Options

Warrior magazine

Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone else remember this little gem from the 80s?

I managed to pick up some back-issues in 1989ish, but was never able to compile a complete collection until a few years ago.

Classics like V for Vendetta, (looks both ways) *hushed tone* Marvelman were published therein, and you can really feel that this was when we had the pinnacle of eclectic creativity in British comics.

I've been re-reading them lately and have been inspired to write some Future Shocks for 2000AD, but daren't send them off in case they're rubbish! :eek:

Comments

• Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loved Warrior. I still reread them about once a year. It was such a shame it ceased publication so quickly.
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axel Pressbutton was superb!

I actually know Dez Skinn who edited Warrior. Great bloke!
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I used to think "V For Vendetta" was superb, but I never saw the original "Warrior".
    Steve Parkhouse did a fantasy serial for it called "the Spiral Path" that was supposed
    to be pretty good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Axel Pressbutton was superb!

I actually know Dez Skinn who edited Warrior. Great bloke!

So do I. Dez has been very supportive of projects of mine in the past. He reads these forums occasionally, too. Hi, Dez!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think "V For Vendetta" was superb, but I never saw the original "Warrior".
    Steve Parkhouse did a fantasy serial for it called "the Spiral Path" that was supposed
    to be pretty good.

It was. It was reprinted in colour a few years later by Eclipse Comics.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy them all the time and still have plenty of the originals. It was a real stepping off point for British talent going from 2000AD into the international market.