Pregnancy question

2»

Comments

• j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP I'm no biologist but if you did ovulate then would you not be due a period? In which case I wouldn't rule anything out until then. It is afterall only 2 weeks since you think you ovulated so thursday would have been pretty early and today may still not pick anything up. Did you test a strong morning wee?

Exactly! Don't give up hope until you get a period x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand that ovulation tests can be unreliable for women with PCOS and I was told not to use them. I didn't ovulate for over a year and had no period during this time. I found losing weight and eating a healthy, balanced diet really helped get my fertility back on track and when my periods came back I had 4 normal monthly cycles before falling pregnant.

I also think its a good idea to stop trying. Just enjoy having regular sex and you never know what might happen.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP I'm no biologist but if you did ovulate then would you not be due a period?

Oo good point ... in theory we ovulate 14 days before our period so it's still a possibility ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, on a 29 day cycle, (which is what I seemed to have gone to), I should have come on on Sunday, but I haven't. I did do another test this morning, which was negative. It was one of the really early ones, so I guess not... If I did get pregnant when I thought I had, I would be 2 and a half weeks gone, so it would be picked up on with the early tests... :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for all your lovely thoughts though; you have all been great. It means alot to know you've all been on my side! :)
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    The ovulation is a good sign and much increases the likelihood of success at IVF in the New Year. You also know which date to look out for next month. Remember sperm can live quite a few days so you'll want to be practising a week ahead of the date you expect to ovulate again. Take it easy and be as healthy as you can over Christmas. Best of luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said in my earlier post, ovulation testing kits can be unreliable for women with PCOS. More info here: http://www.womens-health.co.uk/ovulation-kits-pcos.html

Its possible that although you got a positive result, you may not actually have ovulated hence why you haven't had a period yet. Or maybe you have and are on a longer cycle than you thought.