Comments

• Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto...........

Goes for me too

Whoops, only quoted a bit of it :confused:

I'm not missing Artem or James..... and am positively ecstatic to be missing Bruce!! :D
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to James on Twitter, he and Ola have been married for 11yrs and together for 16yrs. That means she was 21 and 16yrs old respectively. In a foreign country trying to advance her career. James must have seemed like a good catch then....I wonder if she feels now it was "any port in a storm"? To be fair, they always seem to be very happy together ( although it seems to me a bit pimpy/ pervy how he touts her glamour shots/ calendar all over the media ) and Ola has said that she would like to have a baby sooner rather than later, so perhaps that's why this may be her last year on Strictly anyway.
    I like both the Jordans but feel he is getting a little tedious with his constant criticisms especially of Craig and Bruno.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    I know people are saying that James cannot let go of Strictly but there seem to be a lot of people who can't let go of James. They read his tweets and interviews and then complain about them. It's not that he's unavoidable is it? So I don't understand. If I don't like someone I just turn the page and not search to find them on twitter.

Also Strictly was part of James's life for quite a few years. His obsession is a bit more justified than ours.

Voice of reason alert :)
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very divided on James - he seemed to get on with Brendan and Brian on the show and I think that he does have a point about the over-interference of producers - lets face we all hate the way they imposed silly themes on Ashley and Mark last year to name but two.

I do like reading any ex-pros opinion - it is nice to have someone knowledgable talking the dances and giving a different perspective.

However - there's a pretty bad account of him on the 'nice and nasty celebs' thread on the showbiz forum from a guy who worked at the Jordan's pad - and he does appear to have a bit of a problem engaging his brain before his gob and I think he's got a bit of an ego. I can believe his the sort of guy who wasn't nice to runners on SCD.

I also detect a running grudge match between him and Craig which doesn't portray him in a good light.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people are saying that James cannot let go of Strictly but there seem to be a lot of people who can't let go of James. They read his tweets and interviews and then complain about them. It's not that he's unavoidable is it? So I don't understand. If I don't like someone I just turn the page and not search to find them on twitter.

Also Strictly was part of James's life for quite a few years. His obsession is a bit more justified than ours.

Brilliant post and imo it sums up the situation perfectly.
  • Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    One persons "mouthing off" is anothers making informed and justified comments. He isn't pushing his opinions down your throat, you have to go looking for them.........so just don't!

As for him touting Ola's calender around like a pimp.....couldn't he just be incredibly proud of her and everything she does? I think they are both forthright, honest people trying to earn a living so if you don't like what he has to say move away from his Twitter page ffs!
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zabe wrote: »
    One persons "mouthing off" is anothers making informed and justified comments. He isn't pushing his opinions down your throat, you have to go looking for them.........so just don't!

As for him touting Ola's calender around like a pimp.....couldn't he just be incredibly proud of her and everything she does? I think they are both forthright, honest people trying to earn a living so if you don't like what he has to say move away from his Twitter page ffs!

At the end of the day, we're all entitled to our opinion. James expresses his opinions publically, so it's fine for people to comment, positively or negatively.
  • Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    At the end of the day, we're all entitled to our opinion. James expresses his opinions publically, so it's fine for people to comment, positively or negatively.

Absolutely!! I just don't understand why people who get so enraged by what he says keep going back for more. It's not like it can't be avoided.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zabe wrote: »
    Absolutely!! I just don't understand why people who get so enraged by what he says keep going back for more. It's not like it can't be avoided.

Exactly I would not waste my time looking at what James was saying if I did not like him.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now just you stop being so reasonable! :p
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now just you stop being so reasonable! :p

I'm always reasonable. FACT! :D
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always reasonable. FACT! :D

Touché! :p
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The salient point is that the BBC can dump anyone they choose from this programme any time they like, even if they are popular (and they have) and James certainly was too.
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody was watching for Bruce but he's a treasure and just because James Jordan is dragging him into the argument is no excuse to have a go. Focus, people, it's James Jordan who's the dick not Bruce.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member

I wasn't going to post in here but had to say how much I agree with you, very well said :)
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that deep inside James is extremely upset and enjoys keeping the link with the programme via twitter.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity did CBB generate any career breaks for James Jordan in his quest for world domination?

Have I missed all the lucrative job offers rolling in? What is he actually doing with his days at the moment beyond going to the gym and playing golf? Is he a sort of house husband whilst his wife goes out to earn their crust?

And why is he giving his SCD opinions away for free on Twitter? Surely somebody wanted to employ him as a roving reporter and pay for his services? Or not?

Which surely only leaves a SCD exposé / mud slinging autobiography left now?
  • Options
    Anne_CameronAnne_Cameron Posts: 4,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I believe they were careless with Bruce and Artem leaving not to try to preserve more continuity. In my opinion, more effort should have been made to keep James in house (ITT?) and to retain Anya as a dancer.

Plus they've gone slick with the pro dance techno-palaver, which adds to a feeling of straying away from the core idea.

Personally, I think Arty's departure is key. A lot of people watched for him. But it's early in the series... Way too early to call it a success or a dud.

Totally agree! Artem was a big loss to the show and he is such an amazing dancer. Aljaz is possibly the one to watch in terms of dancing now, but I do find that some of the pro dancing is a bit iffy and more SYTYCD than Strictly.

When I was present at a show in September this year my friend and I both remarked on the way that the pro dance routine (The Frozen one) was far too technical. Shot in very small segments of 20-30 seconds and then edited to look as though it was all done as one for transmission the following week. Not really the Strictly spirit at all!
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Strictly is dead no Artem, not one of those Pro male dancers on it now has it for me many of my friends feel the samel he is really missed :(
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Was Artem really a big deal? I get he was popular on his first series with Kara but then he got Holly, who I think Brendan did much better with in one week than he did all series then there was Fern who was meh and who did he have last year?
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't missed Artem at all :blush:
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would miss Artem a lot more than I have done. I see that he is fitting in very well on dwts and think maybe it was best for him to leave strictly and be where he wants to be. He seems to have a great partner on there too.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nor me, but then I wasn't at all keen on him.
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither have I.

Not his slightly petulant personality, his apparently avant garde choreography, his lovingly burnished pectoral muscles or his ridiculous teeth. :)
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither have I.

Not his slightly petulant personality, his apparently avant garde choreography, his lovingly burnished pectoral muscles or his ridiculous teeth. :)

That's not Artem ;-)