Panic Attacks while driving.

2»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jon8769 wrote: »
    Of course, sorry you did say and I didn't read the post properly. I shall get some of it and give it a go. Where do you get it? Chemists like boots? Holland and Barratt type health shops?

Thanks.

Yeh, those shops stock it. It has gone up in price recently and you should get a 20ml bottle for about £6.50. It's a small bottle but you do only need 4 drops on the tongue at a time. Good luck!
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    I used it got it from boots but never helped me as I need stronger stuff
    good luck with it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lambing wrote: »
    Yeh, those shops stock it. It has gone up in price recently and you should get a 20ml bottle for about £6.50. It's a small bottle but you do only need 4 drops on the tongue at a time. Good luck!

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I've suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since I was about 16 (now 23) and motorway driving was always one of my major triggers. It's only now, after a year or so of braving the motorway occassionaly, that the symptoms when driving fast have subsided. And in reference to the fact that you're limited about where you can stop, or even slow down on the motorway, I can can completely sympathise! :)

I'm not sure I'm going to be much help, but I found that looking much further into the distance while driving on the motorway helped a lot. I had a habit of peering at the speedometer too much and, without really noticing it, the sight of the road blasting pass at speed in front of the bonnet.

I hope you feel better soon.