Official web based Android app store arrives

alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty excellent, actually. OTA syncing is very quick - I selected an app, hit INSTALL, accepted the permissions and the app was downloading before I'd even got my phone out of my pocket and woken it up.

Nice to be able to browse on the big screen, even if the latest improvements to the market on the small screen mean that that's not a ballache any more either.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats quality
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I've been looking for, cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks good, however I can't get it to show anything but the paid for apps - no free ones!

And another thing - how do I pay for apps if I wanted to buy something? That goes for buying on the marketplace on the handset as well as this
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluechang wrote: »
    It looks good, however I can't get it to show anything but the paid for apps - no free ones!

And another thing - how do I pay for apps if I wanted to buy something? That goes for buying on the marketplace on the handset as well as this

Just click on the tab fro free apps

and Google Checkout
  • lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!

Really impressed with this.

It's nice to be able to browse through the apps on the laptop as well as the phone and I really like that it shows me what I've already got installed on my handset. I also like that I can click install on my laptop and it just does it on my handset without the two being connected physically.

What a great addition to the Market.

As for the free apps, I got loads up, just clicked Top Free and plenty turned up on screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just click on the tab fro free apps

and Google Checkout

tried the clicking onto the free apps tab and got nothing but paid for apps.

andthanks for clearing the payments query up for me.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of interesting info on it here.

http://www.betanews.com/article/New-Android-market-shows-the-future-is-in-deviceagnostic-app-stores/1296851465?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bn+%28Betanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN%29

Between the lines I can see a need for the dreaded firmware protection like on some of the new Motorola phones.
    There is also hints at a future where google and others could be selling apps for all of our google registered devices, be it IOS, Symbian, Windows, OS/X etc
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is fantastic. The tight integraiton between web and phone is one of the things I llike best about Android.
  • chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one problem, you can't sign in with a google apps email account, a bit rubbish as my phone is set up with one :(

EDIT: apparently they're working on it

http://twitter.com/AndroidDev/statuses/32880741960384512#
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaos77 wrote: »
    one problem, you can't sign in with a google apps email account, a bit rubbish as my phone is set up with one :(

EDIT: apparently they're working on it

http://twitter.com/AndroidDev/statuses/32880741960384512#

I can sign in with my Google Apps account, although a while back I did transition the account to their 'new infrastructure'.. maybe that's what you need to do.
  • chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan 8t1 wrote: »
    I can sign in with my Google Apps account, although a while back I did transition the account to their 'new infrastructure'.. maybe that's what you need to do.

thanks for that, it appears that my account is not transitioned, others in the domain are.

One or more of your accounts cannot be transitioned at this time. We will notify you when these accounts can be transitioned