Oh how I will laugh when this lot get nicked

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I just can't fathom the attitude of some people on here.

It's a sad state of affairs when we forgive all bad behaviour as long as someone doesn't get seriously injured.

Do people not believe in shame anymore?
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a sad state of affairs when we forgive all bad behaviour as long as someone doesn't get seriously injured.

I wouldn't even worry about it - You've got to remember that there are people who come on here just to tell people off or hand our a patronising lecture about what they should or should not be discussing.

I watched the video - and yeah it doesn't compare to world wars :rolleyes: but it's a sad inditement on the supposed civilised country we live in.
  • LilolemeLiloleme Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member

I think it would be a great society if we all learned a little more forgiveness.

Would be a pretty boring thread if it was all just copy/paste outrage wouldn't it? I am not saying the behaviour is okay I am just saying let's have some perspective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadperson wrote: »

Where do kids get the idea that they're untouchable? it's drilled into them these days - all about their rights, but seemingly not their responsibilities. :(

Because they are pretty much untouchable these days. We are all namby pamby now. Teachers can't discipline kids for fear of getting stabbed, sued, fired. Cops can't do anything but listen to the kids call then Cu*tables. Parents daren't lift a finger because its socially unacceptable to be seen as 'that' harsh on your kids. Adults daren't say anything to other peoples kids in case they get arrested for molesting them.

If you go out to stop a fight or whatever these days, you're set upon yourself so no one wants to get involved which just breeds this can of behavior.

We choose apathy or to walk away that confront situations in current society.

Britain is fu*ked up.
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    I wouldn't even worry about it - You've got to remember that there are people who come on here just to tell people off or hand our a patronising lecture about what they should or should not be discussing.

I watched the video - and yeah it doesn't compare to world wars :rolleyes: but it's a sad inditement on the supposed civilised country we live in.

Oh yawn, there are people on here with opposing views who choose to engage each other. Shocker.
    Forum Member
    Because they are pretty much untouchable these days. We are all namby pamby now. Teachers can't discipline kids for fear of getting stabbed, sued, fired. Cops can't do anything but listen to the kids call then Cu*tables. Parents daren't lift a finger because its socially unacceptable to be seen as 'that' harsh on your kids. Adults daren't say anything to other peoples kids in case they get arrested for molesting them.

If you go out to stop a fight or whatever these days, you're set upon yourself so no one wants to get involved which just breeds this can of behavior.

Britain is fu*ked up.

Only that isn't supported by any evidence, in fact the evidence points to the opposite. Youth justice has become increasingly punitive and the UK lock up more kids per capitia than any other developed nation bar the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liloleme wrote: »
    Only that isn't supported by any evidence, in fact the evidence points to the opposite. Youth justice has become increasingly punitive and the UK lock up more kids per capitia than any other developed nation bar the US.

That might well be the case and I take your word on that. I find it interesting of course.

But I'm not referring to cases where kids are bad enough to get locked up. More that on the whole kids lack a respect for other people outside of their own miopic view of the world.
  • GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ21 wrote: »
    they should all be arrested

Where are the Guardianistas proclaiming these ******* are actually victims? And it is society's fault that they have "low self esteem" and all that crap?

Come on you Leftie bullshiners let's be 'avin yer!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to not get too reactionary over this. Yes, they did a bad thing, and should be punished, you can't expect to do what ever the hell you like and get away with it. However, they were just mouthy morons who didn't actually assault anyone. It could be a case of a bunch of stupid teenagers egging each other on to do something and it getting out of hand. But they stole and that's a crime they'll get punished for if/when they are caught, I should imagine. (and NO, I don't read the Guardian).
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Britain is fu*ked up.

But your post could have been written in any decade since the 50s, when kids listened to dangerous rock n roll music. Or the 60s when youths spent whole weekends in Brighton or Margate fighting each other. Or the 70s, when football hooligans regularly smashed up town centres. Or the 80s, when kids were rioting in the streets. Or the 90s, when they were smashed off their tits at illegal raves...

On the wider scale, a few puerile songs in a McD is hardly the end of society, is it?
  • GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But your post could have been written in any decade since the 50s, when kids listened to dangerous rock n roll music. Or the 60s when youths spent whole weekends in Brighton or Margate fighting each other. Or the 70s, when football hooligans regularly smashed up town centres. Or the 80s, when kids were rioting in the streets. Or the 90s, when they were smashed off their tits at illegal raves...

On the wider scale, a few puerile songs in a McD is hardly the end of society, is it?

Here we go. The "fings were just the same in the 60s" routine. :rolleyes:
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the wider scale, a few puerile songs in a McD is hardly the end of society, is it?[/QUOTE]

Since no-one has suggested it is, you brought this up why exactly?
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But in the 1960s and 1970s did we have young fathers going to stop some noisy teenagers, getting stabbed to death just because they confronted them. Those teenagers who did that started their bad behaviour somewhere and probably by doing stuff similar to this incident in Mcdonalds. Although that time it wasnt on film for everyone to see.
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    But in the 1960s and 1970s did we have young fathers going to stop some noisy teenagers, getting stabbed to death just because they confronted them. Those teenagers who did that started their bad behaviour somewhere and probably by doing stuff similar to this incident in Mcdonalds. Although that time it wasnt on film for everyone to see.

Maybe, what we didn't have was rolling news and the internet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of discipline both at home and in schools, if you ask me. No one did... but I thought I would say it anyway.

You can lock them up until the cows come home but until parents start taking responsibility for how their offspring are brought up and behave, this will keep happening.
  • Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..I smile when things like this happen, not because I in anyway shape or form condone the actions of these sub-human vermin but because this is the continuous baring of fruit for those who wanted an ultra-liberal, ultra-tolerant nanny state.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of discipline both at home and in schools, if you ask me. No one did... but I thought I would say it anyway.

You can lock them up until the cows come home but until parents start taking responsibility for how their offspring are brought up and behave, this will keep happening.

I wholeheartedly agree. All the 'bad' behaved kids around me you can see are reflections of their parents. Whose values have been passed on, sometimes unwittingly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member

Do you have any predictions on what the 2020s will be like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send em as cannon fodder to the frontline in Afghanistan
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'It is not acceptable to behave like this in a family restaurant. We have launched an investigation to identify those responsible and bring them to justice.

It's not acceptable anywhere, punish them all, families and pets
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the people who don't think it was a big deal should consider how they'd feel if the female member of staff we see in the video was a relation of theirs ?

How would they feel if it was a mother, sister or aunt who was faced with (apparently) a hundred yobs chanting "Get your tits out for the lads?".

Do you think she would have thought "Oh, it's only some kids having fun" or would she have been in fear for her safety ?
    Forum Member
    Maybe the people who don't think it was a big deal should consider how they'd feel if the female member of staff we see in the video was a relation of theirs ?

How would they feel if it was a mother, sister or aunt who was faced with (apparently) a hundred yobs chanting "Get your tits out for the lads?".

Do you think she would have thought "Oh, it's only some kids having fun" or would she have been in fear for her safety ?

Or maybe they already have considered this.

I'll do it again though....

Yep still not a big deal.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yawn, there are people on here with opposing views who choose to engage each other. Shocker.

Engage eachother - lol - I'm not sure you're engaging anyone in this thread - all you've done is say it's not a big deal... again... and again.
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Engage eachother - lol - I'm not sure you're engaging anyone in this thread - all you've done is say it's not a big deal... again... and again.

Not true at all, perhaps that's all you are able to read? :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep still not a big deal.

Well if you're ever placed in that position, maybe i'll ask you again afterwards ..