Ticks on Dogs

burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
Forum Member
✭✭
Dog owners should check their dogs for ticks at this time of the year. The warm damp conditions have caused an increase in the ticks and dogs can pick them up from long grass. My vet suggested a spot-on flea and tick treatment which works for 3 months.

I bough a flea and tick collar but my vet said it was a waste of money.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Which Flea and Tick remedy are you using? Frontline?
    If so its only one month for ticks prevention and 3 months for Fleas.

We've had a couple of Ticks on our lady recently but we have to have her on Adovate as we have a serious slug issue in our garden and we are more concerned about lungworm a the moment, shame they don't do one that combines the 2!
  • carascaras Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maddiemoo wrote: »
    Which Flea and Tick remedy are you using? Frontline?
    If so its only one month for ticks prevention and 3 months for Fleas.

We've had a couple of Ticks on our lady recently but we have to have her on Adovate as we have a serious slug issue in our garden and we are more concerned about lungworm a the moment, shame they don't do one that combines the 2!

We've used frontline, but recently had to remove a tick. Last month our Lab went in to be spayed and didn't stop bleeding, she was fine in the end, but the vet did a blood test for lungworm. It came back as negitive, but its on the increase, especially in the West country. We've changed her worming tablets as a result.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used Frontline Plus. I bought 3 months supply.