my hand out for her to touch and instead of just touching it or walking straight past she held it for a few seconds whilst looking at me saying something like "I'll be back out". I'm a huge fan of Cher so to have her holding my hand and looking right at me I probably looked like this :eek:

:D

Did it feel plastic-y? :)
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of met Brad Pitt way back in his earlier days. Well I was among a droup of about 12 people who surrounded him after spotting him in our town during filming here.Four or five girls were all over him like a rash and the rest of us were just friendly (as in standing with stupid grins drooling:o) and he was really patient and very friendly despite being basically mauled. Also had a similar experience with Daniel Day Lewis and he was friendly too ,but more reserved than Pitt and a bit more intense. I met George Best too when we were in Manchester many years ago and he was a dream,friendly and jokey and full of life.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it feel plastic-y? :)

I think the Cher the poster is referring to is Cher Lloyd not the legendary American popstar.
  • Miss_SMiss_S Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work on the check-in desk at an airport many years ago so I have been fortunate enough to meet many celebrities.

The rudest is a toss-up between Jo Brand and Sharleen Spiteri.

One of the nicest and surprisingly quiet ones was Noel Gallagher:)
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_S wrote: »
    I used to work on the check-in desk at an airport many years ago so I have been fortunate enough to meet many celebrities.

The rudest is a toss-up between Jo Brand and Sharleen Spiteri.

One of the nicest and surprisingly quiet ones was Noel Gallagher:)

Why was Jo rude? I always got the impression she'd be down to earth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    After years of 'lurking' around the DS forums i had to join to comment on this thread!

Most of the celebs ive met are footballers. I swear i wasnt stalking them!

David Beckham was brilliant, so sweet and friendly, really smiley. Fergie was a tosser. Rude and arrogant.

On a night out and had the pleasure of meeting half the Middlesbrough squad. Most of them were lovely. Adam Johnson is a sweetheart. Jonathan Woodgate and Stuart Downing are dicks. JW was wasted, held up a £50 note and burnt it in the pub saying 'i bet none of you can do this'. He was trying to get into my friend too (he was seeing Kate Lawler at the time) and actually used the words 'dont you know who i am'. She didnt have a clue. So i said to him that i knew who he was, he looked pleased with himself until i followed it up with 'you are supposed to be a footballer but you spend more time with the physio's'. He walked over to the bouncers and said something. Seconds later they came over to me and asked me to leave the premises. So me and my mates left. Needless to say i havent been back in there since. Oh and it wasnt christmas but SD seemed to have some snow :rolleyes:

I literally bumped into Adam Johnson on a different night out and he spilled my drink, down my white dress (was drinking rose wine). He was really appologetic and insisted on buying me a new drink, so bought me a bottle of wine. A few weeks later i saw him again and he said hello and appologised again. I offered to buy him a drink and he had pepsi! Good boy.

A hotel i worked at used to get the footballers in if they were playing away to Boro. I have to say John Terry is the nicest guy ever. I'm hardly a lingere model so he wasnt trying it on! I was surprised at how shy Ashley Cole is.

Also know Gary Palister through my mum. Dumb as a box of rocks but nice!

The person who shocked me the most was Anthony Cotton. Woah, what a bitter old queen he is. No excuse for his behaviour at all, strutting around a club like he owned the place. Such a diva. I think he was pissed off that no one wanted to give him any attention.

I also worked in a nightclub that used to book 'celebrities', and i use the term loosely. I think the worst there was Nikki Graham (BB) The nicest was actually Imogen Thomas.
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    ok, I wasn't going to add this but I will. I don't know his name but he was a cop in Home & Away back in the late 80's,-early 90's (when Dannii Minigue was in it) he had dark hair and alot of girls liked him.

I saw him walking through Basingstoke Town Centre and I recognised him being an occasional viewer of H&A but as the gf I was with was an avid viewer and had a soft spot for him I pointed him out but she didn;t even look and laughed saying: "What would someone from H&A be doing walking through Basingstoke?" She had a point.

A few weeks later we were back in Basingstoke and as we got off the train she stood on the platform, with a look of shock. There was a poster for a panto and guess who was appearing in it? :cool:
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Sian Llyold, a lovelly lady with a fab sense of humour.
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here ever asked a celebrirty out? It must be tempting when you meet someone that you think is hot as the chances of meeting them again are slim.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bald1 wrote: »
    ok, I wasn't going to add this but I will. I don't know his name but he was a cop in Home & Away back in the late 80's,-early 90's (when Dannii Minigue was in it) he had dark hair and alot of girls liked him.

I saw him walking through Basingstoke Town Centre and I recognised him being an occasional viewer of H&A but as the gf I was with was an avid viewer and had a soft spot for him I pointed him out but she didn;t even look and laughed saying: "What would someone from H&A be doing walking through Basingstoke?" She had a point.

A few weeks later we were back in Basingstoke and as we got off the train she stood on the platform, with a look of shock. There was a poster for a panto and guess who was appearing in it? :cool:

Yeah, I know who you're talking about.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    browncoat wrote: »
    The most friendly would include:- Alyson Hannigan, Amber Benson, Chris Evans, Eddie Guerrero, Eddie Izzard, James Marsters, Jason Mewes, Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Leigh Francis, Summer Glau and Tony Head.

