Dermot has been aXed

Comments

• DipsDips Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tv columnist from Daily Mirror says Cowell's people have been briefing against Dermot. Any ideas what is being said?
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    Can I ask why? Out of curiosity.

Because they are represent everything that is wrong with this show.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    A shame to see Dermot being axed as he was the least of the show's problems.

The producers are the main part of the problem...Mark and Richard need sacking from the show big time and they can take Louis (aka: The producers mouthpiece) with them!

Agree with with its the producers. They've let the show become stale, and looking to the past to try and fix things, same problem with Good Morning Britain.

Although I will say, it's a good time for Dermot to move one the rot has set in, and he was starting to become a bit stale also.

I think this year is the last chance for the show. It should have been last year - but for some reason Cowell thought it was just him and Cheryl that the show needed.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dips wrote: »
    The tv columnist from Daily Mirror says Cowell's people have been briefing against Dermot. Any ideas what is being said?

They're claiming that he's left of his own accord. I don't believe that either, I think he's been sacked but that doesn't look good so they're making out that it's his choice to go.

He doesn't need the X Factor and he doesn't need to lick Simon Cowell's backside. Though I fully expect Team Cowell to trash him in the media if he speaks out and dares to make the dark lord look bad...
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's been sacked then more fool them.

If it's off his own back then he's jumped ship at the right time. A little like when he left Big Brother.

This show is a dead duck now!
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Dermot
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot has been axed as presenter of The X Factor.

Dan Wootton ‏@danwootton 4m4 minutes ago
    SUN EXCLUSIVE Dermot O'Leary has been axed as presenter of The X Factor after seven years. Full story soon @TheSunNewspaper

Now confirmed on Dermot's twitter account:
    @radioleary
    Good afternoon. After eight wonderful years on @TheXFactor it's time for me to move on.
    It's clear from Dermots twitter that he left voluntarily. Why would he be axed? Unless Cowell wants Clarkson to take over :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Edmundson is almost certain to get the job if you ask me! He's a Radio 1 Dj, host of his own itv2 show, young, funny, it's written in the stars! Itv will want to bring him to prime time!

I doubt Caroline Flack will be welcome back by Cowell, he's not gonna want last years Strictly winner fronting the new X Factor. She's well and truly burned her bridges with that show.

It will be:
    Matt Edmundson - X Factor Host
    Sarah Jane Crawford - Xtra Factor Host

Judges:
    Simon Cowell
    Cheryl
    Fergie (Black Eyed Peas)
    Olly Murs

Louis and Mel B won't be back. Also, they'll want to forget about Ben Haenow and it will be the year to promote Fleur and One Direction (the big foursome).
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Matt Edmundson is almost certain to get the job if you ask me! He's a Radio 1 Dj, host of his own itv2 show, young, funny, it's written in the stars! Itv will want to bring him to prime time!

I doubt Caroline Flack will be welcome back by Cowell, he's not gonna want last years Strictly winner fronting the new X Factor. She's well and truly burned her bridges with that show.

It will be:
    Matt Edmundson - X Factor Host
    Sarah Jane Crawford - Xtra Factor Host

Judges:
    Simon Cowell
    Cheryl
    Fergie (Black Eyed Peas)
    Olly Murs

Louis and Mel B won't be back. Also, they'll want to forget about Ben Haenow and it will be the year to promote Fleur and One Direction (the big foursome).

News alert...........Matt Edmundson is TERRIBLE. He has a terrible voice and just THINKS he's funny.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'll miss Dermy and his bulge :-((
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dermot's made the right decision in that the show was getting a bit stale and he probably left at just the right moment.

I do wonder whether Olly Murs will get the presenting gig - although I can't take to Caroline Flack, so hoping it won't be her co-presenting with him. I'm sure Olly could manage on his own.

I also have a feeling Cheryl won't renew her contract and they won't get Mel B back. Maybe Louis will decide to go too?

I'd love to see Robbie as a judge, and maybe even someone like Katie Price or Katie Hopkins too, just to shake things up a bit.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Least he gets to rest his voice this year. He must get fed up dong all that over the top shouting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dermot is one big dull dud . .

A truly awful presenter with no personality or charisma . .

His interview with Madonna a few years back was the worst interview I've ever seen . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot has been axed as presenter of The X Factor.

Dan Wootton ‏@danwootton 4m4 minutes ago
    SUN EXCLUSIVE Dermot O'Leary has been axed as presenter of The X Factor after seven years. Full story soon @TheSunNewspaper

Now confirmed on Dermot's twitter account:
    @radioleary
    Good afternoon. After eight wonderful years on @TheXFactor it's time for me to move on.

Great news. I would rather lose Dermot O'Leary than any of the judges.

Each to their own, but I don't understand Dermot O'Leary's appeal. I thought he was arrogant and very rude sometimes (particularly towards Louis), and watching him show off all the time with those ridiculous dance routines, I think he thought he was better than the show.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Am so glad Dermot has gone from X Factor. I always found him very wooden and old fashioned, and he could not dance for toffee.

We want someone with sparkle and Va Va Voom.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Great news. I would rather lose Dermot O'Leary than any of the judges.

Each to their own, but I don't understand Dermot O'Leary's appeal. I thought he was arrogant and very rude sometimes (particularly towards Louis), and watching him show off all the time with those ridiculous dance routines, I think he thought he was better than the show.

Lol, that's because he is better than the show! :D

Think it's a good move, the X-Factor ship appears to be sinking anyways...
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww i like Dermot ..
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard and Judy?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's clear from Dermots twitter that he left voluntarily. Why would he be axed? Unless Cowell wants Clarkson to take over :D

Latest rumour is that he did resign but after finding out he was second choice to present after Flack and Murs, they only Want Flack if Murs signs up so apparently Dermot decided to announce his departure rather than be dropped.

How true that is who knows.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Latest rumour is that he did resign but after finding out he was second choice to present after Flack and Murs, they only Want Flack if Murs signs up so apparently Dermot decided to announce his departure rather than be dropped.

How true that is who knows.

I love Dermot's presenting style, almost as much as I dislike Caroline "raspy voice" Flack's style. I can barely tolerate Olly these days, he looks so smug. I watched most of last year's series, having avoided the whole of the Sam Bailey year. But if OM and CF are presenting, I just don't think I will be able to stick with it at all this year.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I love Dermot's presenting style, almost as much as I dislike Caroline "raspy voice" Flack's style. I can barely tolerate Olly these days, he looks so smug. I watched most of last year's series, having avoided the whole of the Sam Bailey year. But if OM and CF are presenting, I just don't think I will be able to stick with it at all this year.

Murs and Flack were good on X-tra factor, but that is a different animal , if the producers think the laughs and jokes and flirting will cross over to X factor then they have got it seriously wrong, Dermot had the right pair of hands for it.
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wanted olly but his buddy Flack made sure she got in on the act. She ruined it for me when they were on the xtra. She used to do all of Tulisas dirty work and try and humiliate certain acts. The show is finished but hey ho cowel will flog the dead horse while ITV keep throwing millions at him.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they're not making another reality show 'The X Factor: The search for the next Host'
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The host on this show is a thankless task. It is a weekly job to steer the supertanker to the production schedule. It is more difficult on commercial television as they have to hit the adverts. When you've got a judges panel with the ego's the size they have on this show and then the so called stars of the show - the contestants there is no space for presenter to shine. They really are just a mechanism to make the show work on air. Dermot is best to move on. He has shown that he is very capable doing live television and no doubt will be do it again. He needs a job where is own talent/personality can shine as X-Factor ain't it.