Best Breakfast Shows?

chimpanzeechimpanzee Posts: 121
Forum Member
A Breakfast presenter is a completely different animal to your average daytime jock... Who do you think are the best breakfast presenters in UK radio at the moment?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    easy... Moyles.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    easy too......Evans on Radio 2 by miles
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Lucio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Shaun W Keaveny
  • Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    moyles by far, But i suppose it depends on your age. im 35
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Hirst
  • 96.6TFM-Sean96.6TFM-Sean Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    TFM Radio - Wake Up with Wyan.

No longer on the air - special mension to Graham Mack in the Moring, and Tom Davis @ Breakfast.

Radio 4 - Today is good as well
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Chris Moyles! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    For me, Moyles.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get Christ Evans at all, his fake enthusiasm and blandness annoys me.

Moyles is really good, I look forward to him in the car.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Moyles, but if he's not on then Neil Fox on Magic. I used to love Nick Ferrari, but he became too serious and newsy a few years ago.
    Forum Member
    can we not add a poll to this thread to see what the outcome is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    chimpanzee wrote: »
    A Breakfast presenter is a completely different animal to your average daytime jock... Who do you think are the best breakfast presenters in UK radio at the moment?

I think Real Radio northwest breakfast 105.4fm with Ditchy, Salty, Debbie, Lisa and Laura is by far the best breakfast show on the radio. If I had to give an award out for the best breakfast show it would go to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    chimpanzee wrote: »

Interesting...of course different peoples tastes will dictate whom they like the most, here's my thoughts:

Nationally

Moyles R1 then Evans R2 and John Humphreys on R4

Locally

Great Shows from Big John @ Hallam, Tony Horne @ Metro, Hirsty's Daily Dose @ Capital Yorkshire and Nick Ferrari on LBC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    TFM Radio - Wake Up with Wyan.

No longer on the air - special mension to Graham Mack in the Moring, and Tom Davis @ Breakfast.

Radio 4 - Today is good as well

Tom Davies @ Breakfast returns on Star Radio North East very soon, replacing Mark Thorburn who is now Drive on Sun FM...Nick Jordan is currently covering Breakfast untill Tom joins from GMG's Real Radio North East.
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Moyles. If you don't like Moyles or want more music, as I do sometimes, Smooth is good with Simon Bates. It's available nationally on DAB radio and locally on FM (100.4 in NW).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    The Chris Moyles Show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Sara Goddard on Tudno FM
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Moyles (loving how we are all moyles fans after the s***t he gets on hre!

As he is on holiday i am putting Magic on in the mornings to wake me up slowly with nice music then in the car flicking between the stations for the songs

but i prefer moyles im his friend in the morning i want to know what he has got up to, laugh with him and ye
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    i dont like any of the breakfast show hosts :( i prefer the daytime presenters where its mainly music
  • andy2010andy2010 Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Twiggy and Emma from Capital FM East Midlands... Twiggy has been on the station (formally Trent FM) for about 15 years now, he used to have me in stitches some morning when I lived in Nottingham! Extremely under-rated!
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Moyles Moyles Moyles all day long!
    I'm really missing him...especially after listening non-stop for a few days last week.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Moyles. When he's off, Keaveny on 6.
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt The Chris Moyles Show. Forth One's Boogie in the Morning is also a pretty good listen.
    Forum Member
    You just know radio 1's breakfast ratings will plumet when chris leaves. they would be mad to let him go any time soon.