Options

MEN Arena - Block 101 anyone sat there?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
Forum Member
Hi

I am interested in getting some tickets listed as block 101 row T, I am not keen on being too high up, and not sure as it's a side block whether it would be good if the artist if obviously singing to the front of the arena, never been to the MEN arena and if anyone's been there/sat around this block can you tell me your thoughts? also what is parking like there?

Comments

• Options
    sp2782sp2782 Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Hi, Parking isn't a problem there are always loads of carparks around, ranging from £5 to about £15 depending on how far away they are from the arena, but they are easy to find with loads of signs.

The closest I've sat is 102 I think, and they were fantastic seats, excellent view of the act and it really didn't matter that it was side on, there are usually screens so you get a good close up of the band anyway.

Seating chart

Looking at the above link, block 101 might be a bit rubbish, there has only ever been a very small number of people in these blocks at the gigs I've been to there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks sp2782, I did wonder whether 101 looked a bit iffy cause it's kinda behind the stage, and T is about 20 rows back I guessed, so I am debating whether it would be worth it or not! thanks for replying
  • Options
    clementine77clementine77 Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a great view! When I've been there, they usually split the block in two and cordon the other half off, so you aren't sitting in the portion of the block behind the stage.

Who are you going to see?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I've never sat in one of those side view seats before only block 102 or 115.

I think it all depends on who you're going to see and your reasons for seeing them. If it's a proper band you're seeing and you're going for the music and to hear them live then they'll be great seats. If you're seeing someone more 'pop' who might not be singing live but putting on a show with lots of dancing and props then you might be disappointed with those seats as you'll probably have a restricted view and might not be able to see the big screens as you'll be right next to them.

Row T isn't that high up though, i'm terrible with heights and would never go in any of the 200 blocks at the MEN but i've been in Row Z before in block 102 and i was fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks for all your replies, I decided against getting the tickets, it was for Michael Buble who I saw in Sheffield on Thurs, just got the bug for going again and there was some cheap tickets on ebay - thanks for advising, so if I decide to go to the MEN I'll know for next time! x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have sat in block 102 and they are brilliant seats and although classed as side view, you really get a great view of most of the stage.
    There were people sat in block 101 and the opposite 116 (i think) when i went but to be honest I'm not sure what they actually got to see? Yes they'll have heard the concert but I think some of their view will have been restricted by a lot of the sound equipement which seemed to be on the sides of the stage. Like someone said above if you are going to see a live rock band, to listen to their music then you should be fine but if its a Kylie/ Katy Perry show style concert then I would imagine you will miss out on a lot of the 'performance and production of the show. I dont even think you'll be able to see the big screens either?
    I'd go for lower tier seats further back as a lot of artists seem to use the bridges and smaller stage towards the back of the arena's incorporated into their concerts these days which gives those at the back of the arena a great view too!