:eek:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    Were you a little tipsy :D

Perhaps. :o
    Morgsie wrote: »
    So the kidney transplant takes place off-screen?

Did you want it to be on-screen? *vomit smilie*
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Tom. :(
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full circle for Tom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9KEnWUeko

But as predicted, I now must part ways with this show.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted Toms gone.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps. :o

Did you want it to be on-screen? *vomit smilie*

If Tom died before the ambulance got there would his kidney even be able to be used?
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    If Tom died before the ambulance got there would his kidney even be able to be used?

I don't know, but I imagine there'd be a short period of time that the kidney could be 'saved' in. I don't know though, I'm not a medical expert. :o
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An end of an era, Waterloo Road won't be the same without Tom breaking up fights.
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, but I imagine there'd be a short period of time that the kidney could be 'saved' in. I don't know though, I'm not a medical expert. :o

allcockell will know I am sure
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone bothering with series 9 this show has seriously lost its way shame as I used to love this show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Not Mr Clarkson :'(

Its weird how he's like given life then died :/
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allcockell will know I am sure
    Not that knowledgeable.. but was thinking back to SJA yonks ago... plus back when Casualty was a damn sight less soapy...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye Tom Clarkson.:(

Chrissie's speech was quite emotional. I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed with some of the students' reaction to his death and it looks like we won't see the reaction from past characters of WR which is a shame. I do hope he's mentioned in the next series although a funeral scene might be unlikely but once Grantly goes, I think that'll be it for me watching the series. It has just felt really disjointed since the Scotland move.

Tom's final episode lacked a bit of build up. I would have loved to hear references of past characters like Izzie but sadly it wasn't the case. I will still miss the character very much, it won't be the same.:(
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

IIRC, with kidneys they have a small window post mortem. Lungs and hearts have to be pretty much straight away - as in the donor is wheeled into the operating theatre on life support. Livers & the rest (corneas, pancreas etc) I have no idea.

So theoretically, Tom would help Grantly and others.
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Not that knowledgeable.. but was thinking back to SJA yonks ago... plus back when Casualty was a damn sight less soapy...

::D I was jesting a little

I think donated kidneys can be harvested from a dead body but the circulation need to be kept going
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Goodbye Tom Clarkson.:(

Chrissie's speech was quite emotional. I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed with some of the students' reaction to his death and it looks like we won't see the reaction from past characters of WR which is a shame. I do hope he's mentioned in the next series although a funeral scene might be unlikely but once Grantly goes, I think that'll be it for me watching the series. It has just felt really disjointed since the Scotland move.

Waterloo Road new series usually start with 'a fresh start', the typical scene of lots of new teachers and pupils walking into school, various back stories being explained. There will probably be a brief mention but they won't dwell on it.
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that also Grantly's last ep?
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    Was that also Grantly's last ep?

I don't think so. He will appear in the next series but I don't think it will be for long.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::D I was jesting a little

I think donated kidneys can be harvested from a dead body but the circulation need to be kept going
    Yep- so best chance would have been if Christine had immediately started CPR once Tom went unconscious...
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I will watch series 9 but only till grantly leaves
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've watched it from episode one
    i'll watch it until episode LAST!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit scared that they'll do a 'Denzil' on Tom and nearly whitewash his death from the show. He deserves an on-screen funeral but I don't see that happening.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe toms gone. Not been watching as much recently - not finding it as good as the first few series , this may lower how often I watch it even more.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I didn't much like Tom as a character, but it was a decent enough exit for him. Wish they'd dwelled on the reactions a bit more...it is a drama after all. I'm not a big fan of slow-mo death scenes or songs playing over reactions very much, but they did okay.

I've quite enjoyed Series 8C. It's offered a lot of storylines in the space of ten episodes... Kacey's gender identity, Dynasty's rape, Steve-O's annoying presence, Grantly's hospitalisation, Lorraine's drunk-with-power bit, Sonya's little breakdown, Audrey and Ndale's whole thing, Lula's Nox insanity, the return of Josh, the return of Kyle, Connor and Imogen's wedding exposure, and Michael, Lorraine and Tom's exits. They've made it mostly about the main characters again, rather than student-of-the-week, and I like that. Only Lula's story was very weak out of that bunch for me, and I enjoyed the rest for the most part.

I think as they come to focus more on the newer characters rather than relying on the old ones, it'll be better still. I'll be watching Series 9 and hoping for continued improvement. If I recall correctly there is no 'C' part to the series this time, so it's going to be more in the style of Series 3-6 I presume. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I still enjoy the show enough to keep watching it, I enjoy it enough to post here on occasion and I don't watch it for the sake of individual characters (even if it was a particular character that got me into the show in the first place :p )
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one who enjoyed the Lula stuff, I'm disappointed they dropped Esther after it and I hope we get more new teachers next term as with Tom gone and Grantly leaving, their staff numbers are severely depleted.