Do TK Maxx sell fake designer handbags???

OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
Forum Member
I've just bought an absolutely gorgeous Osprey handbag from TK Maxx but it didn't come with its dustbag and I can't find it anywhere on the net (to compare). Just to compound my growning concern, I have found the same handbag... listed on ebay! :eek:

Been trawling the net for hours trying to find photos/hints/tips on how to spot a fake Osprey but with no luck. Argghhh. :confused: I've checked the stitching, lining, handles etc and it all seems in order but as I have no point of reference....

Can anyone help or direct me to a site where I can put my fears to rest. The bag was a present to myself and I absolutely love it, but I'll be really annoyed if I find that I bought a fake from TK Maxx.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highly doubtful that it's a fake.

I believe they buy their stock from department stores/direct from suppliers, so I doubt many, if any, fakes find their way there. Just because you've seen the bag on ebay doesn't mean it's a fake... generally fakes will be brands such as LV, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Hermes etc...

If you like it, just enjoy it and stop worrying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I also doubt it would be fake. It would be more than their company is worth to sell fakes, trading standards would be down on them like a ton of bricks!

Treat yourself and enjoy your bargain! :)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a couple of Osprey bags in TK Maxx before Christmas. It'd be difficult to get a fake Osprey past me.:p And I saw one of them in a well known department store last weekend priced at £245. I paid £50.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are genuine things on ebay too you know :)

Probably someone else who bought in in TKMaxx and knows it was more expensive elsewhere so is hoping someone will want it enough to pay nearer to the RRP on it, that's all.

I agree with the poster above, enjoy it. You bought it because you like it and paid a reasonable price for it from a well-known store (who'd get taken to the cleaners if they sold fakes!). So no need to worry over it.
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    I've got one that I bought a couple of years ago from TkMaxx and I prefer it to the expensive ones on sale in John Lewis. I always thought that TkMaxx probably sold 'seconds' - ie genuine but slightly imperfect?
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The could not knowingly sell fake goods as they would be found out, given a huge fine or closed down immediately. What they do sell can be last seasons, I think quite a lot of their stock comes from USA.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I doubt it will be fake TK Maxx sell goods that have maybe been on a show shelf and dont have boxes, bags ect
    they also buy job lots from well known department stores and designers at a big discount
    goods can be from a season three years previous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I got an Osprey bag a year ago from there. It wasn't cheap(around 60 pounds),and the handles have cracked. i didn't keep the reciept...wish I had:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    As a TK Maxx worker I can categorically state that we DO NOT sell fake items.
    The reason they are so cheap is because we go directly to the manufacturer to get items, which in turn saves them time, energy and fuel.
    We therefore get a better deal on big names, and pass those savings that we make on to the customer.
    Its a concept called offprice.
    Sometimes unfortunately add ons, such as the small material fold up bags do get lost in the back of our huge delivery lorries, and unfortunately that is something that we have no way of controlling.
    But your bag is the real mcoy, so if you still have it I hope your mind is put at rest :)

Also taboo, after 6 months any faults should be bought up with the manufacturer not the seller so contact osprey, tell them how dissapointed you are, and they may be able to refund or replace or something.