Disgusting behaviour from Brucie

Comments

• CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Watch it back.... They had cleared the runners up away, awarded the trophy and Louis and Flavia were standing there like spare parts while Brucie and Tess waffled to camera.

As shown in the video of the finale of DWTS, Tom Bergeron showed how it SHOULD have been handled....

For someone who is supposed be an experienced live presenter and good at ad lining, Brucie made a pigs ear of it ....as per usual these days.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a self obsessed arse who should go far away. The show would be much better without him and less fast forwarding would be necessary. it should no longer be up to him, the bosses should replace him to ensure the show's success continues for a long time.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    And Bruce's copper-breaking-up-a-fight-at-closing-time approach was so in keeping with the celebratory atmosphere of a light entertainment series.:rolleyes:

With that lot of noisy young people milling around how else was he likely to do it, simply by shouting...
    I'm in charge!
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a documentary or something years ago and this is how Brucie came across - controlling, rude, self-obsessed, egoistical and just one step away from throwing his toys out the pram. Not nice at all.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    With that lot of noisy young people milling around how else was he likely to do it, simply by shouting...

Those youngsters Fern Britton, Jerry Hall and Johnny Ball sure need to learn how to behave.:D
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure about disgusting behaviour but there is no doubt that he is well past his sell by date.

very anti- climatic ending.

didn't help that Louis showed virtually no reaction
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    One did hear from someone in the know that Bruce has been having trouble with the old sphincter of late which may explain his behaviour.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    At the culmination of 3 months of wonderful entertainment, the winners just announced, my abiding memory
    sofakat wrote: »
    He is such an arse. No finesse at all. Stupid old man.
    It completely soured the moment. He should have just let the spontaneity take over.

It's just a reality show you know, it's very in-keeping with the show itself that it's fans are as OTT as Bruno's praises about it :rolleyes::D. I feel like I should be wearing a dinner jacket.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious.

If you watch it back the pros and celebs didn't rush the stage at all, instead just walked over to the dancefloor - there was no need to bark at them but still, Darcey's face was priceless!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    It completely soured the moment. He should have just let the spontaneity take over.

Totally agree; hope he watches from a comfortable armchair next year :)
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    ... didn't help that Louis showed virtually no reaction

I wonder which one would be more thrilling?

Medals won against your peers on a world stage after many years of preparation.

A glitter ball trophy won against a pop singer and a TV presenter on TV reality show after several months training?

I can't say I've seen him receiving gymnastic medals but does he normally jump up and down and make a big fuss about it?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about disgusting behaviour but there is no doubt that he is well past his sell by date.

Err..

He's a gymnast, not a footballer.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    At least he managed a somewhat smile, did Harry last year?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presumed that it was because of the idiot who ran on stage at the end of last year's final show. Doesn't Louis have some friends in a pop group so Bruce might have been worried they would do the same if in the audience.

The contestants probably had arranged beforehand what final dance they would do after the presentation if they won so the Floor Manager would know Flavia and Louis needed space.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Would you like someone to talk to your grandfather like that.....Eh.......No I hear....Well then dont say that about Bruce

So we are not allowed to criticise his rudeness and egotistic behaviour because he is old?
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member

He was in shock.
  • tinselgirltinselgirl Posts: 241
    Forum Member

Just exactly what were you expecting him to do?! He looked perfectly delighted and a bit shocked to me. Perfectly understandable. We're you expecting him to shriek a la Kimberley, pull his shirt over his head and run about like a premiership footballer?

There really is no pleasing some people!
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufused wrote: »
    Some of the comments on this thread are ageist and unbelievably stupid. Bruce was excellent tonight and came across over-strong as he wanted to keep the floor clear for the winners. And then we get this heap of dreadful criticism. The only people who should be ashamed or embarrassed are those who trumpet this poison after a superb final. Get a life.

It was the way he kept shouting "back off, back off" that I found rude and spoiled the ending for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Bruce was in a bad mood after being told before the show that his syrup which has been in showbiz for over 50 years working for greats such as Frank Sinatra and Paul Daniels had decided to retire .
  • AndyTSJAndyTSJ Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they rehearse the end of the show, the camera is set on Bruce and Tess and their lines to end the show are all ready and then.... chaos descends. What, they're supposed to just stand there and let the end of the show fall apart. Not to mention there's a producer shouting in their ears to clear the floor and get on with it. Some of the barking on here is hilarious. Most weeks the collective gathering at the end is fine but this was the final and somebody - the producer, director, whoever - decided to do it differently with a clear floor. Nothing to blame Bruce about. He was class all night and on live television nothing is ever perfect.

The whole notion that somebody (OP) thought it was "disgusting" really just... makes me sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Past his sell by date .. needs a new host .. but not the names that have been put in the hat ..
    There is new blood out there give them a chance ..
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyTSJ wrote: »
    So they rehearse the end of the show, the camera is set on Bruce and Tess and their lines to end the show are all ready and then.... chaos descends. What, they're supposed to just stand there and let the end of the show fall apart. Not to mention there's a producer shouting in their ears to clear the floor and get on with it. Some of the barking on here is hilarious. Most weeks the collective gathering at the end is fine but this was the final and somebody - the producer, director, whoever - decided to do it differently with a clear floor. Nothing to blame Bruce about. He was class all night and on live television nothing is ever perfect.

The whole notion that somebody (OP) thought it was "disgusting" really just... makes me sigh.

I don't think the fourth couple in the final wanting to congratulate the winners can be described as 'chaos descends'.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    AndyTSJ wrote: »
    So they rehearse the end of the show, the camera is set on Bruce and Tess and their lines to end the show are all ready and then.... chaos descends.

:confused:

Except there was no chaos. The past celebs and pros came on stage and stood on either side of Flavia and Louis clapping. They weren't even near Louis and Flavia.

The only chaos on stage was Bruce.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bevrinton wrote: »
    Bruce was in a bad mood after being told before the show that his syrup which has been in showbiz for over 50 years working for greats such as Frank Sinatra and Paul Daniels had decided to retire .
    :D:D:D Perfect.
  • barkowskibarkowski Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Forsyth should be pensioned off immediately. Watching him is now like seeing some elderly care home resident suddenly gate crashing a party and embarrassing everyone. He misses his cues and still believes his jokes are funny - NOT. His attempted "dance" routines always go wrong.

Furthermore, his "back off" comments at the end were just unbelievable - just because he couldn't hog the limelight for a few seconds more.