The Tardis Translator -

2»

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless of course the purposes of good diplomacy all the aliens speak english when addressing Federation personnel... no I didn't think so either. :D

With the TARDIS though we know it gets inside your brain and tricks you I suppose into thinking aliens are speaking English. Why it doesnt' work for Judoon though like others have said is is anyones guess. :D

We just got to appreciate that the TARDIS and Enteprise Universal Translator does it's job and get lost in the illusion of it. That's always easier lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the TARDIS is a Cyborg (Its part of the Doctor and its got robotic parts in it so it counts as a cyborg :p) with no sense of humour (like the daleks. Apart from in conversations with Harriet Jones. :D)

Why would having some artificial parts prevent an organism from having a sense of humour? I'm sure the future contains cyborg comedians (and if not why not?) :D

Being a completely alien creature might mean it has very different ideas of what is funny and what isn't, of course, but having spent a lot of time around talkative bipeds it may have picked up a thing or two :p

Personally I rather like the idea that the Tardis has a sense of humour, it's put up with the Doctor and friends for a long time, I'd hope it finds them entertaining! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would having some artificial parts prevent an organism from having a sense of humour? I'm sure the future contains cyborg comedians (and if not why not?) :D

Being a completely alien creature might mean it has very different ideas of what is funny and what isn't, of course, but having spent a lot of time around talkative bipeds it may have picked up a thing or two :p

Personally I rather like the idea that the Tardis has a sense of humour, it's put up with the Doctor and friends for a long time, I'd hope it finds them entertaining! :D

Lol. [space fill.]