An idea about 'The Question'...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
Forum Member
Sorry if something similar to this has been posted before. I rewatched Let's Kill Hitler the other day, and something occured to me that I didn't pick up on the first time I watched the episode. Teselecta Amy states that The Silence are a religious order; an 'academy of the Question'. This to me suggests that the Question is the name of a person, a creature or, like the Silence, a movement or entity of some kind as opposed to a question in the typical sense. Somehow I feel Dorium's "Doctor Who?" conclusion is a bit too obvious, especially considering this is Moffat we're dealing with here. Anyone agree?

Comments

• AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible. But I think while Moffat has a lot of fun messing with our minds a lot of the twists get worked out by some fans. There were a lot of people on this forum who correctly predicted that River would be Amy and Rory's kid.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Regardless of what they're said to be an academy of, they are explicitly said to be preventing the asking of the question, and that wouldn't make any sense unless it were an actual question-type of question.