Why Didn't BONO Boycott The BBC.....

2»

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ha :D love a bit of Bono ridicule.

I'd love to have seem the other members of the band when he did that, bet they were pi$$ing themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    hehe ... it is a great clip of him falling off stage.

I notice he wasn't wearing his lucky hat at the time - of course, he never risked travelling without it again choosing to fly it first class.

The 10 commandments of Bono

We've already had one laptop per child, I'm just waiting for a "one palm smart phone per child" initiative from Bonio (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/3917110/U2s-Bono-invests-100m-in-Palm-smartphones.html) :rolleyes:
  • Nought2SixtyNought2Sixty Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_vv12NSSZ4&feature=related

This is great - GW Bush singing Sunday Bloody Sunday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Vertigo starts "Uno, dos, tres, catorce" which is "One, two, three, fourteen". How am I supposed to trust a man on Africa when he's too lazy to check how to count to four in Spanish in one of his ridiculous songs.
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Vertigo starts "Uno, dos, tres, catorce" which is "One, two, three, fourteen". How am I supposed to trust a man on Africa when he's too lazy to check how to count to four in Spanish in one of his ridiculous songs.
    Naah. That was Bono counting all the money he's saved by being a tax "avoider".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my god, I just googled that and you're right!!! I can't believe no-one's noticed that before!! And what you've done - which is just brilliant - is justified a reason to attack him for his charity work using a quote from one of his songs!!! There's no way that lyric would have been written, tried, tested, and then recorded without someone pointing that out! He probably does think that that's what 'four' is in Spanish, but now that you've taken the time to write here and point that out, I bet he's feeling pretty silly. But thanks for mentioning it, it's like satire has been born again through you!! And especially because Vertigo is a recent song - ok, it's not really - but it's still a biting comment. That's definitely an ouchie for Bono, and you have also made yourself look like quite the wit. It's win-win.
  • Nought2SixtyNought2Sixty Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be honest i think he does it on purpose