Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    By the way, I don't know if anyone is good at these cryptic guessing game things but they've put out (very vague) clues as to who is performing at the Summertime Ball this year http://www.capitalfm.com/summertime-ball/photos/line-up-clues-2015/

The tiger is Katy perry? The prisoner is Nick Jonas. I think the bed might allude to "One More Sleep"? So I think that's Leona. Those clues are very difficult though! lol
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    The tiger is Katy perry? The prisoner is Nick Jonas. I think the bed might allude to "One More Sleep"? So I think that's Leona. Those clues are very difficult though! lol

The arrow is One Direction, don't know about the others :')
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    The arrow is One Direction, don't know about the others :')

The web is Black Widow - Iggy Azalear/Rita Ora I think.That's all, the others oculd be so many different people lmao.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone uploaded 'another' version of the Palladium performance with audio only.

Clearly from the same video as the muffled parts are the same but it sounds like the audio has been edited a bit to try and enhance the vocals, especially towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=78&v=EtzeDrxYl2w
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »

That's a seriously good spot if it's that. I didn't even think of One More Sleep
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clock could be Better in Time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    The clock could be Better in Time?

Ooo that's true too. I was thinking the Sun be FUMF but then realised it hasn't even been released yet lol. Hopefully the Bed or Clock is Leona! :D
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the clock was Rihanna (4,5 seconds) and the bed Sam Smith (Lay Me Down)
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the US flag was Rihanna (American Oxygen)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stairs could be Madonna. Y'know when her ass fell down them at the Brits?
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I'm dancing over these FLAMES! I got Fire Under my feet!!!!
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube needs a repeat button don't know how many times I've repeated it .
    Sometimes I forget repeat but still be singing the song in my head :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to I Am's Wikipedia page? It seems it was removed. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeteJK wrote: »
    What happened to I Am's Wikipedia page? It seems it was removed. :(

Too much fire under the fanny
  • Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much fire under the fanny

Hahahaha new title for the album maybe ;)
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Leona will get Capital and Radio 1 festivals, probably just the one if any at all.
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    I find the over analysing the technical details very boring, it's usually from failed singers who are just trying to appear like they know what they are talking about.

I play guitar and can hear mistakes in a lot of live performances but the overall important thing is the performance and if it connects with the audience which is not the same thing as being pitch perfect and getting every note 100% correct ( within limits ).

Sometimes you see a really good performance live, then see a recording of it on TV and you literally can't believe it's the same thing because on TV you see the faults and niggles.

In the early days Leona lacked performance skills or stage presence but was very good at replicating the studio versions of her songs live. I think this partly gave her the 'boring' tag.

Quite frankly that's just rude! There would appear to be a lot of singers on here, wether professional or just as a hobby.
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I find it rather irritating how frequently a performance from Leona is subjected to micro examination of each note in a song or if her nose twitched at the end of a long note
    strewth if someone had done that to each of my performances I recon i would have become paranoid and not dared get on a stage again :o
    Also how many times has the extreme been voiced ( she`s had it her voice is going she is past her best oh dear whats gone wrong with her voice ) to be followed very soon after with OMG She`s back !!!!!
    I have never seen or heard Leona give a bad performance and recon i will not in the future
    on an average day LIVE Leona Slays the average artist doing a finer performance without auto tune etc and assets used by most artists in a studio
    When full on She is out of this world
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to the palladium performance a lot and it is fantastic, she really is performing/moving so naturally and freely. But my question is: does anybody think that the "I got fire under..." part is too repetitive, like being used too much? I feel that lyrics wise there could have been some more interesting input/development. I don't know...
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Franco1991 wrote: »
    I've been listening to the palladium performance a lot and it is fantastic, she really is performing/moving so naturally and freely. But my question is: does anybody think that the "I got fire under..." part is too repetitive, like being used too much? I feel that lyrics wise there could have been some more interesting input/development. I don't know...
    No. It's the hook of the song and I think it's brilliant. That part sticks in your head, which is exactly what you want for any successful pop song. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank823 wrote: »
    No. It's the hook of the song and I think it's brilliant. That part sticks in your head, which is exactly what you want for any successful pop song. :kitty:

Been stuck in my brain
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get this partyyyyy startteeedddd!!!!

parttyyyy timeeeeeeee

*champaaagneeeeee*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we didn't get to see much of Leona on stage in the video, but from what I seen I think it's the first time i've actually seen her move freely. She looked much more comfortable. In other performances, she is either plomped behind a microphone stand or moves cautiously. She exude more personality obviously because she's finally doing what she wants
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we didn't get to see much of Leona on stage in the video, but from what I seen I think it's the first time i've actually seen her move freely. She looked much more comfortable. In other performances, she is either plomped behind a microphone stand or moves cautiously. She exude more personality obviously because she's finally doing what she wants

And most of all she is happy right now 😃
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esesohsam wrote: »
    Quite frankly that's just rude! There would appear to be a lot of singers on here, wether professional or just as a hobby.

Perhaps that was a bit harsh

I've nothing against singers good luck to anyone trying to make it in music in whatever capacity.

But there are some posters who just post boring and frequently inaccurate technical analysis of every nuance that Leona got wrong instead of trying to actually enjoy the performance.

Like any singer she has her bad days, good days and exceptional days and although there are technical aspects to every aspect of music I consider the overall performance the most important thing. Sometimes there is no explanation why something is good or bad in music it's entirely subjective.

The Fire performance at the Palladium had one clear mistake but apart from that it was the best i've heard her sing in quite a while and was on the whole a great performance.
This discussion has been closed.