I used to be a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, glad to hear the actors are nice. Don't know why, maybe it's just because she plays a kind of stuck up character, but I always thought Charisma Carpenter might be a bit that way in real life too. Beautiful woman, though.

James Marsters *dies* ..so jealous, I've had a crush on him for ages. Only seen interviews on tv and such, so it's hard to tell what he's like in person.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The minor celebrity George Lamb came into the studio where I work. He came across as haughty and arrogant.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bald1 wrote: »

Bet you said '' oh yes he is'' panto style:D
    Seriously now did you book tickets to see him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    The minor celebrity George Lamb came into the studio where I work. He came across as haughty and arrogant.

Like father like son then eh? :D
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie was a tosser. Rude and arrogant.

That's probably the first time I've heard something negative about Sir Alex, I've always heard that he's down-to-earth and will have an in-depth football conversation with just about anyone.

I've never met a footballer, but my brother-in-law used to know Ashley Young fairly well as they lived in the same street in Stevenage. One time a few years back when Ashley was at Aston Villa, Dan drove past him so decided to turn round so he could introduce Ashley to my nephew. Ashley spoke to him and promised to get him a signed picture.

So that was all forgotten about until a few months later, when my sister was shopping, she walked past Ashley's mum who came charging over to her and after talking a little, ran to her car, and she came back a few minutes later with the signed picture for my nephew from Ashley, my sister won't hear a bad word about him now!

Also, a few months back my brother was at work in his shop when loads of security-types came rushing over, placed a small table on the floor directly outside his shop and then came over with some sort of trophy. He took a picture on his phone and sent it to me asking; "Do you recognise what cup this is?" It was the FA Cup, and he was within touching distance of it! Then Garth Crooks and Dan Walker came round the corner with a camera crew and started recording a piece for Football Focus right outside the shop door! He had Crooks chatting away to him, and they even asked if he followed Stevenage in the football for an on-air interview (they were to play Newcastle United that weekend in the FA Cup) but he declined. The sod hates football as well, jammy git!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hugh Laurie, set of Maybe Baby - Awesome, great with the extras (Ben Elton same)
    Stephen Fry, at some event - Effortlessly funny, despite being swamped with photo requests from teenagers
    Louie Spence - Flippant
    Ronnie O'Sullivan - Seemed genuinely nice, signed autographs
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoohDah wrote: »
    Oh what happened with Stephen Mulhern? I kinda thought he would be quite friendly.

I second this, I met him once and he was really friendly and polite.
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my dad was on a train with pixie lott when she first sort of emerged, so last year maybe? anyway, she was sat on the phone talking really loudly about photoshoots and single releases and basically trying to get people to notice her. but then again, she was just getting famous so i suppose it must still be new and exciting so can't really hold it against her!

My sister's friend met Pixie Lott a press event and her and her collegue described her as "attention-seeking" and said she had no time for fans.
  • Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Lovely celebs
    Johnnie Walker (Absolute charmer and signed autographs even for people without books) , The Hairy Bikers (Great guys) , John Suchet (Lovely bloke) plus others who will come to me in time for me to add.

Only 2 horrors I can remember who were Non-entity Dan Bryan (BB5) who was at Soccer Six at Villa Park in 2005 and thought he owned the place and secondly Paddy McGuinness who at the same event signed about 10 autographs and then decided he couldn't be arsed to sign the rest of the line of people's books and programmes , gave some feeble excuse and went back to playing football (badly).
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    pmw_hewitt wrote: »
    That's probably the first time I've heard something negative about Sir Alex, I've always heard that he's down-to-earth and will have an in-depth football conversation with just about anyone.

I've never met a footballer, but my brother-in-law used to know Ashley Young fairly well as they lived in the same street in Stevenage. One time a few years back when Ashley was at Aston Villa, Dan drove past him so decided to turn round so he could introduce Ashley to my nephew. Ashley spoke to him and promised to get him a signed picture.

So that was all forgotten about until a few months later, when my sister was shopping, she walked past Ashley's mum who came charging over to her and after talking a little, ran to her car, and she came back a few minutes later with the signed picture for my nephew from Ashley, my sister won't hear a bad word about him now!

Also, a few months back my brother was at work in his shop when loads of security-types came rushing over, placed a small table on the floor directly outside his shop and then came over with some sort of trophy. He took a picture on his phone and sent it to me asking; "Do you recognise what cup this is?" It was the FA Cup, and he was within touching distance of it! Then Garth Crooks and Dan Walker came round the corner with a camera crew and started recording a piece for Football Focus right outside the shop door! He had Crooks chatting away to him, and they even asked if he followed Stevenage in the football for an on-air interview (they were to play Newcastle United that weekend in the FA Cup) but he declined. The sod hates football as well, jammy git!

I live in Stevenage and I met Ashley young's dad the other day. Was stood behind him in a petrol station for about 15 minutes listening to him chat to a mate... after about 5 minutes i worked out who he was and said hello. Told him his son should have come to Liverpool instead of Man Utd! He found that quite funny. Nice fella. I know he's not a celebrity, but never mind. :D