Options

sky planner - listings not available

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
Forum Member
Hi,

I've changed my Sky+HD box to a new (used) one as mine kept crashing on an almost daily basis.

Currently I can't see any TV listings past midnight tonight, just have a message on all channels saying "no listings available".

I've carried out a system update, system reset and planner rebuild, but still no luck. I only have 1 feed into the box as I'm in a flat and can only get 1, however this didn't impact on the old box giving me limited Sky+ and full 7 day planner for the last 2yrs.

Any ideas on what I can do, or do I just need to wait overnight and see if it re-downloads?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Your old box may have seemed to be OK in this respect, but fundamentally the box cannot update the EPG data while it's in use if it only has one feed, as the single tuner is being used.
    Put the box in standby overnight and it should sort itself out.
    :)
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks both, I'm putting it into single feed mode now, and I'll leave it off overnight (was hoping that would do the trick anyway)

Cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you weren't in single feed mode?!
    No wonder you were having problems!
    I'm sure it will be fine now.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    So you weren't in single feed mode?!
    No wonder you were having problems!
    I'm sure it will be fine now.

To be fair, the OP might not have known such a thing existed, if the box was supplied and setup for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed so, my post wasn't intended as a criticism, just stating that this was probably the cause of the problems!
    I guess if his previous box didn't have any problems, it had been put into single feed mode by someone else, which the OP wasn't aware of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi,

No i wasn't in single feed mode, that has fixed the problem. I knew there had to be something not set up properly. When I moved here from a multi room setup to a flat with only one feed, the third party engineer installed the box, so he must have done it from the beginning.

Thanks all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad it's all sorted!