Amy and Rory's story ending?

Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think its possible that Amy and Rory's story will end at the end of the 6th series later this year? After everything that happened either they dont want to risk anything like that happening again or they die??

I strongly feel that River's story may continue but Rory and Amy wont there any longer and there will instead be a new companion in the next series :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, highly likely this will be their last series as regular companions.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    I would be surprised if they were in S7, companions generally only last 2 series.
  • hodgeheghodgeheg Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I'm expecting them to be sent off somewhere to look after a young River.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I think the good man River kills will be her father anyway. And after that, I cant see Amy being involved any longer.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the good man River kills will be her father anyway. And after that, I can see Amy not being involved any longer.

I'm wondering whether this idea that she kills a man is not as literal as that. Perhaps she is merely the cause of his death? We can see both potential 'good men' will lay down their lives for Melody. Perhaps the Stormcage is to keep her safe so he won't have to?
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the good man River kills will be her father anyway. And after that, I can see Amy not being involved any longer.

That seems most likely to be aswell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they will get a fairytale ending, going off into the sunset to be a normal family and raise Melody.

However think that Melody will be next seasons companion, only whenever she is 21ish or around that age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I think it would be awesome if they make a young River (different actress) the new companion. That way he can keep the same companion indefinitely. If the actress wants to leave the show then replacing her would be just like replacing the Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I was actually thinking that when watching last night's episode today. They don't have much of a story left. And I think that applies to River as well? Her big reveal has happened so I'm not sure what else Moffat will do with her. That said, I really do like River!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    steveleeee wrote: »
    I was actually thinking that when watching last night's episode today. They don't have much of a story left. And I think that applies to River as well? Her big reveal has happened so I'm not sure what else Moffat will do with her. That said, I really do like River!
    He cant do anything with her, we know when she dies.

For what its worth, I cant see how River could be a companion for an extended period of time without messing up their 'situation' of going in opposite time paths.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Medan74 wrote: »
    I agree. I think it would be awesome if they make a young River (different actress) the new companion.
    I would disagree there. The reason why River's character is so popular is because Alex Kingston portrays her so well. Replacing Kingston would mean we have to get used to a brand new actress playing a role which Kingston does so bloody well!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to ditch that baby so will the parents go with her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveleeee wrote: »
    I would disagree there. The reason why River's character is so popular is because Alex Kingston portrays her so well. Replacing Kingston would mean we have to get used to a brand new actress playing a role which Kingston does so bloody well!

People never like a new Doctor right away either. As much as I like Kingston if you have a younger, say 20 y/o, version of River there isn't much of a chance that 48 y/o Kingston can pull it off.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money is on this series being the last for them. They've gone as far as they can go with the Ponds, and as much as I love the trio as it is to keep it fresh they are going be replaced. Probably by some sexy blonde with big tittays. :D
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    This song is ending, but the story will never end.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Good riddance imo - I didn't really mind them too much, especially Rory used to be nice guy around (the nurse guy, not the warrior guy), but the way their story has been going, I won't be too sad to see the back of them tbh.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    This song is ending, but the story will never end.;)

Everytime I hear that line I want to vomit. It reminds me exactly why I was over the moon RTD was leaving (and Tennant for that matter).
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I've liked Amy and moreso RORY in this past couple of series. But I think this whole storyline is all about THEM (and Baby Melody/River). So I will be happy to see them go at the end of the series....with a happy ending!
    Then let's start afresh with a totally NEW companion(s) for series 7. I wouldn't object to River popping in and out now and again, but let's get back to a bit of 'normal' Who.(I've had enough of these EXTRA-LONG arcs TBH - two whole series!! It used to be just for a few stories before!)
    Captain Jack would sort them out!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what im thinking though is that the public may get "change fatigue"

much in the same way that tennants doctor was fed up of coming and going in peoples lives, and getting them killed

i think its going to be harder and harder to keep the public interested with the constantly changing companions

especially if
    rory dies, making amy want to leave with her baby
    , itll be another example of him going into someones life and wrecking it.

and then hell get another companion, wreck their life and they leave.

things may be suprising throughout the series but if the same theme is repeated over and over again people will get bored.
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matt smith said that karen will 'probably go off to do movies in hollywood next year'. which is a pretty big hint that she has left the show.
    also my friend saw karen in selfridges a couple of months ago, and karen said to her that she had 'really enjoyed her time on the show'. make of that what you will..
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    Do you think its possible that Amy and Rory's story will end at the end of the 6th series later this year? After everything that happened either they dont want to risk anything like that happening again or they die??

I strongly feel that River's story may continue but Rory and Amy wont there any longer and there will instead be a new companion in the next series :confused:

I hope not :cry:
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Medan74 wrote: »
    I agree. I think it would be awesome if they make a young River (different actress) the new companion. That way he can keep the same companion indefinitely. If the actress wants to leave the show then replacing her would be just like replacing the Doctor.

This is actually what I was thinking will happen. I can see Amy and Rory leaving at the end of this series and Series 7's main companion being a young River Song in an earlier regeneration.

Though I don't actually want Amy and Rory to leave. I would like an additional year with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i liked the fact that the companions are a couple which avoids the whole "falling in love with the doctor" storyline

if there is a new companion ild rather it wasnt another young girl. considering hes an asexual being he seems to be fortunate in picking young hot ladies to hang around with.

i think it would be cool to have a series with a team of 3 companions. I like it when theres river, amy and rory all bouncing off each other.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it when theres river, amy and rory all bouncing off each other.

Very kinky, now that we know River is their daughter. :o;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see another older female companion, without the flirty stuff that happens between 11 and River. An intelligent woman who would talk down to him, not realising how clever, old, wise he is.