Options

bt pay and call service?

does anybody know where i can get information about bt pay and call or does any body have this service that can tell me more. :)

Comments

• Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its sh*t you can't have broadband on it
    if you have a problem you cant sort it out like say you have a problem with a call cost you cant get it sorted.
    you dont get a bill which in onee way is good but sometimes it is.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have said try bt.com, but I see the problem :(

Oh well, if BT can't index their pages, that shouldn't stop you viewing them

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Exch_Lines.boo/1612.htm

HTH :)
  • Options
    sony ps2sony ps2 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    thanks for that the information was very helpfull cheers at least someone can help bt didnt have a clue :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this a while ago & not having a bill is great I love that aspect of it but apart from that - its c*ap.

As someone else said you cant get Broadband, and there are several other services you cant get too. Be vary wary of any advice BT give you as I wasnt told about most of the pitfalls until after Id registered for it by which time it was too late.
  • Options
    playmeplayme Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on it when my bill was huge and i thought that it was brilliant apart from the fact you couldnt get broadband otherwise I would still be on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this a while ago & not having a bill is great I love that aspect of it but apart from that - its c*ap.

As someone else said you cant get Broadband, and there are several other services you cant get too. Be vary wary of any advice BT give you as I wasnt told about most of the pitfalls until after Id registered for it by which time it was too late.
    It's a pity you didn't check the terms and conditions *before* you signed up.

The ELIGIBILTY section clearly states Pay & Call is not available in conjunction with broadband, and numerous other services.

Pay & Call is designed primarily for those customers who have difficulty in maintaining payments on a traditional BT credit account, although anyone can choose the service. If you can afford broadband, you can afford BT's normal credit account.

If you classify Pay & Call as "c*ap" based on not being able to also have broadband, then I assume you classify BT's Light User Scheme likewise :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have broadband from ntl but i want a phone line where i know what i use is what i spend so bt pay and call is good for me if i want a fixed phone line i will have one i mean its not like i cant afford it i run my own company i just dont want it. thanks to everyone for there help :)
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovekrys wrote:
    if you have a problem you cant sort it out like say you have a problem with a call cost you cant get it sorted.

Of course you can still query call charges on the account.

Do you honestly think that BT don't keep a record of the calls made that they can send to you or raise a query against? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    m691m691 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    The pay and call service is only for those who experience problems paying their bill, have a poor credit history or who has a very low income.

To find out more call 0808-100-5152 and ask for BT pay and call.

No information is listed at bt.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m691 wrote:
    The pay and call service is only for those who experience problems paying their bill, have a poor credit history or who has a very low income.

To find out more call 0808-100-5152 and ask for BT pay and call.

No information is listed at bt.com
    :confused:

The link I posted towards the top of this thread is from bt.com.

Whilst it is designed primarily for those customers you describe, BT do not restrict it to only those customers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    m691 how do you figure that one i can have a normal line if i want but why should i let my family run up a big bill i have a perfect credit rateing as i said i own my own firm i make just over one million a year so what do you have to say to that if i have freinds to stay round and they use my phone ive got no big bill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m691 wrote:

No its not! I have pay & Call. Ive always paid my phone bills & my income isnt low. I opted for it by choice as I liked the idea of 'topping up' and not having a quarterly phone bill. Pay & Call is available for anyone at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dawson wrote:
    It's a pity you didn't check the terms and conditions *before* you signed up.

The ELIGIBILTY section clearly states Pay & Call is not available in conjunction with broadband, and numerous other services.

I was offered this facility when I called BT on a completely unrelated matter. I didnt 'sign up' it was all done over the phone. The advisor was very selective in what he told me.
    Pay & Call is designed primarily for those customers who have difficulty in maintaining payments on a traditional BT credit account, although anyone can choose the service. If you can afford broadband, you can afford BT's normal credit account.

I can afford the BT normal credit account perfectly well thanks, I just thought this was a good idea. By the time I realised the downside (when they sent me out the paperwork) it was too late & they wouldnt cancel it.
    I have been disputing it from the outset as I lost my Callsign number too, another thing they didnt tell me, tho I got it back after several months of pestering the life out them.

If you classify Pay & Call as "c*ap" based on not being able to also have broadband, then I assume you classify BT's Light User Scheme likewise

You assume wrong as I dont know anything about the Light User Scheme - odd assumption :rolleyes:

MY OPINION, which I believe Im still allowed, is due to my experience of this service is its c*ap and Ill be cancelling it at the first opportunity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down dear! :p:D

"Signed up to" = "Agreed to" (unless you want to be pedantic). I'm sure BT confirmed in writing what you verbally agreed to, they usually do.

