Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    And why on earth would Gail take flowers to "real Gavin's" grave when he blackmailed her for £2000 which she has completely forgotten about and has never tried to get back which was probably at his flat which "pretend Gavin" had a key for!

Oh wait a minute, of course she is taking flowers because this story has got to get even more preposterous and annoying, so of course looney David has to find out!

And also she has to get a taxi from the local firm that indiscreetly tells where it's customers go, when really she would get the bus as she is short of money and had to sell her house to David but she can swan about in taxis and take flowers frequently! Arrgggghhh I am so annoyed by this story!

I agree - the whole storyline is just so convoluted and beyond stupid
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Ha ha david was comedy gold with his lines tonight....the best was him stalking gail, crouching down on the path 5 metres behind her.(all that was missing was mission impossible music!)....cos we all know if you duck down you become invisible!!!
  • Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy makes to leave Sean's, saying he's got an early start, yet he was prepared to spend the night in a B&B in the Peak District?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been better for Gavin to just find Michael, hate his guts, not listen to the health warning and die. Then his mam come to Michael full of remorse for poisoning Gavin against him which cost him his life, she could even come between gail and Michael. Much more plausible.

Billy and Sean story was daft with him saying about pushing the beds together. I've shared rooms with male friends and we're not gay so nobody assumed, make that sort of comment and it draws attention to it.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,931
    Forum Member
    dobbybear wrote: »
    And why on earth would Gail take flowers to "real Gavin's" grave when he blackmailed her for £2000 which she has completely forgotten about and has never tried to get back which was probably at his flat which "pretend Gavin" had a key for!

Oh wait a minute, of course she is taking flowers because this story has got to get even more preposterous and annoying, so of course looney David has to find out!

And also she has to get a taxi from the local firm that indiscreetly tells where it's customers go, when really she would get the bus as she is short of money and had to sell her house to David but she can swan about in taxis and take flowers frequently! Arrgggghhh I am so annoyed by this story!

I wondered how Gail could afford regular taxis and flowers on what she earns for cleaning the Bistro and maybe the gym - can't remember if she still has the job there.
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy makes to leave Sean's, saying he's got an early start, yet he was prepared to spend the night in a B&B in the Peak District?

Yes I noticed that, once again the writers forget what the characters were doing in earlier scenes
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a court case some months ago where a Christian couple were told could not refuse to allow a gay couple into their B and B. So it is unlikely that any pub landlord would act as he did, any more than he would refuse to serve them food.

I was eating some cheesecake a bit later when either the vicar or Sean mentioned about liking it when 'you turn the other cheek'. Cheesecake discreetly passed to dog to eat.........

And then a vicar who normally speaks quite well, as vicars usually do, says 'I care ferr yerr' ? Sloppy speech, sloppy acting, sloppy directing.

When he does weddings will he say 'Der yerr, Gail Tilsley-Sideways-etc-etc, tek this man ter be yer lawfully wedded 'usband'?

And then the sloppy kiss......

Rant over, but my cheesecake is in the dog and the dog has a ;) on her face;)
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »
    Ha ha david was comedy gold with his lines tonight....the best was him stalking gail, crouching down on the path 5 metres behind her.(all that was missing was mission impossible music!)....cos we all know if you duck down you become invisible!!!

Yes he was so close that if the sun had been out, Gail would have felt his shadow next to her on the pavement.

I reckon that must have been what they call 'hiding in plain sight'?
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where to start tonight.......

David following Gail, so closely he could have touched her. Why is she leaving flowers every week in any case? And why if you want to be secretive about it, is she buying them from Dev's. Why not go to ASDA where no one knows her?

The vicar and Sean. I know the Peak District isn't that far away, but they were back 2 scenes later. Did they go by Concorde? And I'm sure all the pubs in the Peak District love this storyline :D

Did David say something about Half Term. Have the kids not gone back now. And why did Maria care anyway. Liam is invisible 95% of the time.

Who writes this tosh, a four year old.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was eating some cheesecake a bit later when either the vicar or Sean mentioned about liking it when 'you turn the other cheek'. Cheesecake discreetly passed to dog to eat.........

