Options

Planet of the Spiders

Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
Forum Member
✭✭
Having just watched that again, does anyone else agree this is one of the best adventures ever? I find the evil giant spiders with powers of telepathic torture to be one of the most chilling adversaries ever. I thought the scenes with Buddhist chanting in the cellar, growing to an aggressive crescendo under the direction of Lupton, were a superb bit of tension escalation, prior to the first appearance of one of the spiders-and I liked the way they just had a blue glow manifest in the centre of the circle, the first time the meditations produced a tangible result, as it kept the suspense up as to what would finally be materialised until later.

Comments

• Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if you this Phoenix but started a thread on this last year as I did all the Classic Stories.

Off course, my threads are not exclusive and anyone should feel free to start another one if they wish, but just for future reference and if you want to save yourself starting a new one, they are all still there to be restarted if you so wish.

Meanwhile, here's the link to the one I did last year so you can get some ideas of others opinion.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1697056&highlight=

:)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though the effects made the story a bit ridiculous.

Didn't care for all that 70's new age stuff, either. It has dated the story terribly.....