Options

Caroline- can't stand her

Comments

• Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all, I just don't like the age difference when one is so young. I'm not a prude, I just imagine if it was my son, or daughter for that matter.

When my son was 15 he was in a relationship with an 18 year old. He's now a 30 year old English teacher who's been in a relationship with a woman 10 years older than himself for the past 11 years, and they have an 18 month old son and another due in February.

I can go beyond imagination and testify to the excellent friendship I had and have with both his girlfriends, safe in the knowledge that I raised a man who appreciates people for what they are and is the last person to hang prejudicial labels on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't like Caroline. Didn't like Susannah last year either. Both a bit desperate.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all, I just don't like the age difference when one is so young. I'm not a prude, I just imagine if it was my son, or daughter for that matter.

Therefore it is your prejudice and upbringing colouring your attitude. Women reach their prime at around 30, men peak around 18. So which is biologically more beneficial?
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    When my son was 15 he was in a relationship with an 18 year old. He's now a 30 year old English teacher who's been in a relationship with a woman 10 years older than himself for the past 11 years, and they have an 18 month old son and another due in February.

I can go beyond imagination and testify to the excellent friendship I had and have with both his girlfriends, safe in the knowledge that I raised a man who appreciates people for what they are and is the last person to hang prejudicial labels on them.

Well good for you:) I would never encouraged my daughter to go out with a young man of 17, nearly half her age but we are all different, thank goodness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Therefore it is your prejudice and upbringing colouring your attitude. Women reach their prime at around 30, men peak around 18. So which is biologically more beneficial?

I'm don't if I am prejudice, that is how I feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well good for you:) I would never encouraged my daughter to go out with a young man of 17, nearly half her age but we are all different, thank goodness.

I can't say I've ever encouraged (or discouraged) either my son or daughter in any of their relationships. Perhaps it's my lack of interference that makes my daughter's husband say I'm the best MIL in the world.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. she's seems to me to have a down to earth personality and, equally as importantly for me, she can actually dance (which gives my viewing experience purpose). Fair enough if she's not pushing your buttons (or be it in the way that you want), but I'm personally happy she's still dancing in the show.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Caroline. She's my favourite by a long way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't say I've ever encouraged (or discouraged) either my son or daughter in any of their relationships. Perhaps it's my lack of interference that makes my daughter's husband say I'm the best MIL in the world.

As I say, well done to you. Just keep blowing that trumpet:D
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I'm definitely rooting for Caroline - she's a joy to watch and just seems to love the whole experience & learning something new each week. I've also really enjoyed her partnership with Pasha, he has choreographed some wonderful dances for her. Hope she manages to keep it up next week.
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't care for Caroline prior to this show but her dancing is superb, so congrats to her.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:cool:
    Bloody good!
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My husband is 12 years younger than me.

Goodness knows what some people would make of that!

I've never thought of myself as a wicked temptress :D
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    There is no way you are as old as you claim, at least I hope not. Your comments about Pixie are horrible and your complaints when people say the slightest negative thing about Mark are beyond hypocritical. Guess I might have to use the handy ignore button, doesn't get used often but you need to give it a rest :p

Anyway, nasty threads like these put me right off. Caroline is a great dancer and seems like a sweetheart, so I don't see why anyone would dislike her.

Oh grow up! my remarks about Pixie have been tame compared to some of the vile things said about Mark.

Anyway, I happen to like Caroline, Pixie is the only one didn't like, so I suggest you take your own advice and give it a rest! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »

You cradle-snatching hussy!:D
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least this thread is a change from all the Pixie/Frankie/Kevin bashing threads.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simple fact is, not enough people voted for Pixie, or Simon for that matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Amazing how she couldn't get any attention at first. Now that she has worked her butt off to improve her dancing and started to get better scores the hate threads and everything negative that can be found comes out about her. Hate threads are a sure sign that she's going in the right direction.

Hope she and Pasha win that ugly trophy.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    Amazing how she couldn't get any attention at first. Now that she has worked her butt off to improve her dancing and started to get better scores the hate threads and everything negative that can be found comes out about her. Hate threads are a sure sign that she's going in the right direction.

^^^^^^^^^^ This .... :D:D
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »

Hope she and Pasha win that ugly trophy.

Well if DS hate threads such as this are what guarantees success in Strictly, I think Frankie and Kevin must already have it in the bag. But good luck to her anyway!
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »

You bad woman, you! I dunno ... What is the world coming to?? :):)
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J05h wrote: »
    You sound bitter probably just annoyed she is doing better than expected I get the impression she is not that confident with the exception of last night she seems to have to do a lot more to get high marks whereas Frankie and Pixie seem to be sharing the limelight.
    Why, when someone declares a dislike of someone are they accused of bitterness? I haven't warmed to Caroline - don't ask me why I just haven't; but I can assure you it is not from bitterness. About what should I feel bitter?
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cradle-snatching hussy!:D
    You bad woman, you! I dunno ... What is the world coming to?? :):)

:D:D:D

I feel quite naughty.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :pMy husband is 6 weeks younger than me can I feel naughty too please
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argent118 wrote: »
    I just don't like Caroline. Didn't like Susannah last year either. Both a bit desperate.

Sadly that tells us nothing about those two girls, but a lot more about you than we wanted to know.