The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    WOOPS I SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE DAY

la la la la

anyway FUMF IS STILL AS AMAZING TODAY YAS!
    Forum Member
    LOL at a certain fan complaining about the song being put on youtube. Doesn't surprise me at all that she isn't happy that other fans are happy!
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I've been singing the beginning part of FUMF all day and it's now stuck in my mum's head despite her not even hearing Leona's version. That must be a hit if even me singing it can get it stuck in other people's heads. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I've been singing the beginning part of FUMF all day and it's now stuck in my mum's head despite her not even hearing Leona's version. That must be a hit if even me singing it can get it stuck in other people's heads. :cool:

I played it about 1109309 times last night with my flatmate in the room and she's in the kitchen singing it today hahaha! It's so instant!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at a certain fan complaining about the song being put on youtube. Doesn't surprise me at all that she isn't happy that other fans are happy!

Bet that person is the cause of cassie being banned :cool:
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Bet that person is the cause of cassie being banned :cool:

I've thought that for a while! Would not surprise me in the slightest!
    Forum Member
    So happy of hearing Fire today on the rad... oh no, that the date was false, I've forgotten. But don't worry, I can pre-order it on iTun... oh wait, there's no pre-order neither.

Anyway, I'm happy that we can at least listen to the full and live version of the song. It's something.

Wow. Someone's being a lovely chap.
  • Vall_ScarletVall_Scarlet Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I played it about 1109309 times last night with my flatmate in the room and she's in the kitchen singing it today hahaha! It's so instant!
    I get what you mean but would playing it that many times and hearing her singing it classify it as instant hahaha.
    Forum Member
    I get what you mean but would playing it that many times and hearing her singing it classify it as instant hahaha.

Hahahaha, I guess not actually! Poor girl probably sick of it! :P
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The 'Fire under my feet' hook is pretty catchy and instant, even from the first snippet we got.

That hook runs through most of the song with a stomping beat which builds up re-enforcing that hook. Exactly what is needed imo for a radio hit.
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the instrumental of Fire under my Feet. We will get one for sure, I hope it won't take too long. I don't measure the success of a song by the amount of listens I gave it. I don't listen to studio versions very often for example. A song is successful in my little world, if I love to sing over the instrumental version. And I am so ready to singer over it. All those ooohh ohhhh ohsss and just everythingg, omg can't wait! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fires at the end 😍 and the ohs throughout 😍.
  • kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, as soon as I started to read your comment, I thought a snippet of Leona's new ballad "Thank you" had leaked LOOOL. I was getting so excited lool.

:D:D:D Sorry! :D Now when I read the post, it looks like as you said a little bit indeed :D
    Forum Member
    The end of the verses, just before it goes into the chorus is genius!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of the verses, just before it goes into the chorus is genius!

Ikr?! Then the chorus beat kicks in and slayage is everywhere
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Ikr?! Then the chorus beat kicks in and slayage is everywhere

It's bloody brilliant!

I still cant get over how fast it is. I had prepared for something slower (not much slower though) based off the snippets!

....I think this might be better than Bleeding Love....for me anyway.... :O
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite part is right after bridge, when all you can hear is Leona and the drums. It's the moment where the songs builds up again, in order to explode shortly after.
    Forum Member
    My favourite part is right after bridge, when all you can hear is Leona and the drums. It's the moment where the songs builds up again, in order to explode shortly after.

It's so constant - just massive throughout the whole thing!

I was expecting a slower bridge like 'Ghost' by Ella Henderson - that type of thing.

I'm so happy thats not the case!
    Forum Member
    My first exam is on may 11th, and I haven't revised at all and with FUMF floating about I have no motivation to haha
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love the very beginning, you know in the instagram video where she gets up from the piano, "oh wow wow wow"

Singing it to my ex like, "oh hoe hoe hoe oh hoeeee"
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I actually love the very beginning, you know in the instagram video where she gets up from the piano, "oh wow wow wow"

Singing it to my ex like, "oh hoe hoe hoe oh hoeeee"

OMG !!!! I need to meet my ex I have to tell him this. :o
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG !!!! I need to meet my ex I have to tell him this. :o

You'll be singing it to yourself while keying his car :D:D
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    You'll be singing it to yourself while keying his car :D:D

No I'm gonna share the video on his wall once its released with with a comment "Oh I know we haven't been in touch recently but I heard this new song by Leona and immediately thought of you :) " (we used to be loving her together) and with a quote of the lyrics " hoe hoe hoe HOOOOOOEEEEE "
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    No I'm gonna share the video on his wall once its released with with a comment "Oh I know we haven't been in touch recently but I heard this new song by Leona and immediately thought of you :) " (we used to be loving her together) and with a quote of the lyrics " hoe hoe hoe HOOOOOOEEEEE "

Sassy classy :cool:
  • Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    relistened the snippet of fire's short studio version on twitter and oh lord the studio version will SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
This discussion has been closed.