Will Self on Question Time.

13»

Comments

• SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than some pretend moderator trying to police a thread. Hitchens is mentioned by the OP. People have responded to that mention. That's something you'll just have to accept whether you think it's 'appropriate' or not.

Policing ? Pretend Moderator ? Nothing worse than.. ? I'm flattered. Or were you just laying on the irony too ?

You missed out the word I used after 'appropriate' (I wonder why ?) - 'weightings' - the meaning of my full phrase now does not preclude anyone's comments.
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Hitchens is an interesting fella. He moans about 'liberals' and their views dominating shows etc, yet he seems to be on the BBC nearly every day. Listening to him you would think everyone is after middle-class middle-aged white guys. Bizarre.

Ironic really, when his main arguement is that as a white, middle class man no one will listen to him!
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I never get a chance to have my say' is most certainly a legitimate argument for the right wing bigot Hitchens to use. But when he is on TV in the most important political discussion programme on TV, for an hour, allowed to say whatever he wants, it really is a bit stupid. Are his supporters all brainless?