Media reaction to Jade Goody/Max Clifford

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she lie about cancer when she would know the backlash she would get if it turned out she was lying?

Because she's desperate, and never thought anyone would question a claim of cancer.

She's no pretty bimbo who can flash her wobbly bits in the gutter press, so this was a last ditch effort. Unfortunately it has blown up in her face because she wasn't smart enough to do enough homework to make it believable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    Well I disagree because I've seen people on this forum attacking other's personally.

I have to agree with you there. I personally was subjected to vile posts towards me in another Jade thread. I am pretty thick skinned but it wasn't nice.

This is the sort of behaviour Jade detractors cannot abide as they always bring up Jades less attractive behaviour.

I cannot see it stopping anytime soon so its best to scroll past any nasty posts if they upset you :(

You can of course alert posts and let the mods deal with it but I find scrolling past some posters best.
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caprice wrote: »
    How long does it take to rehearse for panto, anyone know?

As an example :

The Coliseum is searching for 2 teams of 8 girls to appear in the chorus of this year’s pantomime. They must be available from 30th October, which is when rehearsals start, through to the final show on the 13th January. Once the performances start (from the 25th November), each team will be required to participate on alternate performance days. This is a fantastic opportunity to appear in a professional production at Oldham Coliseum Theatre.

http://www.coliseum.org.uk/default.asp?id=192
  • capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I was daft enough to email the Theatre Royal in Lincoln the other day to ask about Jade's appearance in the panto and received the following reply:

Right, they didn't even mention health issues to me, just said yes she was in it. Tickets are on sale now. Presumably if anyone bought them just to see Goody (lol!) they could get their money back if she backed out later?
  • skinrayskinray Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mzstake wrote: »

This is the sort of behaviour Jade detractors cannot abide as they always bring up Jades less attractive behaviour

I wasn't aware that she ever displayed any other type of behaviour, unless of course you can enlighten us, and please don't tell us what a wonderful mother she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omah wrote: »

Thanks for that. So rehearsals will be starting later this month maybe.

I expect there are many emergency meetings tight now in the Goody camp because if she appears, she will have to reconcile the fact she is supposed to be having a year of chemo - BAD PR! If she doesn't appear for panto or book signings or whatever else she usually gets paid for, she, well, won't get paid - BAD FOR THE BANK BALANCE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, they didn't even mention health issues to me, just said yes she was in it. Tickets are on sale now. Presumably if anyone bought them just to see Goody (lol!) they could get their money back if she backed out later?

Who in their right mind would pay to see her? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twombly wrote: »

Her kids?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our dancers start rehearsing on 1 december for our pantomine

i must admit i was in a show whilst undergoing chemo and radiotherapy but it was only for a week....2 months will be hard work

oh and as for chemo brain, i didn't know my own name never mind learning lines...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twombly wrote: »

I can think of at least two who will be in the front row applauding their "brave jade" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    our dancers start rehearsing on 1 december for our pantomine

i must admit i was in a show whilst undergoing chemo and radiotherapy but it was only for a week....2 months will be hard work

oh and as for chemo brain, i didn't know my own name never mind learning lines...

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing. :) I trust you are fit and well now. :)
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. So rehearsals will be starting later this month maybe.

Or early November, at the latest :

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS

WEDNESDAY 17TH DECEMBER 2008 - SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY 2009

STARRING: KEVIN KENNEDY, JADE GOODY & ROB McVEIGH

http://www.theatreroyallincoln.com/01_show_33.shtml
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is interesting. Thanks for sharing. :) I trust you are fit and well now. :)

ta, no not really, but still out and enjoying life:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ta, no not really, but still out and enjoying life:)

:) .
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Why would she lie about cancer when she would know the backlash she would get if it turned out she was lying? I don't understand you forum posters :confused:

It's obvious shes hated by most in Britain but she's trying to win the public round so why in gods name would she lie about this? It wont do her any favours...

Also why would she put her boys through that?

