The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

1575859606163»

Comments

• nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Bluray wrote: »
    Lets try and keep the thread positive eh?
    After all that's the advice you're giving out on another thread. It's rather incredulous that a new poster enters a thread not to comment on the film in discussion but to pull the OP apart.

You want to try practicing why you preach.

Don't pull rank on me, new posters can have opinions.

Try to keep the thread positive and stop arguing. It is like the last word syndrome that children have.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nWo 2013 wrote: »

Try to keep the thread positive and stop arguing. It is like the last word syndrome that children have.

Well try making your opinion about the subject of the thread.

Seems you're struggling with last word syndrome too, and last time I checked this thread was positive until you turned up.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    nWo 2013 wrote: »

Given how o/t you've gone, perhaps you should've started a seperate thread on the nature of these 'official' threads rather than post it here.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    How do you suggest such a common type of thread identifies itself then?

And for flocking read popular - created to invite forum members to make relevant posts in one tidy place unless they feel their slant on the matter genuinely deserves a seperate thread. Keeps more variety on page one etc.

Surely "The Dark Knight RISES Thread" should bring as many people and the exact same topics as " The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread".

Anyway this is daftness. It is what it is and won't change. Doesn't really make a bit of difference either way. I was just answering a question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Surely "The Dark Knight RISES Thread" should bring as many people and the exact same topics as " The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread".

Anyway this is daftness. It is what it is and won't change. Doesn't really make a bit of difference either way. I was just answering a question.

Yes, and you ended that answer with the exclamation "sad really". So you are right - this is daft but don't make out you merely answered a question, you fuelled the fire......rather unnecessarily.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    62 pages with no trouble, now some pathetic moaning about a 1 word in the title....???
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Yes, and you ended that answer with the exclamation "sad really". So you are right - this is daft but don't make out you merely answered a question, you fuelled the fire......rather unnecessarily.

Apologies. I meant no offence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies. I meant no offence.

There's no one to apologise to really but i'm sure your sentiment is appreciated.

Let's draw a line under it now and move on.....

I liked The Dark Knight Rises and need to get round to buying all three Nolan movie's on blu-ray at some point.
    Forum Member
    Any news on the special edition that is being released later this year?
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member

Exactly. No doubt a reply of accusations will follow. It was very big of you to apologise but you did nothing wrong. All you did was answer my question. If anyone took it the wrong way they shouldn't.
    There's no one to apologise to really but i'm sure your sentiment is appreciated.

Let's draw a line under it now and move on.....

I liked The Dark Knight Rises and need to get round to buying all three Nolan movie's on blu-ray at some point.

Wait a minute you just called us troublemakers for asking a question, which is what I did. Then you say lets forget it after that comment.

I am not a troublemaker to whoever said it. You have no ownership over the thread "no problems until now". There is no problem. Let me and Yuffie talk as we wish, it is harming no one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot believe it has almost been a year since i saw it...time has flown by!

Need to have myself a The Dark Knight trilogy marathon soon i reckon....adored Nolans universe he created that remained so faithful to the comics and mrked his own twist....i just hope Bale translates into future Batman movies :) He was sublime.

Anyways, cannot believe how fast time has flown already!
    Forum Member
    Super-wanktastic edition has been announced. September 24th in America, not sure about here.

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/darkknighttrilogyultimatebig.jpg

About the "Ultimate Collector’s Edition":
    Disc 1 – Batman Begins and Special Features
    Disc 2 – The Dark Knight
    Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
    Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises
    Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
    Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details below)

NEW Special Features:
    The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making...forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.

Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan ("The Dark Knight Trilogy") and Richard Donner (Superman: The Movie) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.

IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio

Exclusive NEW Memorabilia: Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler Vehicles; Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring The Scarecrow, The Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul; and, A 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies.
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually avoid double dipping but I think might just do it for this collection :)

The Nolan/Donner conversation looks especially interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    £66 (plus whatever tax Warner Bros. places on not being American, if we get it at all) for a couple of hot wheels toys, a reprint of a book that already exists (I'm willing to bet it's just "The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy" that has been on sale for some time), and some lacklustre, "look at us, aren't we amazing" special features. A tad disappointing really...
    Forum Member
    Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with it as well. No interest in toys and the new features will be available to download somewhere. No need at all to spend extra for this or wait for it to go down to a reasonable price.
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if we're getting new transfers for these films? TDK blu-ray's 35mm scenes had been ruined by edge enhancement. The saving grace of course was the perfect IMAX footage. The BB transfer was fairly average too, both this and BB need to be remastered. It'll be the deciding factor for me to get this collection if that's the case.
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like they are remastered - that's surely something they would announce in the press release.