• maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh...............................lol

I believed it too:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    well said Benedict!

That's what I like, a nice informative thread with all the relevant information supplied. :confused:
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lydia is one cold fish!!!

Ye she is, and devoid of all sense of humour. What does her very famous fiance see in her?
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the best BB task of all time after the original 'stay in the box' task. It was so Derren Brown.
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    bystander wrote: »
    That's what I like, a nice informative thread with all the relevant information supplied. :confused:

Me too. I haven't a clue what the thread is about. Could somebody explain please :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    lauren was good little actress wasn't yes
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the obvious irony of this task. :D
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    I thought they were smart enough to figure out it was fake. They could have just been pretending in the Diary Room after.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaNnAhzzzz wrote: »
    lauren was good little actress wasn't yes

She was !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bystander wrote: »

Sorry, I assumed everyone was watching it.
  • Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mary03 wrote: »
    Me too. I haven't a clue what the thread is about. Could somebody explain please :confused:
    And to me please just got in and its so confusing please can someone explain to us thankyou :)
  • Eric A BlairEric A Blair Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    I thought they were smart enough to figure out it was fake. They could have just been pretending in the Diary Room after.

No they weren't pretending.

For all his bravado Benedict isn't as clever as he likes to think he is. OK he might know facts for the subjects he use to teach but he is not brilliant at reading or getting on with people. That takes emotional intelligence - something he seems to be lacking a great deal of
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that Benedict did not previously know of the Milgram experiment.

I can appreciate the younger ones not knowing of it, but a former teacher ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their acting was fabulous, I believed it completely. Excellent task!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I can't make a synopsis of the programme,whilst it's being aired, every time I post.

However, 3 of them had to answer questions, and another three had to electricute them if they answered incorrectly. They were screaming with pain and it was awful. In the end the tortureres said we cant do this it's horrible. But the twist was that the three screaming in pain were acting and it was their task to get the other three to stay no stop, we can't do it anymore, so the task was passed.
  • weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    Can't believe no-one has come across the Milgram experiment.... one of the best known experiments into scientific ethics ever conducted.
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but I can't make a synopsis of the programme,whilst it's being aired, every time I post.

However, 3 of them had to answer questions, and another three had to electricute them if they answered incoreectly. They were screaming with apsin and it was awful. In the end the tortureres said we cant do this it's horrible. But the twist was that the three screaming in pain were acting and it was their task to get the other three to stay no stop, we can't do it anymore, so the task was passed.

Thanks GF, that's a fair summary. I didn't mean to criticise, I was just keen to know what all the excitement was about. :o:D
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    magsy56 wrote: »
    I cannot believe that Benedict did not previously know of the Milgram experiment.

I can appreciate the younger ones not knowing of it, but a former teacher ...

I know! And he was cruellest of the lot of them too!
  • cleanprophetcleanprophet Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    That was the best BB task of all time after the original 'stay in the box' task. It was so Derren Brown.

It's a classic psychological test that was first used over 40 years ago. Back then, you didn't see the people you were shocking, you just heard them. The test was designed to see how people can conform to authority even in the face of something very unpleasant. It was rightly heralded as a great insight into human behaviour. BB made good use of it, but I thought one of the "scientists" would have got onto the experiment and realised what was going on.