Options

Where has TV Greatest Christmas Moments gone?!

fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
Forum Member
I could've sworn I had this on record at 9pm tonight - just gone to have a look and it's disappeared from the listings?! I think it was on channel 4 or 5?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    more4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    reglip wrote: »
    more4

Nope, that's 'The 100 Greatest Christmas Moments' hosted by Jimmy Carr, the programme I'm talking about was not hosted by anyone and was specifically about TV Christmas Moments.
  • Options
    jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    According to TV Guide its on a t 9pm

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=5&gridspan=03:00
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was supposed to be on C5 but CSI is on instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jaydogz wrote: »
    According to TV Guide its on a t 9pm

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=5&gridspan=03:00

Bizarre, CSI has just started instead :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Was looking forward to it too. No explanation. Any betting it had Jimmy Saville clips in it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "A change to the advertised scheduel" but didnt say why
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I just looked on their site and it still shows as being on. I was looking forward to this.:(
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was due to be shown on Christmas day as well, we shall see if it 'disappears' then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Their website did have it listed as next one today at 9...it has since changed to being shown Tuesday at 10pm. How bizarre...
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came on here to ask the same thing, both Freeview and VM tv guides and www.ch5.co.uk say it's still on
    jaydogz wrote: »
    "A change to the advertised scheduel" but didnt say why
    Where did you see that?
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I've seen it before and it had Savile on Top of The Pops. Strange though, they could have just edited it out.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really confused! I was really looking foward to this! Turned over to more4 instead but its on till 1am and im not sure i can be bothered to stay up that late :/
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen it before and it had Savile on Top of The Pops. Strange though, they could have just edited it out.

Did the show have a countdown format? Perhaps the thought was it would look a bit odd if, to use a theoretical example, No.23 (featuring Saville) was missing?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it helps, there's a "100 Greatest TV Moments" on More4 which started from 9pm until 1am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    If it helps, there's a "100 Greatest TV Moments" on More4 which started from 9pm until 1am.

So far the More4 programme doesn't seem to be as comprehensive as the Channel 5 programme I was expecting. Hopefully there will be more specific Xmas moments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Did the show have a countdown format? Perhaps the thought was it would look a bit odd if, to use a theoretical example, No.23 (featuring Saville) was missing?

Perhaps because they would have had to edit out 10 to 15, it would have been more noticeable...:rolleyes:

Was also looking forward to this too, so am a bit peed off.. still, it brought me here, so every cloud an all that..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    I came on here to ask the same thing, both Freeview and VM tv guides and www.ch5.co.uk say it's still onWhere did you see that?

The announcer said it.
  • Options
    casualty1casualty1 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to this also :(
  • Options
    djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres not much on'telly tonight!
  • Options
    hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    surely if it was to do with savile they would of pulled the show before now strange
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this programme was shown last year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    djleekee wrote: »
    Theres not much on'telly tonight!

its desperate......TV is even worse tomorrow night aswell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It is a shame. I was hoping to tune into it whilst wrapping Christmas presents. I've ended up watching a repeat of Gavin & Stacey instead...

Would be nice if they could give us some clue as to why it has been scrapped. My Freeview EPG still has it listed as being on, so that is clearly behind the times lol.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I could've sworn I had this on record at 9pm tonight - just gone to have a look and it's disappeared from the listings?! I think it was on channel 4 or 5?

:confused:

Same here.
    bgtension wrote: »

If this is the reason, perhaps they didn't realise until the last minute.
    tiddytasha wrote: »
    Their website did have it listed as next one today at 9...it has since changed to being shown Tuesday at 10pm. How bizarre...

The Virgin Media EPG has a double bill of CSI: NY listed at 10 and 11pm, followed by Slaves In The Cellar at 11.55pm and then from12.55 onwards :confused:
    aliaslotte wrote: »
    It is a shame. I was hoping to tune into it whilst wrapping Christmas presents. I've ended up watching a repeat of Gavin & Stacey instead...

Would be nice if they could give us some clue as to why it has been scrapped. My Freeview EPG still has it listed as being on, so that is clearly behind the times lol.

Still showing as being shown now on the Virgin Media EPG.

I wonder what the Freesat and Sky EPG's say.