Options

Fallout

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I wasn't expecting it end like that! I thought someone was gonna get sent down or killed, but I guess it's true to life as alot of those crimes are unsolved...
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy B wrote: »
    I think I saw her on BBC3, but yeah she is familiar.

She was in Spooks, as the nanny who slept with Adam and looked after Wes in Series 5.
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More info on the actress who plays Shanice at this link. She's called Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/tv/v/5102-gugu-mbatha-raw-fallout-interview.html

Oh yes! That name rings a bell, didn't she play Martha's sister in Doctor Who? And yep as someone else said she was on one of the pilots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Anybody read this in the Guardian about a month ago? - http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jun/08/knifecrime.ukcrime

It was a letter written by Lennie James, who played Joe, in relation to all the teenage knife carriers and their crimes. An interesting read.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was also in doctor who, i think that is where i saw her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Dewey used to be in the Bill as Lewis
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this, seemed very raw in places, and probably quite realistic (although I wasn't brought up on a council estate, so I have no idea really)

Trouble is, Joe's character never really developed, we didn't get to see much of his side of things- he just drifted around, glared at people, and flipped out 'just like that' several times. A bit more focus on his character would've really helped us understand him more.

Great acting all around though, really good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 does Dramas like this brilliantly, Lennie James is hugely underrated, he is a briiliant actor who deserves more credit.
    Powerful stuff and the scene with the the mother and shanice was very moving
    Well done c4
  • Options
    cas90cas90 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    It is really good, there should be more shows like this on tv.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this was brilliant and so glad i decided to watch this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was really good, too. I expected more from the ending, I wanted to know what would happened to the girlfriend and her friend, Emille, Joe... but I had to remind myself that this is meant to be a portrayal of knife crime today and that things aren't always solved and worked out. :(

I did think it was a bit unnecessary for the pretty girlfriend and Joe to have this "will they won't they" storyline but I suppose they have to sex it up somehow....
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I watched this with my mum it was really good I thought they would have resolved it at the end but I'm glad they didn't as it made it more real. Oh and is there anyway at all of seeing a cast list as I'm sure I've seen some of them before and want to know where.