Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 256)

Comments

• Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    This is what I want too.

I also wanted the whole angsty wedding and the drama being about whether Zainab and Masood would attend or not. However now they have accepted thier relationship and appear to be on good terms with Christian, it would be both regressive and unneccasary for EE to go down this route. Christian and Syed both have Zainabs blessing so it makes sense that she would support them at the wedding.

ITA on Linda. I would luuuuuve for her to return, not only to see some lovely son and mother scenes but you know herself and Zainab will spar.. and it will be comedy gold. I don't want to get my hopes up too much on that though. Alternatively, I'd like some last minute wedding jitters from the pair. Nothing to serious but to see some of thier insecurities come to the fore- realistically written - but those fear and qualms being squashed when they realise how much they love each other, why they're doing this and remembering how far they've come. They've beaten the odds! I too, just like you, just like Johnny :D want Chryed's wedding to be all about them and thier love for one another. :D

I don't necessarily think that Zainab would be supportive straightaway and I don't think it would be regressive if she did have reservations about it. I mean, it's one thing accepting your son's boyfriend into the family, but also accepting their wedding too? It might be a step too far for Zainab. So I could see her wishing them well with it but being unable to take part. at least initially. I've always had this idea that she can't take part in it at first but then starts itching to get involved but trying to pretend she's not interested but then being unable to pretend any longer and totally taking over :D:p
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I don't mind a little bit of angst, like seeing Zainab and Masood struggle a little still with the idea of a marriage, but I think the wedding day itself should be a happy occasion - and for it to actually follow through :sleep::D
    Yeah this I don't mind. Accepting a gay relationship is one thing. Watching your son marry another man, is another leap.

I don't have any real objection to them struggling with this on the day. TBH, I expect at least some uneasiness from Zainab. In spite of accepting Christian and his relationship with her son, I doubt that her whole belief system has changed over night.

I just don't want any 'I can't come to wedding because it's wrong' kind of drama. Instead I'd like to see Zainab talk about her feelings, whether thats to Syed, Christian or even Masood.

I'd like to see Christian see that Zainab is struggling with this and them having a chat - not in a best buds sort of way but just both accepting that while they'll never be best freinds, they can move forward.

I think deep down, regardless of Syed's happiness, Zainab would always be happier if Syed was marrying a woman. She's finally grasped the enourmity of Christian and Syed's feelings for each other and she knows it's the real deal. She no longer blames Christian. However I think a part of her will always yearn for the perfect family picture she's always invisioned for Syed.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily think that Zainab would be supportive straightaway and I don't think it would be regressive if she did have reservations about it. I mean, it's one thing accepting your son's boyfriend into the family, but also accepting their wedding too? It might be a step too far for Zainab. So I could see her wishing them well with it but being unable to take part. at least initially. I've always had this idea that she can't take part in it at first but then starts itching to get involved but trying to pretend she's not interested but then being unable to pretend any longer and totally taking over :D:p

Yes, this is what I meant but probably didn't explain it very well.

Basically, I think it would be regressive if Zainab would be adopting the same attitude that she did last year. "It's wrong...Christian it's your fault...you're not part of the family" That sort of thing.

I just don't want the bulk of the drama leading up to thier big day to revolve around Zainabs willingness to attend or not.

I expect her to still have issues about it, and I expect those issues will always be there but any sort of reservations she does have, I should hope the writers have shown some growth in her development this past year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh God Derek and Tyler, kill me now :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the beginning!

Evening :)

Thanks for the vid and pic Laura :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that Max & Jay are getting on now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! :)

Must have started early tonight, I missed the beginning. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get out of the gym Jean :(

Is Michael not living with Janine, i'm confused?
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrrrghhhh late.

Sorry and HELLO:D

Aaaaand its .......Derek.

And Jean falling for Michael's manipulation:(

Don't feel cheery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »
    Hey everyone! :)

Must have started early tonight, I missed the beginning. :(

It did I missed it too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian - throwing and throwing himself down a hole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did I missed it too!

I was watching Emmerdale heh heh. Turned it over and was greeted by Derek and Tyler. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Michael living now?
    Arrrrghhhh late.

Sorry and HELLO:D

Aaaaand its .......Derek.

And Jean falling for Michael's manipulation:(

Don't feel cheery.

Hello :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Michael living now?

Hello :)

Hello darling.

Ian totally skinto.

And losing it.

Max being a brick.

With a great, great ass.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian is making me sad :(
    I was watching Emmerdale heh heh. Turned it over and was greeted by Derek and Tyler. :sleep:

Snap :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Ian :(
    Hello darling.

Ian totally skinto.

And losing it.

Max being a brick.

With a great, great ass.:D

Haha, it's not bad is it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh Ian :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really worried about Ian.

Poor, poor Ian, mad, sad, deluded and desperate. And really scared as well.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear EastEnders,

It doesn't matter how many times you try and show Derek being nice, I'm never going to like him.

Love Gotcha

:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello hello hello... just quickly rushing through
    Hope you're all alright... :)

Ian reminds me of how he was - desperate is a word that comes to mind - when he was so frantic about marrying Mel, and all the lies and self-delusion that happened then....

Worried about him.... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear EastEnders,

It doesn't matter how many times you try and show Derek being nice, I'm never going to like him.

Love Gotcha

Hah. This!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never believe Derek doesn't have an ulterior motive.

He's a twister.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Hello hello hello... just quickly rushing through
    Hope you're all alright... :)

Ian reminds me of how he was - desperate is a word that comes to mind - when he was so frantic about marrying Mel, and all the lies and self-delusion that happened then....

Worried about him.... :(

Hey :) I forgot about that!
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear EastEnders,

It doesn't matter how many times you try and show Derek being nice, we're never going to like him.

Love Gotcha & demented

bibs - fixed that for you :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mandy :(
This discussion has been closed.