Shirlena Johnson

intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
I heard Shirlena Johnson (the one who sang Mercy and got dropped from the show because of her mental health) got all the way to Judges Houses? Is this true, and do you think if the stories hadn't come out she would have gotten through to lives!?

Comments

• jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    She didn't make it through - there was undisclosed mental health issues that Shirlena had, and production was worried she was emotionally unstable.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did get to judge's houses, yes. If you watch the boot camp / judges houses episodes, Elesha Moses (woman with the teddy) was rejected at bootcamp, but then suddenly at judges houses.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. We saw a clip of Elesha saying that she was called back but no mention of why! As Shirlena was in Louis' category, we probably wouldn't have been subjected to Wagner if she'd stayed. One crazy character is enough!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was bloody awful
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Well i personally loved her!

Do you think they will ever release her boot camp and judges houses audition online or on a christmas special tape or something?? :)
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screwball.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirlena's first audition might just be my favourite ever on The X Factor! However, I wouldn't want to see any more from her. In The Sun's videos of her, recorded after her exit, she tries too hard to be "crazy" and recreate that first time.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She lives locally to me, seen her once and my friend shouted "MERCY!" and she turned back and smiled :D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Her audition started out as amusing and dreadful but as it progressed it became disturbingly clear that the woman had a major problem.