Also, I did say:
    dawson wrote:
    ...although anyone can choose the service...
    so I never implied it wasn't your choice. I was just explaining why BT even offer the scheme.

BT Light User Rebate Scheme is designed for those users who rarely make outgoing chargeable call, so allows them to have a residential phone line at low cost by refunding the customer an amount based on how little they actually use the phone. Again, it was introduced to allow those on a low income to have access to a residential line, but again is open to any BT customer who wants it (subject to a few conditions)

One of those conditions is that you cannot subscribe to the scheme if you have/want broadband, the theory being if you can afford bb, you can afford the normal telephone line rental charge.

As you appear to classify services that prevent you from having broadband as 'c*ap' then it would be entirely logical to assume that you would consider the BT Light User Rebate Scheme as 'c*ap'.

Btw, what's keeping you on this 'c*ap' scheme? Why haven't you already reverted to a standard credit tariff as this service clearly doesn't meet your specific needs?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. If that is that all services that prevent you from having bb are 'c*ap', fair enough. If you consider it is just the Pay & Call service that is 'c*ap', fair enough.

My opinion, fwiw, is that Pay & Call is ideal for that small group it was designed specifically for. I have no idea why you were encouraged to take the service by BT; it is not a service BT freely offer normally as they make more money from their standard tariffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dawson wrote:

Btw, what's keeping you on this 'c*ap' scheme? Why haven't you already reverted to a standard credit tariff as this service clearly doesn't meet your specific needs?

The fact its a 12 month contract.. something else the sales person neglected to tell me. Id never sign up for anything via the phone again with BT unless it has a cancellation clause. The advisor didnt tell me various aspects of the service, and it was only when I got the confirmation in writing that I realised the potential problems. The moment my 12 months is up Ill be cancelling it & reverting to a much better scheme.
  • Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally still think it's wrong that the only option for the majority of the population to receive remotely affordable broadband is that they need to pay BT full whack for Line Rental each month even if they don't want a landline.

Surely the money each independant ISP has to pay to them for each customer should be enough?

I think allowing Pay & Call customers to have BB is a fair compromise....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote:
    Of course you can still query call charges on the account.

Do you honestly think that BT don't keep a record of the calls made that they can send to you or raise a query against? :rolleyes:
    they don't you have to sort it out yourself, like say you order say a day pass on sky and it don't go thought you have had it.
    as you don't get a bill and bt don't wanna know they say its your problem.
    i know cos i have had that problem loads of times, and all bt say is its on your last ten calls made on the 14252. but sky will not take that as you can easier do that yourself and its not in writing.
    so it sounds like you don't know much about the account
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    did you know that on pay & call if you run out of credit and go in to a negative account ballence then the 12 month contract starts again so say if its a week before you 12 month contract is up and you run out of credit then your 12 month contract would restart over again :(

sony ps2 wrote:
    does anybody know where i can get information about bt pay and call or does any body have this service that can tell me more. :)
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovekrys wrote:
    they don't you have to sort it out yourself, like say you order say a day pass on sky and it don't go thought you have had it.
    as you don't get a bill and bt don't wanna know they say its your problem.
    i know cos i have had that problem loads of times, and all bt say is its on your last ten calls made on the 14252. but sky will not take that as you can easier do that yourself and its not in writing.
    so it sounds like you don't know much about the account

BT still keep the log of calls, they have to, for legal purposes. They cannot simply wash their hands of call information.

I think I know a hell of a lot more about the Pay and Call service than you, considering who I work for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote:
    BT still keep the log of calls, they have to, for legal purposes. They cannot simply wash their hands of call information.

I think I know a hell of a lot more about the Pay and Call service than you, considering who I work for.
    oh ok but i know what it is like as i'm on the bloody thing and i hate it.
    and yes they do say they cant find anything as its not on there systems, so they say anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    BT Pay and Call is pretty crappy, but it isn't impossible to ditch it. After much arguing with BT and staying on hold with their customer service ( all of whom have a different answer to the same question ) you can cancel your contract for a charge of £18 only. This obviously leaves you with the problem of having a phone ... But both the Post Office Home Phone service and TalkTalk can offer line rental now, so you can in theory switch to one of them to provide your line.

I'm trying to do it right now, but because of assorted other problems ( TalkTalk decided to process my broadband application first, and because you can't get broadband on a pay and call line, this had been rejected ... and they wouldn't process the phone until ... fill out the rest for yourselves ... ) haven't quite managed, although both BT and TalkTalk ( and POHP ... ) say that it is possible.

I'll let you know if I succeed !

Incidentally BT have the worst customer service in the world second only to NTL ! Conversely TalkTalk have been sweetness and light !