Can't delete weekly schedule

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
I have previously set up a weekly recording option but I can not now delete it. When I press OK on the item in the schedule, the item opens up but I can't move off the Cancel button in order to delete it. Have I accidently locked it and if so, how can I unlock it. Thanks

Comments

• ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had that problem before with daily recordings as well, I just leave it a couple of hours and it always becomes editable/deletable in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanhaymes wrote:
    I have previously set up a weekly recording option but I can not now delete it. When I press OK on the item in the schedule, the item opens up but I can't move off the Cancel button in order to delete it. Have I accidently locked it and if so, how can I unlock it. Thanks

I have experianced this a couple of times, normally after I have manually stopped a pre programmed recording and can only be cured with a reboot (I haven't waited a couple of hours so I don't know if that works)

This "can't delete schedule" problem is normally accompanied with the "thinks it's still recording" problem so I now avoid stopping a pre programmed recording at all costs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    redrob2 wrote:
    This "can't delete schedule" problem is normally accompanied with the "thinks it's still recording" problem so I now avoid stopping a pre programmed recording at all costs.

Aha! that explains why I got the TISR bug which prevented last week's Sopranos from recording (fortunately I spotted it and "taped" the early hours rerun - which, interestingly, was scheduled to be 15 mins shorter - I hope that's due to less ads rather than editing the prog itself!) Can't remember what I stopped early but I do remember cancelling a scheduled recording that night

It is the first time i've had that bug since testing the autopadding the day the release it was on was OTA'd

Regards

David
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David B wrote:
    which, interestingly, was scheduled to be 15 mins shorter - I hope that's due to less ads rather than editing the prog itself!

A few months ago I was recording the late night repeats of NYPD Blue on More4 and they were usually broadcast with no ad breaks :)

Bargain!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Thank you redrob2 - the reboot solved the problem which I've been stuck with for weeks. Cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I wish I would have looked at this thread a week ago! Our problems started with this a few weeks ago when it wouldn't delete something scheduled. Then it happened on another one and another one. And then on Saturday night, nothing recorded at all (it showed them all with the error sign next to them). Anyway we turned off & on again - which caused us to lose everything recorded but it seems to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone know what causes this? could it be because we had a pretty full disk with a huge amount of recordings on it (around 70)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carolinegb wrote:
    I wish I would have looked at this thread a week ago! Our problems started with this a few weeks ago when it wouldn't delete something scheduled. Then it happened on another one and another one. And then on Saturday night, nothing recorded at all (it showed them all with the error sign next to them). Anyway we turned off & on again - which caused us to lose everything recorded but it seems to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone know what causes this? could it be because we had a pretty full disk with a huge amount of recordings on it (around 70)?

It was probably caused by a mixture of a previous bug that could mess up your recordings list and the "thinks its recording" bug. There is a fix to the first but it really needs a disk format after applying the update to stop the damage already done being an issue in the future. The fix to the second one will be released probably next month in the new software. The fix for this is also contained in the .08 update posted on Humax web site whichis an option if you can connect your PVR to your computer. If you haven't done so already and while there is nothing on your disk, reformat your hard drive to clean it. Then if possible put .08 software onto it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Thanks Marc, what would I do without you - you've always come to my rescue :)

I've only just seen this and I've got a few bits recorded now - so I'm going to watch them ASAP then re-format as suggested.

As far as updates are concerned, I so don't think I'll be able to do the computer versions so I'll have to wait until it's transmitted.

I'm also going to put the machine in standby every night now - I've no idea if that will make a difference, but I guess most machines need a rest every night (at least I'm sure it won't do it any harm).

Over all though I still give the Humax top marks and three big cheers - we've only had a couple of problems with it so far and all of them have been fixable. (Considering we'd been through about 5 machines of different makes before this!). I'd still recommend this machine to anyone, any day :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redrob2 wrote:
    I have experianced this a couple of times, normally after I have manually stopped a pre programmed recording....

I had to stop a pre programmed recording the other night so I waited as long as I could in the hope the padding would run out before the next programme started.

What I noticed was that once the daily programme got past the EPG finish time the record setting moved down in the list to the next day. I then stopped the recording manually and all was OK. From this limited observation I would say it is safer to wait until padded time if you really need to stop a recording, I might test this when I have noting else scheduled.

BTW, if you were wondering my emergency stop was so I could record "Who do you think you are" with Nigella Lawson, I love (or should that be lust over) Nigella ;)