V remake

2»

Comments

• Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazzx wrote: »
    Read the whole paragraph. You know? What more than one sentence is comprised of?

I was so inspired by that scene that I wanted to be Juliette in my playground games. (I also had a crush on her)

But I'm a boy - so I chose to be Ham Tyler instead to spare myself all the ridicule and a lifetime of social problems!

I was allways martin my mate was donavan we used to go down the woods have plastic melting on a stick pretending it was a laser :D

100% true ;)
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read a whole paragraph instead of just one sentence.

I did.

You may not know this but it's common practice to only quote the part of another person's post that you want to directly address. It saves space. It means you can get more people's posts in one page.

Why would I want to quote an entire post when I only want to address one sentence? It doesnt mean I havent read the whole post, it's just that the rest I either agree with, dont care about or in the the case of the post I'm quoting right now, a rather long winded pompous attempt to be funny on your part that's best ignored. Just because someone hasnt quoted your whole post doesnt mean they havent read it.
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any news on when the pilot will be available anywhere?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I can't wait - all the characters have changed but it looks really good. I'm glad it's only 13 episodes - they seemed to have learned from recent British sci-fi successes that less is often more. This is promising to be major "event" TV - if they were brave enough, they should do a Torchwood and run it every night for two weeks.

I really liked the 4400 - and this is by the same production team.

Even though I'm male, I loved the scene in the original where Julliette heroically stands pointing her tiny little gun at an incoming Visitor fighter. Still gives me goosebumps. So when I "played" V in the playground, I always wanted to be Julliette but went for Ham Tyler instead for fear of being laughed at forever!

I saw V the same week as I saw Star Wars for the first time on TV. What a great week that was!

Anyway - the reason I'm excited about this show is that the trailers show a very scary scene where the visitors turn their spaceship into a massive TV screen and Anna doles out the propaganda!

I'm not sure I would be so trusting watching that massive scoreboard in the sky.

Anna looks gorgeous and very trustworthy and also very human in an "other-worldly" sort of way. Perfect casting.

In this day and age, we trust pretty faces to run our countries rather than ugly people who have the tools for the job. It's perfectly believable that most people would be taken in by her and be all too willing to go along with her friendly rhetoric.

There also seems to be a theme where all of the Visitors look beautiful and have a very intelligent demeanour, as if they're human but several thought planes above us.

lol - I can't wait for this, as you can tell.

PS. I loved the original Battlestar when I was a kid too. The remake was just amazing though, the acting was outstanding from the entire cast and the stories were gripping. As long as we get the same here, I'll have no complaints - even if it in no way resembles the original V.

EDIT: Hmmmm - actually. Wouldn't you be suspicious if a brand new civilisation visited our planet, looked just like us, and had English names like Anna and Keith.

I loved that bit where Julie pointed her gun at the shuttle as well, that was just a classic scene all in all. i still cry at the but where Roberts wife is dying and he thinks that the kids are dead too, and then they turn up just as he is about to shoot himself. but then I am a bit of a sap:o
    V still remains my fave 80's series and I really hope they do it justice. From what i've seen so far they will do (fingers crossed!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »

You may not know this but it's common practice to only quote the part of another person's post that you want to directly address. It saves space. It means you can get more people's posts in one page.

QUOTE]

Whoops!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana gave me the right horn as a kid. Bet she'd be a right autoritarian minx in the bedroom;)
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^

As above :D
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    jane badler and june chadwick gave me the horn, i so wanted to see them in a steamy lesbian scene.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched some trailers... looks good but Tom from 4400 is in it. He's a sci-fi Jonah, I'll gve it 2 seasons :D
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so if Tom and Summer where in a series i guess it wont make it past the pilot! guess dollhouse now is doomed if she is gonna join that...
  • Options
    TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a video report on imdb listing the characters and interviewing the cast, no footage from the series, though. :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    sugapunksugapunk Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tadpole wrote: »

That trailer is old, saw that back in June.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, had not seen a link to the trailer on this thread before.

Apologies for getting peoples' hopes up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Tadpole wrote: »
    Sorry, had not seen a link to the trailer on this thread before.

Apologies for getting peoples' hopes up.

You do know that V has now been nrought forward from the mid season to November right??

We've been discussing it on here:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1097103&highlight=abc+v
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane badler and june chadwick gave me the horn, i so wanted to see them in a steamy lesbian scene.

Yeah ditto & Faye Grant too :D
  • Options
    grazza2agrazza2a Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if a UK broadcaster has picked up the rights yet?
  • Options
    zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any one has announced picking this up yet but I would bet Sky1 go for it.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    I don't think any one has announced picking this up yet but I would bet Sky1 go for it.

either them or Sci-Fi(or Sy Fy as its soon to become)