Three sending out 4G texts

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Sony Xperia Z1 is £45 on One Plan with Three.
    Seems the monthly cost for all new 4G phones is going up at Three!

Source please? :)

According to Three's press release you are wrong-
    You will be able to pre-order the Sony Xperia Z1 from tomorrow at Three with an upfront cost of £99 with various 24 month contracts. The Ultimate Internet 500 plan costs £34 a month and offers 500 minutes, 5000 texts or the Ultimate Internet 1000 costs £36 a month and offers 1000 minutes and 5000 texts, both with All-You-Can-Eat data.

Despite there being no one plan mentioned i can guess it'll be £38pm + £99 upfront.

But yes, you're correct in that there are stealth increases to Three's price plans in terms of the extra couple of quid per month and the higher upfront charge.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess these texts and emails are only coming through to people with 4G ready devices. I have a Nexus 4 and haven't heard anything.

As for o2 and their texts, it is nice to see they're on the bleeding edge of mobile technology...
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    That's funny. I just got a similar text from O2 about their network plans.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/O2_zps361a7f26.jpg

Oh O2 crack me up with their 3G plans :D
  • ironlegironleg Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I guess these texts and emails are only coming through to people with 4G ready devices. I have a Nexus 4 and haven't heard anything.

As for o2 and their texts, it is nice to see they're on the bleeding edge of mobile technology...

I have a Nexus 4 on a sim only monthly one plan and had the text this afternoon, so I guess everyone will get it eventually! I'm glad I took the £15 a month offer a few months back.
  • JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tarzion wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody's noticed it but three have stopped giving cashback via TCB and Quidco...

I also noticed that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh O2 crack me up with their 3G plans :D

You have no idea how much I laughed at this :D
  • LadFromWales85LadFromWales85 Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Source please? :)

According to Three's press release you are wrong-

Despite there being no one plan mentioned i can guess it'll be £38pm + £99 upfront.

But yes, you're correct in that there are stealth increases to Three's price plans in terms of the extra couple of quid per month and the higher upfront charge.

Yep £38 and £99 up front is also an option.
    No source sorry. I rang them up and asked on the 5th as it said on site can pre order on phone or store!
    That along with £45 and nothing up front were the two offers I got when I called to upgrade.
    Forum Member
    Yep £38 and £99 up front is also an option.
    No source sorry. I rang them up and asked on the 5th as it said on site can pre order on phone or store!
    That along with £45 and nothing up front were the two offers I got when I called to upgrade.

£45pm with no upfront cost is pretty high tbh.

The £38pm is alright compared to their previous price plans but the £99 upfront is a bit too much. Although i know for a fact that a lot of Three's *New* phones this month are going to have high upfront costs.
    Forum Member
    So £45 an unlimited data with 4G for 98% by end 2015.
    Or £46 for 10 GB with 4G for 98% by end 2014.

Whether they keep to these times remains to be seen!
    Forum Member
    So £45 an unlimited data with 4G for 98% by end 2015.
    Or £46 for 10 GB with 4G for 98% by end 2014.

Whether they keep to these times remains to be seen!

Bear in mind EE's new customer pricing is going up at the end of this month. Where as Three's will likely decrease with the Xperia Z1.

Obviously that means nothing if you buy the phone on release day.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha very good!:D
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yes. I did actually nearly wet myself.
    :)
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    tarzion wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody's noticed it but three have stopped giving cashback via TCB and Quidco...

Three are going to need all the cash they can get the way they're going. No good giving it away now.
    It's going to be really interesting to see how this "free" LTE pans out.
    Good luck to them I say. It's like David and Goliath.
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Three are going to need all the cash they can get the way they're going. No good giving it away now.

Well tbh it's just Quidco and TCB who have stopped the cashback. Yet Three are still paying all other affiliates just fine.

I don't understand why Three would continue paying other affiliates yet not pay TCB or Quidco.
    Forum Member
    Bear in mind EE's new customer pricing is going up at the end of this month. Where as Three's will likely decrease with the Xperia Z1.

Obviously that means nothing if you buy the phone on release day.

Any source for this? Not seen it myself!
    Forum Member
    Any source for this? Not seen it myself!
    4GEE Summer Promotion

On 17th July EE will be launching a summer promotion offering double speed 4G and greater data allowances for consumers.

Customers who sign up to a 24 month 4GEE phone plan before 30th September 2013 will receive both double speed 4G and data allowances which are double, triple or even quadruple the size of the standard plans1 for the duration of their contract. Existing customers can take advantage of the bigger data allowances offered during the promotion by upgrading their plan to the next price point.

The promotional offer is available on a range of plans, starting from £26 per month for 500MB, up to 20GB for £51 per month, all with unlimited UK calls and texts. Separate plans for small business customers are also available.

https://explore.ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/ee-launches-next-generation-services-on-world-s-fastest-network
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Just thought is mention that 3 have a PAYG bundle of pay £15 and get 300 minutes any network, 3000 texts and all you can eat data.

Without a bundle, it is 3p per texr, 2p per minute and 1p per MB.

All the above apply to 4G as well, and the 321 price thing has just launched, so i doubt the price will change.

I i was going down the 4G route, id much rather buy a 4G phone off ebay, then use the £15 topup per month.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    EE prices.. umm yeah. We'll see.
    Forum Member

So you're saying they're going to stay the same?

I think they might change a bit based on the fact these are promotional prices at the moment. Or do you think/know that EE are going to keep these promotional prices/triple data as permanent? Plus i thought they're going to start charging extra for double speed?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're saying they're going to stay the same?

I think they might change a bit based on the fact these are promotional prices at the moment. Or do you think/know that EE are going to keep these promotional prices/triple data as permanent? Plus i thought they're going to start charging extra for double speed?

If they planning keep same sort of prices they need at least have a 3GB/4GB option as at Moment it goes from 2GB to 10GB that seems quite a leap.
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Just had a look at that page. I can't believe they won't be offering 4G over here even in 2014!! Crazy! Completely neglecting their NI customers.

Having got 27 megs download on their 3.9G network on the Dublin Road in Belfast just the other day, I'm not too bothered.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is three any good?
  • Andrew_RigneyAndrew_Rigney Posts: 17
    Forum Member

Very funny :):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »

I can imagine if they did decide to put up prices to gain money for the 4G rollout they still would want to undercut the prices offered by the other networks.
    Forum Member

Any expansion on your original post?

Oh and i'm glad the O2 joke got a good response haha :D