Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the Ood could be a companion for the specials :D
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessicaL wrote: »
    Oh I missed that RTD had said that so thanks :) so one character as you say could be the Doctor -but it's a given that he will be the centre of attention really so probably someone as well as him.

Ood Sigma will follow the Doctor in the specials maybe with cameos till a bigger role in the last special ?

Yep thats my guess :)-everyone will think he's a watcher/herald of doom type character if he's in the first few specials ..but I don't think it will be that at all if thats what happens.I think if he's the linked character he'll be of significance with a big role in the specials finale -not just a dark follower of Ten ..

Or could be we'll get sightings of the Master leading to his return ..

Loving your theories :)
    I love the idea of Ood Sigma being the Tenth Doctor's "Watcher", and come to think of it he is the only character who has hinted that he knows anything of the Doctor's future (save River Song who cheated by actually knowing him in the future). The Master turning up is a thumbs-up from me too
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loving your theories :)
    I love the idea of Ood Sigma being the Tenth Doctor's "Watcher", and come to think of it he is the only character who has hinted that he knows anything of the Doctor's future (save River Song who cheated by actually knowing him in the future). The Master turning up is a thumbs-up from me too
    I don't think Ood Sigma will be a Watcher at all-(if he is the character RTD speaks of ..) :)-i'm thinking more of Rose in series 4 -like Rose was the Ood trying to reach the Doctor for a reason that leads to a proper story ..

If you're picturing Ood Sigma suddenly appearing just to say again that the song will end and leaving again after speaking with Ten that would be weak really don't you think :)-Russell will want more than that for his last adventure on the show I think ..more than that for David and Ten and his creation the Ood.

I think the Ood will have a much more significant role than ghostly,dark cameos in the specials.I hope so anyway I really like them :).

What i'm most concerned about is RTD's and JG's comment on the adventure calendar at Christmas that fans would be rewarded in the last special ...I so hope the last story will be for everyone."Who fans rewarded" rings alarm bells ...so hope whatever they meant it's something for the millions of viewers not the clan of internet forumers ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh missed this on the Den of Geek site till now
    http://www.denofgeek.com/television/213395/doctor_who_special_no_2_at_christmas.html

what does "loving portrait of Doctor Who fandom." mean? -sounds a possible comic character :D.I hope Planet of the dead is fun I want to see Ten smiling :).
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh missed this on the Den of Geek site till now
    http://www.denofgeek.com/television/213395/doctor_who_special_no_2_at_christmas.html

what does "loving portrait of Doctor Who fandom." mean? -sounds a possible comic character :D.I hope Planet of the dead is fun I want to see Ten smiling :).

It's Lee Evans character; a UNIT scientist who's a fan of the Doctor's adventures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    It's Lee Evans character; a UNIT scientist who's a fan of the Doctor's adventures.

Aww sounds cute -thanks :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some nice filming pics in this feature here no new info or scenes pictured though :).I love the Doctor's face in that second pic -we are going to see angry Doctor in Planet of the dead I think :D.I can't wait to see the desert scenes :D.

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/galleries/doctor-who-behind-the-scenes/01/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the bus is back :D wonder was there some last minute filming .. :)

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the bus is back :D wonder was there some last minute filming .. :)

Oh i love that 45 years and beyond tribute:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read some of the comments here, I'm amazed that no one has put forward the theory that
    Ood Sigma
    might actually be
    The Master!
    :confused:

Or have I just missed that post :o
    Who says a Time Lord can only regenerate into a human-like being, and if that isn't the case would the Chameleon Arc not turn said Time Lord into a FULL being of that species?
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read some of the comments here, I'm amazed that no one has put forward the theory that
    Ood Sigma
    might actually be
    The Master!

Who says a Time Lord can only regenerate into a human-like being, and if that isn't the case would the Chameleon Arc not turn said Time Lord into a FULL being of that species?
    Just a thought.
    I'd been thinking along the lines of Ood Sigma is linked to the Master myself ...but not at all thinking he might actually be Ood Sigma.:eek:

If he does turn out to be might see a reveal to John Simm to close the Christmas Day special -personally I hope we see more of the brilliant Tennant/Simm combination than just the last hour though ..

I do think there will be more to Ood Sigma's return than just a dark following cameo-but that he's the Master not so sure simply because I think they'll bring John Simm back for more than one special. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ood Sigma
    might actually be
    The Master!

Just a thought.

Although personally I don't think that is likely....because well to put it nicely its a little wierd to think about....
    Ood Sigma regenerating back to the Master....will he suck in those tendrils????:eek:

But at least thank God you didn't say
    Sigma is the Rani....

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some pics from SFX Magazine this month added to
    Life, Doctor Who & Combom :)

I'm loving 4,5 &6 and great to see Malcolm :D.. would have liked a smile from our lovely timelord though ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to sonicbiro for the link :)

More PotD promo pics at dwdaily on LiveJournal CAUTION - May Contain Spoilers!

Stunning pics how brilliant do David and Michelle look :D.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHRISTINA: "That Lordship of yours....the Lord of where, exactly?"
    THE DOCTOR: "Of Time. I come from a race of people called Time Lords."
    CHRISTINA: "You're an alien? You look Human."
    THE DOCTOR: "You look Time Lord."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer is now up on Youtube, search for "Doctor Who - Planet of the Dead trailer 01" and you'll find it :)
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Why wrote: »
    Trailer is now up on Youtube, search for "Doctor Who - Planet of the Dead trailer 01" and you'll find it :)

Another April Fool no doubt!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Another April Fool no doubt!

It seriously aint Wizzy , see this thread and enjoy!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1011676
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    CHRISTINA: "That Lordship of yours....the Lord of where, exactly?"
    THE DOCTOR: "Of Time. I come from a race of people called Time Lords."
    CHRISTINA: "You're an alien? You look Human."
    THE DOCTOR: "You look Time Lord."

Oh is this from the new DW magazine -won't be able to get my copy for another week yet ..

Interesting -what does Ten mean there ..not long till we find out :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seriously aint Wizzy , see this thread and enjoy!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1011676

Yep definitely on YT.....saw it with my own eyes!!!:D