Options

How long do you think the Christmas special will be?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
Forum Member
David Tennant's last episode was 2hrs 15 mins long. So how long do you think Matt's will be?

Comments

• Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably 60 minutes anything longer is a bonus
  • Options
    SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long enough.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    38 minutes with the BBC heralding the new opportunity to tell stories with a faster pace.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Nineteen hours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    364 days 23 hours, leading into the next one.

Coming soon and replacing BBC One HD, BBC DW HD channel.

I'm thinking something like The Truman Show, where a baby has been raised to believe he is a time traveller from another planet, and that his TARDIS works.
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    38 minutes with the BBC heralding the new opportunity to tell stories with a faster pace.

[in a Geordie accent] Did you know, that every thirty-eight minutes, through no fault of his own, The Doctor is forced to regenerate?

If ya don't believe me, go to www. idon'twanttogo.com/it'stheend/butthemomenthasbeenpreparedfor/adric?

/catherinetatereference
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want it to be at least an hour, but would like it to be a happy episode, not very grim like The End of Time, although I did enjoy it :D
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I imagine we'll get a 60 minute Christmas Special as per the norm. Longer than that would be a treat, but I don't see it being any more than 75 minutes... heck, I really don't see them extending it at all.

But if the Anniversary Special is 90 minutes, I'm quite okay with an hour episode. It'll likely link into the anniversary somehow as it is (sort of like an epilogue, or the third part of a loosely linked storyline after The Name of the Doctor and the 50th) and I'm hoping won't be a big bombastic send off akin to Tennant. Smith was always better at the quieter scenes, and could pull of something very poignant in his final hour. :)
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd guess it would have a 12cm diameter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess 60 minutes. It would be nice if it were a bit longer if the story needs it, but at the same time I hope they don't make it longer just for the sake of it being longer.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good hour episode would be great. Would like a two parter with part two shown on new years day but don't think it will happen. Please say it is called "Silent Night". We could end his era on a high. Cameos from River,Amy,Rory and Madame Kovarian would be great. Got some good stuff at the end of the year. It will be worth the wait. Celebrate 50 years. Then a few weeks later for christmas say goodbye 11 hello 12.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    60 minutes, maybe 75 if the story justifies it.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    60 minutes, they won't get away with anything longer on Xmas Day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    60 minutes at least, as with most other Christmas specials. However, since it is a regeneration story, I think it should be two parts. Maybe a 45-minute part, and then a 60 minute part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I'd guess it would have a 12cm diameter.

... and be pleasantly shiny?
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just under five months from now. :P

In all seriousness, probably an hour. Quite disappointing considering the fanfare Tennant was given.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'll be watching it on my main TV, so I think about 70cm long? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    It probably won't even be an hour long knowing the BBC and it's treatment of Doctor Who. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll look like it's 60 minutes long from the outside but actually be 900 minutes long on the inside?
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends, TEOT was a combined 135 minutes, and there's only about 15 minutes or so of it that I'd actually cut. But for those cuts to work, he'd have to have regenerated in the radiation chamber. (guess what scenes i'd get rid of:p)

If the anniversary special is 90 minutes and then Matt's last episode is 75 minutes, that would bring the amount of who we've had this year to just under 9 hours, meaning it wouldn't be too much less that what we'd normally get.

Making up somewhat for the reduced episode count.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the production team can get their shizz together for 2014.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    16 by 9. ;)
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long is a piece of string?
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    AG Verve wrote: »
    It probably won't even be an hour long knowing the BBC and it's treatment of Doctor Who. :(

Yeah, it'll probably only be about 10 minutes, quick regeneration and then credits, that sounds like the BBC. Evil bastards. ;)

Seriously though, it'll be 60 to 75 minutes depending on what Moffat has planned and what BBC plan to show on Christmas day, I think it's safe to say it won't be enough for some no matter how long.

I certainly don't want a repeat of Tennant's exit, it was far too long and I was practically begging him to "die already" during the second part, and I liked Tennant.