Options

Alien: Colonial Marines

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Is there any links to other negative reviews? I have the collectors edition pre-ordered and I dont want to waste that much on another crapfest like Rebellion's Aliens v Predator.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Man, I'm telling you, I got a bad feeling about this game"
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You always say that Matt. You always say, 'I've got a bad feeling about this game'."
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game over man game over!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh, how about we try that."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to keep this handy for close encounters!!
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the collectors edition pre-ordered and I dont want to waste that much on another crapfest like Rebellion's Aliens v Predator.

Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let's not make snap judgments

:D

you should read

This
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/383097/previews/xeno-blast-hands-on-with-the-aliens-colonial-marines-campaign/

This

http://www.gamesradar.com/aliens-colonial-marines-campaign-hands-great-aliens-experience-it-great-game/

There are flashes of potential greatness here. Our brief stalk-and-hide session in that small room showed that just a handful of Xenos can make a satisfying encounter when smart environmental design incites more interesting behaviour. Gearbox told us on the day of our demo that the Aliens’ navigation of the environment will be where their AI shines, so here’s hoping for much more of that sort of thing in the final game.

& This

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13643-Aliens--Colonial-Marines-Hands-On-Preview---Another-Day-in-the-Corps.html

All the indications are that Aliens: Colonial Marines is set to be a solid if unremarkable shooter that makes occasionally great use of the license. We’re more than happy to play a game like that, but coming from a developer with the track record of Gearbox we could expect more

for now, they're just previews.......... not even Beta testings.....

Lets hope Gearbox and their solid track record (well Half Life series) can turn this into something fabulous

The multiplayer co-op should be made into something amazing........ something where you really need to trust your team mates and pick wisely.....

And besides.........using Alien Colonial Marines as a premise, means lots and lots of different settings, levels, locations and scenario's etc can be opened
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some bad things are starting to pop up but if i'm being honest this is a game i've been looking forward to for so long that no about of bad reviews would talk me out of it

Ever since i first watched aliens i wanted a sequel that followed the colonial marines and didn't focus to much on one overrated character (blasphemy i know but we all have opinions)

This game is that sequel and the only decision that i need to make is PS3 or WiiU
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that game play video those aliens looked weedy, scurrying along the floor waiting to be killed. In the movies, they're big menacing creatures, not seeing it in the footage.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Hoping for a midnight launch at Game.

they mostly come at night... mostly
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched a video on Youtube of some gameplay footage.....it looks OK at best :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    leaked today on xbox and ive only read negative comments about the game so far from people that have played.

Horrible graphics horrible gameplay
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne B wrote: »
    leaked today on xbox and ive only read negative comments about the game so far from people that have played.

Horrible graphics horrible gameplay

That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed it had been leaked yesterday. The game is only something like 6.5gb which is pitiful. No wonder Sega and Gearbox kept the game tight under wraps for so long.

Oh and you have to pay for the Horde mode which is coming as part of DLC in March. LOL

And on that note I'm out and contemplating cancelling my pre-order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it can't be that hard to make a decent alien game they did it in the past :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Surely it can't be that hard to make a decent alien game they did it in the past :(

I would of been happy with a re-skinned HD version of AvP2 from the PC. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Hah! The game looks bad, no Aliens stylee banter just grim faced, chiselled jawed Colonial Marines acting super serious.

No acid damage from the xenos, the pulse rifle sounds awful, the graphics are really inconsistent and the game just looks clunky, a bit like Alien Resurrection, but the clunkiness in that game lended itself well to the atmosphere and gameplay.

Also, I read elsewhere that human enemies turn up not long after the beginning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the general consensus is that the game is utter drivel. This is coming from fans of the franchise and casual gamers.

Dated graphics, tearing and jaggy edges, woeful AI, sound FX being weak, sub-par story, riddled with bugs (not the Xenos :p) and glitches, no tension or atmosphere and is just a generic run and gun shooter.

I've cancelled my pre-order now. I'll wait a few month until it comes down to £10-£15.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this. Hope it has real horror and suspense like the film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chamcha wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Hope it has real horror and suspense like the film.

It hasn't.
    On the second mission you start fighting human mercs. They've CoDised the game.

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I noticed it had been leaked yesterday. The game is only something like 6.5gb which is pitiful. No wonder Sega and Gearbox kept the game tight under wraps for so long.

Oh and you have to pay for the Horde mode which is coming as part of DLC in March. LOL

And on that note I'm out and contemplating cancelling my pre-order.

Im still giving it a go. The amount of times i've read people say games are rubbish and i have actually enjoyed them. Resident evil operation raccoon city is an example i can think of.

Im not playing it until after ive finished dead space 3 though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    It hasn't.
    On the second mission you start fighting human mercs. They've CoDised the game.

:(

Wasn't it originally going to be a tactical squad shooter?

It really can't be that hard to make a decent Aliens game surely?

Also, I see the horde mode won't be ready until the DLC, so does that mean the L4D vs mode won't be ready until then too, or is it shipping with the game?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne B wrote: »
    Im still giving it a go. The amount of times i've read people say games are rubbish and i have actually enjoyed them. Resident evil operation raccoon city is an example i can think of.

Im not playing it until after ive finished dead space 3 though.

Good luck. :D

It's almost a complete different game to the one they showcased at E3 2011 which I thought was fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Wasn't it originally going to be a tactical squad shooter?

It really can't be that hard to make a decent Aliens game surely?

Also, I see the horde mode won't be ready until the DLC, so does that mean the L4D vs mode won't be ready until then too, or is it shipping with the game?

No I think the 4 on 4 mode is still being shipped with the game.

No bots though, so for those playing it offline are going to get bored very quickly.