Options

Extant (UK)

Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Repeat showing of the first episode very shortly (8pm) on SyFy. I'm going to record it.

"Extant is an American science fiction television drama series created by Mickey Fisher and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. The story revolves around astronaut Molly Woods (Halle Berry) who returns home to her family inexplicably pregnant after 13 months in outer space on a solo mission".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extant_%28TV_series%29

Comments

• Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I watched it on Amazon Prime last year. It could have been worse.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    And it could have been better.

Interesting that Syfy are broadcasting it with a much more filmic look than the hard high def video look that Amazon went with.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even finish the season last year. Too boring :(
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I'n torn between Extant and Under the Dome for the title of worst SF show of 2014. Pretty terrible stuff.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MacBurp wrote: »
    I'n torn between Extant and Under the Dome for the title of worst SF show of 2014. Pretty terrible stuff.

Ah, Under the Dome, lol :D

I actually got a strange enjoyment out of that, purely because it was *so bad*.

Extant, however, wasn't even "so bad it's enjoyable", it was just "bad and boring".
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    it was good, not great, will continue watching,
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and it got me interested in watching the rest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It slows towards the middle but i'd stick with it cause I thought the ending was pretty good and worth sitting through a few boring episodes
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacBurp wrote: »

No "The Last Ship"? I suppose its not really SciFi.:D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it at the start but as the plot deepened, i didn't really like how it developed. It would of worked as a one off season, but they are dragging it out for a second season to air this summer. Much like Under the dome, these type of shows have a plot that limits how much story telling can be told and then they became tedious and continue for the sake of it.

Halle Berry did remind me what a simply average actress she is. She never gives any oomf or layers to any of her performances, but she isn't wooden or limp. She plays a role that any actress could simply have played.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I love both this and under the dome
    I think Halle berry is an awesome actress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    interesting that another astronaut has seen someone on the space station who shouldn't be there, im sure the robots will be involved with it somehow, that robot kid is creepy
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give it another episode but I haven't been grabbed by it yet, also not being a fan of Halle Berry isn't helping.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I like Halle Berry who along with the boy is the best thing about this. But not convinced by the complex conspiracy style plot.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    But not convinced by the complex conspiracy style plot.
    Me neither. Again, it seems to me to be one of those shows where they're going to drag it out for as long as they can and it'll be cancelled before it's all explained.

Why can't they just do a nice, 13-or-so episode series of one plot that's done with when the final episode credits roll? (Probably not enough money in it!)

I think the last thing I saw Halle Berry in was Swordfish many years ago; and she hasn't changed a bit! :o:)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the 2nd season has had a complete rewrite and will very different to 1. I quite enjoyed season 1 and looking forward to the 2nd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    still watching, strange that bloke that was with her on the space station turned up at the party (well a hallucination did i reckon), if she knew he was dead why was she acting like he was still alive, dunno i find this show confusing.

am loving those futuristic smartphones
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    I gave up during tonight's episode. Just too damned slow for me.
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still watching, strange that bloke that was with her on the space station turned up at the party (well a hallucination did i reckon), if she knew he was dead why was she acting like he was still alive, dunno i find this show confusing.

am loving those futuristic smartphones

Wasn't he the guys brother?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    F2kSel wrote: »
    Wasn't he the guys brother?

he could be, i may need to rewatch when i get the chance,

as i said, im finding this show confusing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyone still watching, lol i watched the lat episode, so so, i may have been pahying attention but why did they kidnap the robot kid
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uh oh
    mess up with the picture
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    uh oh
    mess up with the picture

same here using Virgin - I wonder if they will be able to sort it out by the repeat tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    uh oh
    mess up with the picture

recorded it with Sky and the picture is messed up
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what way is it messed up? Recorded last night due to work but not watched it yet, sounds like I'd better catch one of the repeats then?

Edit: Just looked at the recording and see what you mean, I have the picture squashed into the top half of the screen.