Options

Anyone not like 300?

Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
Forum Member
I thought the film was very one dimensional and superficial particularly with the amount of CGI.

Comments

• Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I prefer crumpets to teacakes.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I thought the film was very one dimensional and superficial particularly with the amount of CGI.
    How could the hefty use of CGI be deemed superficial when it was obviously vital to how they wanted the film to look?

I loved it, btw. Sparta! Sparta! Dine in hell! etc. An absolute hoot.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

It was meant to look like that as it was based on the Graphic Novel, (or comic)
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...... whatever, it turned spartan homosexuality into hollywood male bonding ......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was crap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Not a patch on Gladiator. The score alone propels Gladiator above 300, yet alone the narrative, acting, cinematography and above all else, the characterisation.

The battle sequences were also more historically accurate with a very decent attempt at depicting a flanking manoeuvre during the opening act.

But even Gladiator pales in comparison to the likes of Lawrence of Arabia, Ben-Hur and Akira Kurosawa's Ran.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a patch on Gladiator. The score alone propels Gladiator above 300, yet alone the narrative, acting, cinematography and above all else, the characterisation.

The battle sequences were also more historically accurate with a very decent attempt at depicting a flanking manoeuvre during the opening act.

But even Gladiator pales in comparison to the likes of Lawrence of Arabia, Ben-Hur and Akira Kurosawa's Ran.

Was the gas canister on the back of a chariot historically acurate too? ;)
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How can you compare gladiator with 300??

Its also not a patch on the never ending story
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    How can you compare gladiator with 300??

Its also not a patch on the never ending story

They're both regarded as 'swords and sandals' epics. In fact it was Gladiator that revitalised that dead genre, paving the way for the likes of Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, Alexander, Centurion, The Eagle, 300, King Arthur and so forth.

But that genre has been seemingly exhausted again and 'Biblical' epics are set for a return with Spielberg's Gods and Monsters, Aronofsky's Noah and Goliath all in the pipeline.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're both regarded as 'swords and sandals' epics. In fact it was Gladiator that revitalised that dead genre, paving the way for the likes of Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, Alexander, Centurion, The Eagle, 300, King Arthur and so forth.

But that genre has been seemingly exhausted again and 'Biblical' epics are set for a return with Spielberg's Gods and Monsters, Aronofsky's Noah and Goliath all in the pipeline.

300 is based on a graphic novel and on fantasy and myths and monsters and was filmed entirely in front of a blue screen..techincally and and stylistically and story wise they are a world apart
    300 is better compared to somthing like clash of the titans.
    (which it was much better than)