Options

HTC wildfire - just got yesterday can anyone help?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
Forum Member
hi
always had nokia's so this is all new to me! got a few questions with the htc wildfire, wondered if anyone could help.
Is there a way of saving notes somewhere?
how do you add additional numbers to an existing contact?
can you add a photo to a contact?
how do I delete things that I have inadvertantly saved on the front screen?
any answer to any question would be appreciated hate not being able to work out how to do it!
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's widgets for that. Download it from htchub. Go to add a widget to the homecreen of choice and choose "get more".

how do you add additional numbers to an existing contact?

Go to phonebook choose to view and edit contact, there should be a plus symbol to add another phone number, email address etc etc in each section.

can you add a photo to a contact?

See above, alternatively choose the photo within the gallery and choose the option to add to a contact.

Hold your finger on it, then drag to bottom right where "remove" has appeared.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    chisches wrote: »

Download COLORNOTE from the app market its the best one out there IMO and free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chisches wrote: »

Press and hold of the icon you wish to delete then drag it to the 'remove' icon at the bottom of the screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted, clear concise instructions! really helpful! I'm a bit of a techonophobe!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I suggest that you have a look on youtube. There are a couple of really excellent tutorials that got my mrs up and running and believe me she is a complete technophobe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    There are a couple of really excellent tutorials that got my mrs up and running and believe me she is a complete technophobe.

I am willing to bet the OP's husband or boyfriend has the desire or similar. I dont know what it is but everyone i come across lately their wife/gf has the wildfire and their other half the larger model i.e. desire.
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there is an app that lets you watch youtube or listen to mp3 clips online on an htc wildfire s?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alsmama wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is an app that lets you watch youtube or listen to mp3 clips online on an htc wildfire s?

Yes the youtube app.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    arm1 wrote: »
    I am willing to bet the OP's husband or boyfriend has the desire or similar. I dont know what it is but everyone i come across lately their wife/gf has the wildfire and their other half the larger model i.e. desire.

that was my setup until 2 days ago, now ive sold the desire and brought a sgs 2
    the missus seems well gutted with her wildfire now :D

if anyone's considering getting a galaxy s 2 do it, it makes the desire seem like a piece of crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the youtube app.

Ah hmm I seem to have that! But like if I click on a link on fb that should show a yt clip it says this clip can't be seen on mobile. And if I click on a mp3 link on a website it won't play either ... despite my having the youtube app on phone ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alsmama wrote: »
    Ah hmm I seem to have that! But like if I click on a link on fb that should show a yt clip it says this clip can't be seen on mobile. And if I click on a mp3 link on a website it won't play either ... despite my having the youtube app on phone ...

Thats because the person who uploaded the clip has selected that the clip can't be played on mobiles. When you upload clips to youtube you can select if/if not you want the clip to be available on mobiles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gouldy26 wrote: »

if anyone's considering getting a galaxy s 2 do it, it makes the desire seem like a piece of crap

It should do, its twice the price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    It should do, its twice the price.

Practically four times the price of the wildfire aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    HTC Wildfire, Desire, Samsung Galaxy or what ever dont you just wish you had waited a little longer till you could afford a real Gem of a mobile phone - the Fab iphone 4 which does all you have asked and more - deep down everyone and and I mean everyone who has an android phone regrets accepting second best and wishes they had an iphone 4 !
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HTC Wildfire, Desire, Samsung Galaxy or what ever dont you just wish you had waited a little longer till you could afford a real Gem of a mobile phone - the Fab iphone 4 which does all you have asked and more - deep down everyone and and I mean everyone who has an android phone regrets accepting second best and wishes they had an iphone 4 !

I think you need to move your hand over a bit, The signals gone funny. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

You can always say that about mobile phones. If you just wait the next big mobile always comes along. I'm happy with my desire and will keep it until my next upgrade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's silly. If I'd wanted an iphone 4 I'd have got an iphone 4!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    gouldy26 wrote: »

:D.
    When i suggested/showed my missues the wildfire in CPW the first thing she said was why is mine smaller than yours. She ended up buying the iphone4 just to try and go one better.
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Wildfire, and am quite impressed with how much it CAN do, for people like me on a smaller budget, HTC are without a doubt the best phones to look at...plus...Angry Birds is free on Android ;)
  • Options
    cavemanjamescavemanjames Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tell Steve Jobs to take it out. It's not good that you let him do this to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve Jobs makes a fortune from muppets like you. Move along troll.

HTC > Apple any day of the week.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why on earth would I want to spend money on an old design phone which has inherent faults.
  • Options
    Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine on Wednesday and am starting to get my head round it!

If I use You Tube, will it be free of come out of my internet allowance?

Yes, I know I AM stupid :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

depends, if you are using wifi then it won't come out of your allowance, if you using 3G then yes it will.
  • Options
    lisa02lisa02 Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:mad: You are not stupid.

Youtube uses data. Connect to a wireless network (wifi) to save your mobile allowance and keep an eye on your allowance via your mobile operator's website.