Speeding NIP - 14 day rule

2»

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also get a list of common mobile camera sites from various places, maybe somewhere like this,

http://www.sussexsaferroads.gov.uk/download/cat_view/499-safety-camera-data/502-safety-cameras-in-brighton-a-hove.html
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    briancbb wrote: »
    You could have a bigger problem if you name someone and your insurance does not cover them.

Unless theirs does.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    briancbb wrote: »
    If you let someone else drive the car, were they insured to do so? You could have a bigger problem if you name someone and your insurance does not cover them.
    Fortunately neither I nor the other drivers are complete numpties.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I live near the A259, which bit was it?
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no fixed or mobile speed cameras here in Wiltshire, so thats one advantage to living here.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie147 wrote: »
    I live near the A259, which bit was it?
    Near Brighton Marina, I was driving east in the Newhaven direction. The fixed camera is just before the roundabout by St Dunstans. For a short space the road is dual carriageway with a 50 mph limit.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    The really annoying thing is that I let my brother and a friend take it for a drive, it could have been either one of them and not me!
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Then unless you can get either of them to confess, you will take the hit.

that is really not the law. the registered keeper doesn't have to prove who was driving beyond all reasonable doubt. they just have to give the police their name.