Options

Horrible Iceland Advert :-(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh Dear :-(
I've been in Berlin for a while and trying catching up with TV
How embarrassing is the Iceland advert with P/A
I did try to do a search and couldn't find anything on DS !
Personally I don't like the advert, apart from the fact I don't like him, the advert is a bit silly.
Would he shop in Iceland ? Take a bus ? Or put a bag of frozen peas in front of his face !!
Is this a good advert ?

Comments

• Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you expect from a man who would sell his own farts in a bottle if he thought he could market them?
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    My son commented on it tonight; said "As if Peter Andre shops in Iceland and buys something for 89p, more like a Waitrose delivery for him"

Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    My son commented on it tonight; said "As if Peter Andre shops in Iceland and buys something for 89p, more like a Waitrose delivery for him"

Lol.
    I found KK more believable for the Iceland advert :-)
    Glad it wasn't just me thinking he was actually on his way to Waitrose x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    What do you expect from a man who would sell his own farts in a bottle if he thought he could market them?
    I would have to say, this would put me off Iceland :-(
    It's not really believable is it ?
    I would worry one he is gong to drag his poor little kids in if it fails .
    The advert is a bit cringy
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to say, this would put me off Iceland :-(
    It's not really believable is it ?
    I would worry one he is gong to drag his poor little kids in if it fails .
    The advert is a bit cringy
    Andre is the embodiment of Iceland. Plastic bland, crap that wishes it had taste and credibility, peddled by a man who thinks singing Christmas songs in October is cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Andre is the embodiment of Iceland. Plastic bland, crap that wishes it had taste and credibility, peddled by a man who thinks singing Christmas songs in October is cool.
    Ewwww please say he isn't releasing a xmas crap song :-(
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Crap adverts ! As for shopping at Iceland wonder if the same applies to Lorraine Kelly shopping at jd Williams or Ronnie Corbett having Wiltshire farm foods
    delivered?

Anyone see Len goodman with a trolley in farm foods or Ricky Tomlinson carrying bag loads of farm food onto a bus ;)
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Crap adverts ! As for shopping at Iceland wonder if the same applies to Lorraine Kelly shopping at jd Williams or Ronnie Corbett having Wiltshire farm foods
    delivered?

Anyone see Len goodman with a trolley in farm foods or Ricky Tomlinson carrying bag loads of farm food onto a bus ;)

Ant and Dec going to Morrisons. Twiggy getting her clothes from M&S. The list is endless.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree.

Andre is a revolting individual whose desperation to remain 'famous' knows no bounds.

After Katona, Andre just confirms who Iceland are aiming at
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This thread will get canned like the other one lol
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Peter Andre shops in Iceland. I really can't see it.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with being in an advert if it makes you quite a bit of money. Unless, of course, it's about something that you're against. That would be very hypocritical.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't shop in Iceland and he doesn't catch the bus home. The whole ad is rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they only put factual adverts on telly, there would be no adverts.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewwww please say he isn't releasing a xmas crap song :-(
    Worse! An entire album :( but unlike 89p Iceland offal burgers, it won't sell. For some bizarre reason, his fans buy calendars and tat, but not his music :confused:
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably, even his fans have ears then!
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Worth try to search "Peter Andre Iceland" on Twitter. With many funny tweets!

The only thing less believable than Peter Andre going to Iceland is Peter Andre getting on the bus with his Iceland shopping
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even Peter Andre could put me off their cream sponge, jam & cream doughnuts and bags of stir fry. Not to mention 3x3litre bottles of coke for a fiver - take you 1.7lt's and stick 'em Tesco. :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Andre makes the use of Katona/Stacey Solomon etc in the Iceland ads seem believable, and thats saying something.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But lo and behold, you can guarantee our Pete has long since cottoned onto the fact there's a vast army folks that BUY into this z-list cheesefestery via Big Brother, Celeb Jungles and reality shows. He understands his audience, like Katie Price understands her's.

It will all die a death when people work out that over-bronzed (orange, to the rest of us), gold chain encrusted, slack-jawed reality luvvies from Essex are actually not all that relevant.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Totally agree.

Andre is a revolting individual whose desperation to remain 'famous' knows no bounds.

After Katona, Andre just confirms who Iceland are aiming at

Agreed, and I cannot believe that this ghastly creature has a thriving Appreciation thread which always seems to be at the top of this Showbiz Forum. :o
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, and I cannot believe that this ghastly creature has a thriving Appreciation thread which always seems to be at the top of this Showbiz Forum. :o

Makes a change from Katie being top spot. :D
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »

They were well matched, I find them both equally repellent. ;-)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    They were well matched, I find them both equally repellent. ;-)

Same here. Price & the Essex lot are just as bad.

As for Andre, these tacky ads make me never want to set foot in one of their stores
  • Options
    babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    You guys take life too seriously , it's just a bit of fun advertising .
    As if the big names advertising M & S clothes wear them daily ;-).Or Ant and Dec do a weekly shop at Morrisons :kitty:
    Iceland know what they are doing , look at everyone talking about about Iceland products at just 89p and all the other bargains to be had there, too numerous to list .They'll be loving this thread . Job done .