Why? Turn the other cheek is just a Biblical expression meaning not returning evil for evil.
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the episode, when David revealed to fake gavin that he knew real gavin was dead, he called him Andy. .... how does he know he's called Andy? did I miss a bit?
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the episode tonight, the scenes with David especially. :D
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the episode, when David revealed to fake gavin that he knew real gavin was dead, he called him Andy. .... how does he know he's called Andy? did I miss a bit?
    Gail told David his real name.
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Gail told David his real name.

that explains it then. I did miss that bit! I must have phased out because of the stupidity of it all.
  • RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gail told him at the churchyard.
  • RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Loved the episode tonight, the scenes with David especially. :D

Me too. Loved his comment about Gail having a dead husband in all the cemeteries in the area.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Where to start tonight.......

David following Gail, so closely he could have touched her. Why is she leaving flowers every week in any case? And why if you want to be secretive about it, is she buying them from Dev's. Why not go to ASDA where no one knows her?

The vicar and Sean. I know the Peak District isn't that far away, but they were back 2 scenes later. Did they go by Concorde? And I'm sure all the pubs in the Peak District love this storyline :D

Did David say something about Half Term. Have the kids not gone back now. And why did Maria care anyway. Liam is invisible 95% of the time.

Who writes this tosh, a four year old.

Gail feels extreme guilt so I suppose it is making her feel a little better.

Max is still on hols, lots of areas are still in their holidays.they go back Monday.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »

David doing a monkey impression was hardly stealth was it?

And he also did that annoying thing, when he was watching her at the shop from his house, of being behind net curtains, where he was hidden, then pulling them to one side and putting himself into full view! This is really annoying (to me anyway!) and has been done countless times on TV before, many of these on CS... I guess it's telegraphing to us, the helpless viewer, what is happening, a bit like when characters are looking through binoculars, and we see a figure-of-8 mask on the screen, despite the fact that in reality using binoculars gives a circle of vision.....
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotted Gail tonight, piling toast onto a plate and then putting the tub of margarine on top of the toast to carry it the arduous 2 feet to the table..... Never mind that the tub would have (likely) been in a shopping trolley that other folks might have had their toddler with the dirty shoes stood in! :o

(OK, I'm a bit OCD, but you get the idea!)
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Owen had this handy Scottish mate with the ability to give him a job at the drop of a hat, how come he didn't take advantage of him before their house was repossessed?

Who wouldn't temporarily move away for work if you were genuinely broke and about to lose your house?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you lot seem to have all nearly all the SORs covered! I haven't seen these yet so...

How come when Sean and the vicar flounced out of the pub they didn't have their rucksacks? They had them when they arrived there and when they got home.

Had Eileen really made an effort for her date with that bloke?

Why does Tracy think she is going to take over the Rovers if Tony gets Steve's share?

Why hasn't business woman Michelle offered cash from her business?

Why hasn't Steve sold the sports car and the camper van to raise funds?

Is Steve's share in the Rovers only worth £10,000?
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David crouching following Gail tonight was just ridiculous :D

Why is it in a soap when 2 characters sleep together you see them coming down the stairs while still getting dressed. Callum and Sarah came downstairs her in dressing gown and him with his top off which he didn't put on until they were in the kitchen. It just makes it look like they do the deed, hop off and then run downstairs :D Surely if you were upstairs having sex with someone you weren't supposed to you would make sure your clothes were on before you went downstairs and also wouldn't Sarah lock the door and leave the key in to stop her family walking in at the wrong time.

Also did they really do that in the bed that Sarah shares with Bethany? That's grim!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    David crouching following Gail tonight was just ridiculous :D

Why is it in a soap when 2 characters sleep together you see them coming down the stairs while still getting dressed. Callum and Sarah came downstairs her in dressing gown and him with his top off which he didn't put on until they were in the kitchen. It just makes it look like they do the deed, hop off and then run downstairs :D Surely if you were upstairs having sex with someone you weren't supposed to you would make sure your clothes were on before you went downstairs and also wouldn't Sarah lock the door and leave the key in to stop her family walking in at the wrong time.

Also did they really do that in the bed that Sarah shares with Bethany? That's grim!

Ah yes, the weedy sex-god that is Callum had his top off again. Swoon. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie stupidly set in its own bubble. Why couldn't shifty Gail go to a different florist; why did she feel the need to shop at Dev's every single time she wanted flowers?

Andrea and Callum seem to do nothing but doss about.

Callum's a hard-man, sex-god and sometime drug dealer. :D:D:D

But Andrea? I wondered the same thing tonight. Does she work at Streetcars or just hang about there and stick her nose into everything that's going on?
This discussion has been closed.