Back off?

Goodboy2686Goodboy2686 Posts: 76
Forum Member
Ok, so this guy that I have been seeing moved away a week ago, we knew he was moving for 8 weeks due to his job but a couple of days before the move he seemed to change a little, got all quiet, didnt speak as much, that sort of thing. Since the move he has remained the same.
The thing is we were getting on so well and I was really falling for him but now I kind of feel like i've been played and he just wasnt that into me. I have asked if everything is ok and if something changed but he just said everything is fine and he has been stressed about the move and work hasnt gone right since the move. I have been supportive and given words of encouragement etc. I always write beautiful and stuff on my messages and he never says anything back like that.
I am starting to think I should lay my cards on the line and tell him that I really like him but that I am going to leave the ball in his court as I feel like a nuiance. Somedays I will text him and hear nothing at all back from him until the the end of the day.
I dont really know what to do

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telling someone how you feel is never a bad thing. He needs to recognize how his moods are affecting you and that you are having trouble deciphering the change. See where it goes, no sense in you holding all this in, and if you say your piece and he doesn't respond much, then you move on, he's not a good match for you.
  • Goodboy2686Goodboy2686 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to do it later today as I need to be straight in my head. When we saw each other everyday and stuff it was amazing, it felt so right and natural and things just developed and I know we have only really been together for a few months but we were friends for months before that also and I fell kind of hard really fast. Before he left I wrote him a note (i'm an old style romantic and thought it would be like a film and he could read it on the plane, silly I know) but he hasn't even mentioned the letter or anything!
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    moved away a week ago

Give him a chance, it's only been a week.
    Forum Member
    killjoy wrote: »
    Give him a chance, it's only been a week.

Thats what I kind of think too but surely things shouldn't change regardless?
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Thats what I kind of think too but surely things shouldn't change regardless?
    He may be being quiet etc because he's feeling sad at moving and doesn't want to deep down?
    Although if he doesn't answer your texts sometimes it may be that your feelings for him are stronger than his for you.
    Forum Member
    Anyone else any ideas what I should do? I text this morning justnsaying good morning, hope you have a good day and havent heard a single thing all day.