And that in a nutshell is the only argument in favour of Jade having cancer - she wouldn't lie about it - would she :confused: That is the dam holding back the whole flood of doubt - diagnosis on BB, 8 hr op, miraculous recovery, no statement from any credible medical person. Perhaps not the strongest dam ever given that she has a proven track record of lying when there's money in it for - as with her exercise video - and that Clifford will say anything to help a client ... In my experience when you doubt someone's statement the best indication of whether it is true or not is the character of the person telling the story and how much they have to gain from it ...

Another thought strikes me - if Jade really had cancer and needed chemo etc. would her PR team risk such a major promotion - book being published, TV show, panto etc. knowing that their star might not be up to it? Just a thought :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    skinray wrote: »
    How can you prove that statement, do you have any concrete evidence? You tell us detractors off for daring to suggest that she is less than whiter than white.

I don't have to prove it, its that simple. I am not telling you off at all for daring to suggest it. It is you being rude to anyone who dares to disagree with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have to prove it, its that simple. I am not telling you off at all for daring to suggest it. It is you being rude to anyone who dares to disagree with you.

So it's that simple because you say so, I am sure that everyone will draw their own conclusions to that reply. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galena wrote: »
    And that in a nutshell is the only argument in favour of Jade having cancer - she wouldn't lie about it - would she :confused: That is the dam holding back the whole flood of doubt - diagnosis on BB, 8 hr op, miraculous recovery, no statement from any credible medical person. Perhaps not the strongest dam ever given that she has a proven track record of lying when there's money in it for - as with her exercise video - and that Clifford will say anything to help a client ... In my experience when you doubt someone's statement the best indication of whether it is true or not is the character of the person telling the story and how much they have to gain from it ...

Another thought strikes me - if Jade really had cancer and needed chemo etc. would her PR team risk such a major promotion - book being published, TV show, panto etc. knowing that their star might not be up to it? Just a thought :rolleyes:

Bloomin' good point!

Also, why do they feel the need to promote her cancer so much if they didn't think she had anything to gain from it? They are treating it as a PR campaign... it's CANCER for goodness sake, not a new perfume! :mad:
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    How long does it take to rehearse for panto, anyone know?

Who knows but I have visions of the audience shouting

"oh no, she didn't" :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Who knows but I have visions of the audience shouting

"oh no, she didn't" :eek::D

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I was daft enough to email the Theatre Royal in Lincoln the other day to ask about Jade's appearance in the panto and received the following reply:

If she appears in panto then even I will become suspicious, not of her having cancer but of how bad it is. That is ridiculous and it would seem she would do anything for money.
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    I have to agree with you there. I personally was subjected to vile posts towards me in another Jade thread. I am pretty thick skinned but it wasn't nice.

This is the sort of behaviour Jade detractors cannot abide as they always bring up Jades less attractive behaviour.

I cannot see it stopping anytime soon so its best to scroll past any nasty posts if they upset you :(

You can of course alert posts and let the mods deal with it but I find scrolling past some posters best.

I agree too. It is getting ridiculous now the amount of abuse certain posters get away with. Some are on a ban at the moment and other have been temp banned and yet still abuse other members. There have been many posts on these threads that have been removed.

When will DS put a stop to it?

It is one thing to have a difference of opinion, we're all full of them, but to get personal towards other posters as if their posts are not valid compared to their own is not on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she appears in panto then even I will become suspicious, not of her having cancer but of how bad it is. That is ridiculous and it would seem she would do anything for money.

This is what I was saying earlier up the thread. Because they have promoted her cancer so much, they have now backed themselves into a corner. They can't have it both ways - her at death's door and fighting fit up and about doing promos and pantos...

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Forum Member
    skinray wrote: »
    So it's that simple because you say so, I am sure that everyone will draw their own conclusions to that reply. :rolleyes:

As we all do to every post written. Who else would it be because? I said it after all. Stop nitpicking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    With regard to Jade's chemo, she could be having tablet chemo which means she wont have to be in hospital.
    Some tablet chemos are 9 days on 5 days break then start again.
    If this is what Jade is having then she would still be able to appear in panto, as long as she wasn't sick, suffering mouth ulcers, upset tummy etc .
This discussion has been closed.