Have They Given Up On Sam Bailey Already?

dicky123dicky123 Posts: 226
Forum Member
Louis said something recently which made me think Sam Bailey had already been consigned to the dumpster...

Louis Walsh: "There has absolutely been disappointment about winners in the past. But then the public pick, and if they pick people like Sam Bailey or that awful Steve Brookstein, then there’s nothing we can do."

After the winner's single... don't they usually spend a year recording the album and then launch it proper during the live shows? If they were preparing this kind of thing with Sam, why would Louis say such a thing?

Also, her Twitter feed in the last 3 months... she's been tweeting pictures of her cleavage and things... really funny things... that just don't fit with the whole Syco-grooming-future-star- thing... It crossed my mind that things may not have been going well recently and then I read that quote... Do you think they were annoyed she got preggers?

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it?

Will be interesting to see if she comes back to perform during the lives.

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very few of the winners of this show dont seem to have any longevity, other than Alexandra Burke, and Leona Lewis.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole pregnant thing has definitely thrown a spanner in the works but I don't think they've given up on her yet. She's just not their top priority.

Her debut album may have been riddled with covers and marketed for mothers day but it stil went to number 1. Regardless of sales, a number 1 looks brilliant for an artist.
  • dicky123dicky123 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Good point. I forget she had an album out already. Isn't that unusual for a winner? Don't they just have the single - then the album comes out later on in the year? Can't remember. I think Little Mix, James Arthur, etc... didn't their albums come out later?

Why would they rush Sam's out? Do you think they anticipated that the public wouldn't be interested for long? (wrongly or rightly)
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was never destined for super stardom. She won at the age of 37 and has little to no originality. She is not marketable
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dicky123 wrote: »

Why would they rush Sam's out? Do you think they anticipated that the public wouldn't be interested for long? (wrongly or rightly)

The whole aim of ensuring Sam won was to target the Mother's Day market. This is usually the market for 2nd place singers such as Jahmene.

That is was an album of covers really shows how little interest they had in her, just a quick cash cow and then thrown away. Her pregnancy would also angered Syco as they have a history of pushing acts off the show as soon as they discover the pregnancy.

It seems that most of the Syco funding will be used to hype Ella Henderson and their new 8 piece boyband so Sam Bailey won't have much of a look in.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love when Louis says stuff like this yet is seen clapping like a seal each week to her performance and telling her he wants her to win over his own acts.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will slowly disappear...shame as she will be the first female flop winner
  • dicky123dicky123 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    It is a shame as she's an amazing singer. I'm surprised they still don't try and push her to a different audience - the SuBo fans or even as some new kind of Jane McDonald... or would that hurt the X Factor brand, do you think?
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    She is a capable singer but utterly devoid of charisma or the "X" factor - not surprised
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As always the voters are not the music buyers when the latest worthy cause is done voters just move on to the next one
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    they are replacing her with the Italian guy from this years show
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really surprised Louis would say that, if she's still signed to Syco Simon won't want him criticising her
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    She was never destined for super stardom. She won at the age of 37 and has little to no originality. She is not marketable

And looks about 47.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member

Indeed. Don't get me wrong, she was very best of a very bad bunch from last year and the only deserving winner but a label like Syco did not want her as an X Factor winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Don't get me wrong, she was very best of a very bad bunch from last year and the only deserving winner but a label like Syco did not want her as an X Factor winner.

So why did they push her as "the winner" every week?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    She is a capable singer but utterly devoid of charisma or the "X" factor - not surprised
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    As always the voters are not the music buyers when the latest worthy cause is done voters just move on to the next one

All of the above. As we've seen time and time again, the people who vote in these shows are not the people who spend money on music, gigs etc.

Year after year, bland and vanilla wins the show but the acts that Cowell has already decided he can market get promoted while the winners disappear quietly - obviously with 1 or 2 exceptions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dicky123 wrote: »
    she's been tweeting pictures of her cleavage.

Are they good pics ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    So why did they push her as "the winner" every week?

Because she was the only deserving winner last year? The rest of the contestants were tragically bad last year.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winning is it now, once the series is over then that is that. The winner gets an album and they do a tour then it is put to bed till the next series.

Unless they get someone/someones who they can really push and milk like One Direction there is no point wasting time or money on someone who will fail to be a long term commercial success.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very few of the winners of this show dont seem to have any longevity, other than Alexandra Burke, and Leona Lewis.

Little Mix say hello....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she was the only deserving winner last year? The rest of the contestants were tragically bad last year.

It was actually because she's mates with Max Clifford who put her forward to Cowell a couple of years ago, and they dropped all the good singers before the lives to give her a free ride.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix say hello....

Lol...so bad...so bad...just an awful Syco hyped mime act.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/66930-x-factor-little-mix-cd-blamed-for-clogging-sewers-in-yorkshire.html
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that Louis says alot of things ,most of it rubbish!. Sam Bailey has been other wise engaged with the new baby. Getting pregnant at the time wasn't the right time especially after just winning the show.

In Sams case it is all about making the most of the lime light because she knows and we all know that it won't last.

Least she has been given a chance, and has done okay in her brief period of being in the lime light.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...she's been tweeting pictures of her cleavage .

Why :confused:
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

2 platinum Albums, sell out arena tour, 2 top 10 U.S albums and success across Europe, Japan and Australia beg to differ.

Hate all you want but you can't take away their success lol.