Options

Amy and Rory and miracle day

fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
Forum Member
What will happen when Amy and Rory go home because miracle day was quite big you would talk about it.
Down the pub:
"Hi Ponds long time no see"
"Hi how are you"
"im ok but Tim got burnt in the ovens"
"the what?"
"you know the ovens. when every one was Immortal"
"What the hell did we miss doctor?"

and what about Donna
"yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wwwwwwwwwwooooooooottttttttttttt no one could die what are you on about Nerys"

and why did Mr Smith do bugger all again like children of earth.

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many threads does this have to be said in.

Amy and Rory were on Earth for Miracle Day (the first month or so of it anyway).
    Miracle Day started in March 2011, at which point Amy and Rory were at home waiting for the Doctor to contact them.

Yeah you do wonder what Donna thought of the whole thing though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I was going to post a thread on this, because I think this is a pretty big thing. Obviously, Doctor Who and Torchwood have happened in the same universe with occasional crossover, and until now they've been pretty good continuity-wise. I think they should address it, because otherwise they're going to encounter problems in the future. Of course they could just sort it all out by having another crack or something. Or turning back time again.
  • Options
    fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    sorry i mised it can it be moved.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »

Amy and Rory were on Earth for Miracle Day (the first month or so of it anyway).
    Miracle Day started in March 2011, at which point Amy and Rory were at home waiting for the Doctor to contact them.

Yeah you do wonder what Donna thought of the whole thing though.

But if Amy and Rory where on Earth during miracle day surely they would have told the Doctor and knowing the Doctor he would want to get involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    The Doctor does not approve of Torchwood so would stay out of their way during it.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    But if Amy and Rory where on Earth during miracle day surely they would have told the Doctor and knowing the Doctor he would want to get involved.

Presumably the fact they then suddenly witnessed the Doctor's death took their minds off it a bit!
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was timey-wimey and spacey-wacey, hence the Pond's not noticing Miracle Day whilst on Earth. It's all very complex, but relates to when you fold an eleventh-dimensional matrix back on itself and well, it all makes sense if you're a Time Lord and have an IQ starting in the thousands.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recon by the end of miracle day everything will be resolved, maybe everything will go back to the beginning

Now to me, it looks like a second jack appears, so maybe he has used is manipulator, and managd to travel in time, could he use it to take everything back to what it was before
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, here is a link for jpeg proof that it seems to me, at least, that TW and DW no longer take place in the same continuity.. It contains a VERY minor spoiler that I will tag properly, so if you want to know absolutely NOTHING about MD ep 10 (this is from the first ten seconds), then do not click the link or the spoiler.
    The beginning of Ep 10 says "Two months later." From an earlier episode here is an article which shows a close up of a text message from Rex dating it as Mar '11.

http://feelinglistless.blogspot.com/2011/09/doctor-couldnt-die-when-hes-supposed-to.html

This means that The Doctor's death in April '11 in TIA happened DURING Miracle Day. So this means that at least TWO versions of the Doctor ignored MD and that any previous statements about the Doctor being half-human are false (humans cant die, or get killed by astronauts) or it means that TW has now entered its own continuity independent of DW.